Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

titou2k, don't forget that some plugins can also utilise the .xpt component system to add further controls to the browsers.

The RealPlayer plugin for example should also have 'nppl3260.xpt' and 'nsJSRealPlayerPlugin.xpt' in the 'components' folder.

Cheers,

James

I'm not entirely sure they are required by the browsers, but one would imagine they enable extra control or functionality. I noticed this with the RealPlayer plugin after copying the relevant .xpt files anyway.

Cheers,

James

titou2k, don't forget that some plugins can also utilise the .xpt component system to add further controls to the browsers.

The RealPlayer plugin for example should also have 'nppl3260.xpt' and 'nsJSRealPlayerPlugin.xpt' in the 'components' folder.

Cheers,

James

Hi Yes, I also saw those files and originally thought they were the main files required, but I was very surprised to see it worked without them and I have not noticed any missing functionality so far.

does firefox need also this files nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt and QuickTimePlugin.class ?

Pack of plugins updated

Well, I do not have any of those fles and I do not see anything wrong here, but perhaps some websites require them who knows?

One would assume it is for some kind of scripting support. I recall the BBC RealMedia stuff displayed slightly different information in the status bar when the extra files were available; changing the 'Buffering...' from a percentage to a seconds tick-down.

Mind you, this was a few weeks ago, so I could be getting my wires crossed.

James

Hi does this mean you got streaming in both Firefox and IE working, would you mind indicating what was missing from my original process?

same process but i register QTPlugin.ocx before copying QuickTime.qts in system32

Any similar solution for the realplayer codec?

@coch

I used your process here but i add and register 'rmoc3260.dll'

-------------

Now that all seems to work, it's time to think of an unique package.

WM10, Quicktime, Real are ready

I am thinking of 'libavcodec' from ffdshow and audio ogg codec.

What do you think about that? Yes, No, More Codec, Less Codec?