Silence of the foxes

LaptoniC

tested it with 1.5 beta 2 and having some problems.

first of all I install everything as admin first time, the prefs don't get carried over to the new users, also even so, the bookmarks are not copied over, and of my extensions the gmail notifier one doesn't get installed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm unable to get SOF to install *any* of the extensions I put in the Extensions folder. I've renamed each, but they all have their xpi file extension. I'm installing to the default directory. Is there something special I need to do still?

Thanks.

yes thats exactly what i am looking for too. I believe it may have to do with editing en-US.xpi, just rename as a zip to extract it.

But first im testing if SOF is working with Firefox 1.5 RC1.

[EDIT] SOF does not work with RC1 :(

Edited by DigeratiPrime

:thumbup Man this is the greatest Thank you soooo Much !!. :thumbup

But I have to ask, and it's been asked before, but did not find a definitive answer. Is there a way to get this to work for thunderbird ?

One thing i did notice is, my toolbar customizations do not get saved. where would that be stored?

Thx again for the hard work you have put into this.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with forecastfox installing I keep getting a disk/io error message on startup. When I uninstall this extesion then reinstall it works fine. I read somewhere that you need to copy the forecastfox directory. I have found a forecastfox directory in the profile directory. Where do I need to copy this directory to in the SOF structure and at what level do I copy from? I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just tried this useful tool but I had a problem. My bookmarks were exactly conserved, but my extensions have dissapeared!

The appereance of the toolbars (big icons), are the same as in a new installation. I don't have my qute-3-fx theme either.

How can it be? maybe because it's designed only for english installations or do I need a config.ini file?

I hope someone knows how to fix this. Thanks.

I just tested SoF with the german FireFox 1.5 that came out today. The profile is integrated fine, but my Extension flashgot does not get integrated. I tested to manually integrate it and it is compatible with Firefox 1.5. Any idea, why the extension does not get installed with version 1.5? Wit version 1.0.7 everything went fine. :(

Hmm, I got an updated version of my Firefox Theme Qute now, but both, the theme and Flashgot do not get installed when I use Silence of the Foxes. When I place them into the "extensions" folder in %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox manually, FF asks me to install the extensions and they just work fine with 1.5. So would it be possible to make SoF combatible with FireFox 1.5? Would be very nice.