Removing Both Media Players + Codecs...

jmbattle

@jmbattle

you are right, i need to add:

HKCU,Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences\VideoSettings,"EnableDXVA_WMV",0x00010001,"1"

@ZileXa

ReaLite/QtLite is based on Real/Quicktime Alternatives but without MPC and without some files which are not useful for the basic use.

Same for ffdshowlite

ok thanks for the info.

For the TTPack this might help you:

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/

contains the Directshow filters for Ogg vorbis and Flac (also Theora and Speex).

I tried ffdshowLite, but there is no Configuration anymore! So I can't enable Subtitles (or set 1 folder for all the subtitles) or Postprocessing...

at least subtitles are very usefull...

ok thanks for the info.

For the TTPack this might help you:

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/

contains the Directshow filters for Ogg vorbis and Flac (also Theora and Speex).

I tried ffdshowLite, but there is no Configuration anymore! So I can't enable Subtitles (or set 1 folder for all the subtitles) or Postprocessing...

at least subtitles are very usefull...

I would love to have the subtitles-option too....

:P

Ok Ok Subtitles:

But I have a pb. I can't access to ffdshow config . Even if i use official version. It gives me an error. It should be my config.

Could you test this.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe ffdshow.ax,configure

Is it working?

alright I am going to use all your packages now too!

Don't like to install unuseful things :)

btw someone posted a while ago that the original codecs (xvid and divx) have better quality then ffdshow... I am not going to test things out (not time at all) since ffdshow gives me superb quality already and with Auto q. control no high cpu usage...

Edited by ZileXa

Has all streaming problems been fixed yet? If not I found out how to restore it . It may defeat the point of WMPLite but I haven't tested it thoroughly, the last step may be unnecessary.

unregmp2 /PreInstall
unregmp2 /RegUniv
unregmp2 /RegExts
rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection wmp10.inf

unregmp2 is in the WMP10 installer, but it doesn't come with WMPLite. If anyone wants to try to see which of these steps can be removed... :D Will test it more when I format my laptop again.

Update:

Seems like the last step is required, but you can then invoke the DefaultUninstall of wmp10.inf and streaming still works.

Edited by OCedHrt