Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

what do the \1 mean? wich one should be best?

It deals with the decoder. Personally, I used what titou2k suggested before I even read his post.

I discovered the same thing as Todd, if I remove npdsplay.dll from Firefox\Plugins, it asks to download the .wmv files.

But ofcourse then embedded wmv doesn't work anymore

That's the only problem I'm having :(

Edit: And it seems titou2k hasn't been active for a few weeks :(

Edited by todd`

@titou2k, nice :D:thumbup

About your installer, could you let people choose install directory ?

Please, please, sitouplait :lol:

You should also inform your webpage's visitor that they need to set MPC to save config in an ini file and that they then need to edit it.

I had no time to read everything here.

Do you manage to read streaming files in IE ?

(then, how ?)

Thanks. :hello:

Edited by Camarade_Tux

You should also inform your webpage's visitor that they need to set MPC to save config in an ini file and that they then need to edit it.

This is a problem with MPC, not titou2k's pack. It's not necessary to save to an ini file. You can edit the options directly in the window to make the same change.

This is a problem with MPC, not titou2k's pack. It's not necessary to save to an ini file. You can edit the options directly in the window to make the same change.

Yes but we aim compatibility and convinience.

Anyway, that's not really a big deal. :rolleyes:

And I don't really see where you can change /0 to /1 without the .ini file. :huh:

And I don't really see where you can change /0 to /1 without the .ini file. :huh:

mpcoptions1dj.th.png

mpcoptions1dj.th.png

Nothing more to say than : "you are right" :blushing:

:hello:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm it would be nice if there was an update of QuicktimeLite... also ffdshow perhaps..

Btw if I install ffdshow (full), when I rightclick during a movie in MPC, select 'filters' I could acces ffdshow config... with ffdshowlite that doesn't seem possible..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me there are no nig problems: only my RunOnceEx-script is interrupted because I already have a newer version of wmvcore.dll installed (through WMP10 1.3 addon, although I removed WMP in this particular install).

And just yesterday I encountered an MPEG which required QT to be installed. FF wouldn't open the file, but when downloaded, the MPEG plyed just fine in MPC.

I do remember Quicktime and Real having had some updates in the past 5 months - maybe some updated fileversions could be used?

THX very much for your codec pack!

the only problem with WM codecs: blank page in Firefox when opening .wmv link / no possibility to download it instead (have to use IE for those links)

I suppose this is a bug in the wmp plugin... don't know if you can fix this.

ffdshow: outdated & can't view the configuration of ffdshow while playing movie in MPC (rightclick movie --> filters..)

(& can't seem to open the configuration window using the shortcut I copied after an install of the full version of ffdshow.)

Quicktime: very outdated.

It is the wm codecs package wich is ofcourse the most important one.

Edited by ZileXa

• 1 month later...

Aaah there has been an update! I was worried if I had to use the Alternative packs again... they are too big for my cd..

I see TTPack has been renewed.. I hope the ffdshow this one contains is better, hope it is now configurable trough MPC. Going to use it soon.