Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

I'm busy with a bundle of some packs of people, n stripped out things...n I uninstallt ffdshow.. it just takes to much cpu power..

ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/spezial/shuttle.mpg

try to play that one with ffdshow, ur cpu usages goes sky high, with my filters, it just stays at 23% same with other formats. been testin thoroughly ;)

n all this is workin when u remove wmp9 wmp6.x AND the codecs from nLite :)

• 4 weeks later...

i've read this topic but can't find info about the differences between normal FFDshow and ffdshowLite.

Also what are the differences between Real/Quicktime Alternative and Real/Quicktime Lite packages? Are they just the same but without MPC? similar as the alternative packs+switch not to install MPC?

btw

it is really great to be possible to remove WMP completely and still be able to play everything!

@Fridge-Raider

don't know about ffdshowlite, but normal ffdshow can give the best videoquality... this is one of the advantages above codecpacks.. and it is low on resources... when you turn on Post-processing (can improve quality a lot!) this requires more from the CPU.

go make screenshots of high definition divx/xvid movies, you will see that the divx and xvid codec have better quality and lower cpu activity.

and about the lower cpu activity, thats really usefull, cant even watch HD divx at school with ffdshow.. cpu at 100% :(

@titou2k

These are updated versions of the WMLite files.

Updated according to this site:

http://home.arcor.de/carsthom/updates/wmp10_updates.html

I've only included updated files that were already in your package.

Maybe you can update your WM10Lite.exe?

Updated files + versions:

wmnetmgr.dll->10.0.0.3921

wmp.dll->10.0.0.3923

wmvcore.dll->10.0.0.3923

wmvdmod.dll->10.0.0.3923

Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.de/files/1995258/updatedWMLite.7z.html

he hasn't been on the forum for quite a time... guess he'll check and include it if he can, even though that could that quite a long time.

while you're at it, ask him to update quicktime and real too, i don't wanna bother him :lol:

he hasn't been on the forum for quite a time... guess he'll check and include it if he can, even though that could that quite a long time.

while you're at it, ask him to update quicktime and real too, i don't wanna bother him  :lol:

I didn't know that :blushing:

I would do it myself but I don't know how to update a 7z-sfx archive.

OK

still have the questions:

can't find info about the differences between normal FFDshow and ffdshowLite.

Also what are the differences between Real/Quicktime Alternative and Real/Quicktime Lite packages?

Are they just the same but without MPC? similar as the alternative packs+switch not to install MPC?

:thumbuptitou2k BIG THX, really usefull! :thumbup

Ok, I read in THIS thread and ours (Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...).

titou2k has already responded to similars questions of bucketbuster but...

I want resume for those that aren't too familiar whit WMP stuff (not me :blushing: )

1 - Nlite - Remove Components - Windows Media Player & Windows Media Player 6.4

2 - Nlite - Tweaks - Compatibility - (NOT) Keep Windows Media Player compatibility

3 - Integrate or utilize titou2k packagers from her site K-Sphere Projects

QUESTION (if that's all right)

The difference between [Windows Media] and [WM10 Stream & Codecs 2] on the site are the "Codecs" ...or what? Is there a "Windows Media Stream & Codecs 2" English (Italian I know is to ask too mutch)

Merci beaucoup

Great stuff!

Does the WM codec pack use the recently released hardware accelerated drivers (available in the form of a service pack), and if so can you confirm an y performance improvments?

Cheers,

James

So, what are the version numbers of the dlls?

Did you simply extract the service pack and reintegrate the directshow filters back into your pack, or are you also modifying a few registry entries too? I gather the latter is required to actually enable the hardware acceleration in question.

James