Xpize 4 Suggestions

XPero

I know that one can do this process by using the reshacker or some silimar programs but like me, I don't know how to replace some dlls like shell32.dll during when Windows is running.

moveex.exe doesn't work for me anyway so..

Use Replacer

Wow i was looking for soft like Replacer for such a long time :rolleyes:

About XPize v4 - I was thinking for a long time about changing the graph showing the disk percantage alloction. Even changing colors would satisfie me ;) and the Scan Disk icon is old (or maybe i'm wrong)

I did posted it as a suggestion. I dont see it as a bug but as an inconvenience because it should'nt change the indentifier settings of my OS, just my icons. Its easier that i SUGGEST that it not do that in the next release than to uninstall Xpise everytime i want to update my XP source files when there is a new RVMupdate available.

Thanks for the heads up on the other thread anyway.

__integrate.exe looks for the presence of WIN51IP or WIN51IC in the directory one level up from the directory it's being run from. So in other words, it runs from i386 and it looks up one level for those files which would normally be in the root of the CD.

Wow i was looking for soft like Replacer for such a long time :rolleyes:

About XPize v4 - I was thinking for a long time about changing the graph showing the disk percantage alloction. Even changing colors would satisfie me ;) and the Scan Disk icon is old (or maybe i'm wrong)

That disk porcentage graph is drwn by Windows, which means that is not a bmp nor an icon. So, it cannot be changed. Ask MS to change it in Longhorn :P

The scandisk (Check disk) icon found in drive properties -> Tools was already XPized a long time ago (it was in XPize 1.0 I think)

XPero

Perhaps it would be good to work on the XPize Updater. Because I have got my own msgina.dll and want to keep it. Could it be possible to select, which files should exactly replaced. During setup and in the updater perhaps. :P

Did anyone mention this already?

Would be quite cool XPero! :D

Hello everyone,

First thing i wan't to say is that I really like XPize, Good job XPero and others!

There is one thing that realy anoys me on the xpized IE.

The About box e106fae378.gif

It is in %windir%/system32/shdoclc/dll > 2110 > IE5.GIF

as the name says, the logo has not been updated since Internet Explorer 5 and I'd realy like to see it a bit more "modernised" if you know what mean.

If this could be done, I'd be realy happy :D .

XPero, your "XPize" pack is sheer genius... well done to you and your associates :thumbup

I've been using XPize since version 2.5 and loving it. However, I'm not a great fan of Royale, and prefer the default Luna theme. I must admit I was a little dissapointed with the BMP replacements (eg. in the Wizards, etc) that came with version 3 onwards - certainly they blend seamlessly with Royale and look great when using Royale - but to be brutally honest I just prefer the more ordinary "un-Royalised" BMPs that you did for version 2.

Would you consider adding an option in the next version to choose from either a Luna or Royale set of BMPs when installing XPize? It would be great if we could have this option...

Bad news about the IE about logo. I've tried and tried to replace it but it just doesnt get replaced. Even in doing it in Reshacker manually, it just looks the same as the original :unsure: So, that good graphics klasa did, cannot be used. Anyway IE7 is almost here, so just wait a little...and also, what's interesting in looking at IE about window? :P

@All of you: Thanks for suggestions.

XPero

if you do use VS's

please consider including the 'b0se' ones, they're smart

They're nice, but they have been already used for other shell packs. Also, I won't include any VS, except Luna and Royale (and mods of them).