Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

May you say more detail, I don't understand what meanings " If you choose to keep StartSmart or NeroShowTime, your desktop shortcuts will not be deleted."
what he means if you leave these untouched and just let them instal,, the desktop icons will be created
Another question I do not execute this step

"* If you are using a localized (non-English) version of Windows XP/2003,you'll need to perform a

Search & Replace for all instances of the following words:

Start Menu\Programs\

there should be 14 occurances of that word

Desktop

there should be 2 occurances of that word

and Replace them with your localized OS language equivalent.

Save and Exit "

Does it any affection

what he means here is only do this if your using a xp os that is not in the s tandard language of english,, if your using an os that is from your country that does not show up in english then do these steps and replace them with your language

hope that helps some

Hi,

Thank you for this great program. It worked at my first attempt. :thumbup

I have just one question: is it possible to change that ugly default install path - Ahead\Nero - for anything we want?

@Amanda Krueger

Glad you were able to figure out how to run NCAB on your system. I will make a note of that. Actually the only file that needs to be in "%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR\" is unrar.exe, for quiet extraction.

If you don't own a copy of WinRAR, download UnRAR for Windows Command line freeware Windows UnRAR.

The default installation path is %ProgramFiles%\Unrar

@vcBlackBox

May be can you add some lines of code in your exe to check both "%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR" and "%ProgramFiles%\Unrar"

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

May you say more detail, I don't understand what meanings " If you choose to keep StartSmart or NeroShowTime, your desktop shortcuts will not be deleted."

what he means if you leave these untouched and just let them instal,, the desktop icons will be created

Another question I do not execute this step

"* If you are using a localized (non-English) version of Windows XP/2003,you'll need to perform a

Search & Replace for all instances of the following words:

Start Menu\Programs\

there should be 14 occurances of that word

Desktop

there should be 2 occurances of that word

and Replace them with your localized OS language equivalent.

Save and Exit "

Does it any affection

what he means here is only do this if your using a xp os that is not in the s tandard language of english,, if your using an os that is from your country that does not show up in english then do these steps and replace them with your language

hope that helps some

Thanks! vcBlackBox

Thanks! Lost Soul

Now I know what meanings

But it still can't creat icons

It creat desktopicons, but when langpack has been setup, the icons was deleted

I don't know why

anyway Thanks!

in my opinion i prefer felix`s "Nero Custom Install Builder" Why, because it`s more customizable, but with felix`s method i was getting the "Unknown BurnPhase" error. So i have switched to NCAB where i don`t get the error and for that i thank you vcBlackBox, excelant tool. However, i would like to be able to manualy customise the shortcuts. More specificaly, i use nero only and NCAB gives me the shortcuts;

Nero > Nero 6 Ultra Edition > Nero Burning ROM

Nero Express

i would like;

Nero > Nero Burning ROM

Nero Express

also i would like to edit the descriptions which is possible with "Nero Custom Install Builder" but with that said, NCAB is an excellant tool that gets the job done. I thank you.

@Neanderthal

I didn't choose those paths, those shortcut paths are Nero's defaults. I can't offer those types of customizations like Felix's method, because I'm not altering the way Nero install itself other than creating dummy files for those applications we don't want to install. The unknown burnphase error is most likely a missing registry entry.

But you can edit yourself, by putting this in Nero_Installer.cmd

move /y "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\Nero 6 Ultra Edition\*" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\"

Edited by vcBlackBox

Well, I finally got a chance to try this app out... but when I try to run it, I get the error (in a bright red, I might add... :P)

ERROR:

Nero Package 1 was not found in this directory.
The minimum version is Nero-6.6.0.12.exe or higher.

Press any key to continue . . .

The Nero-6.6.0.14.exe file is located in that directory. I've edited the .cmd file as instructed, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this (I don't think). I'm running an administrator account, and I've tried running NCAB.exe in compatibility mode for Win95 and Win98.

Any ideas?

@vcBlackBox, oh i see. So the only way to modify the shortcuts is to move them after they are created, i`ve put that code in Nero_Installer.cmd but the shortcuts don`t get moved. Never mind not realy a problem to move them manualy though. Thanx.

Edited by Neanderthal

@Zxian

If you renamed or extracted Nero-6.6.0.14.exe, NCAB can't detect it.

@Neanderthal

Make sure you're installing Nero with administrative privilege.

Paste this code immediately following the Nero CleanUp section

::      --------------------------------
::                Nero CleanUp
::      --------------------------------

set Neanderthals=%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\
set Homosapiens=%Neanderthals%Nero 6 Ultra Edition\
move "%Homosapiens%*" "%Neanderthals%"&rd "%Homosapiens%"

;) B) :P:D

oops, I forgot you were deleting other appz too.

Actually you should place them at the end of the file.

like so

:EOF
set N=%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\
set H=%N%Nero 6 Ultra Edition\
move "%H%*" "%N%"&rd "%H%"
exit

Change if necessary

@Zxian

Is NCAB in the same directory?