Silence of the foxes

LaptoniC

I'm using SOF and having no issues making a silent installer for Firefox. However, it is NOT keeping my extensions like Adblock and so forth. I'm checking the boxes to do it, and I've even tried copying my entire Firefox contents to the Profile directory. No luck.

Any suggestions here??

Forecastfox doesn't install properly. It gives an error stating; "An error occured starting the Disk I/O Component." when it starts up. If I uninstall this extension, then firefox doesn't give this error. When I try to reinstall forecastfox, it never works properly after that... :(

I've dumped all my Themes into \Project\Themes and my Extentions into \Project\Extentions. I install Firefox 1.5, install everything I want, set my default homepage, configure the toolbars as I want, set the theme I want to be the default, configure my extentions, clear my personal data and exit. I open SoF, unpack the Firefox 1.5 Setup.exe, check all the boxes and click 'Copy Files', then click to build the silent installer.

While SoF is building, I uninstall Firefox, and kill both Firefox folders from %UserProfile%\Application Data\Mozilla and %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla.

When I reinstall, I get a basic, default themed 1.5 with my bookmarks. The toolbars have lost their configuration. No themes or extentions are installed, other than those that come with Firefox in the first place. When I reinstall the extentions, they have held their configurations.

I've been messing with this for two hours now. What am I missing? :unsure:

Edited by amerrykan

ok I got everything to work but it just creates another installer. First I have to install firefox, then I install the installer that SOF creates, and it installs my themes and extension fine.

Isn't firefox supposed to be integrated with my extensions? Where do I put the firefox installer downloaded from mozilla site?

when you say dumping your extensions in the themes and extension folders in SoF you do mean the *.xpi files used to install the extension and not the actual folders after the extension has been installed, Don't you ?
Documentation says this:

* Add your extensions(.XPI) files to Project\Extensions directory.

* Add your theme files(.JAR) files to Project\Themes directory.

I'm downloading the files from addons.mozilla.org and doing as I'm told. Is this not correct?