Windows Super Advanced Hacks - Read plz!

Tihiy

the image is a .png converted from 4 .bmp screen captures,

the conversion is lossless, there are no artifacts.  :no:

there is a difference.  :yes:

Ok, you're right. I'll look after that key.

Gape: it'll be an honor, sir. When it'll be ready (if it'll be ready) i'll publish it here.

Some good news. I've done a lot of hard work and haven't found unsolvable problems so far, there's may be a pre-release tomorrow. If everything goes fine, i'll also add new icons/bitmaps (including xp toolbar buttons patch) to final version, as optional components.

Ok, some good news again. I've almost rewritten it. Although currently there are some stability/perfomance problems, but i sure they're all fixable. 32-bit color is now supported almost anywhere in 32-bit app: in toolbars (i'm making new toolbar hack too), listviews, treeviews and such. It wasn't so hard (about 1000 lines of code) and that proves again that Microsoft is playing unfair game. I'm going to take a break now (passing exams) and i think i'll release it on the weekend.

Any name suggestions?

Any name suggestions?
"Unofficial True 32bit Visual Interface Upgrade for Win9x"

News Flash!

Computer User Group trumps Microsoft at their own game: adding a slew of improvements to Windows, that have long & wide been clamored for-- but that Microsoft has been unable and/or unwilling to make!!!!

An unlikely & motley crew of computer enthusiasts, most of whom spend the bulk of their time speeding up the performace of the various Windows Operating Systems, shoring up their inherent weaknesses-- AND as well helping the public resolve their problems with numerous Windows bugs thru free tech support...... have re-tooled Windows to run much faster, and have plugged up many of its security vulnerabilities, all while simultaneously adding key functionalities missing from the Operating System.

Excerpt from a CNN interview last week with Paula Zahn:

Now, guys what led you to do all this?

Well, Paula-- we have just grown weary over the years of being spoon-fed one version of an Operating System, with someone else's idea of what components should be inside it-- and to boot they often don't mesh harmoniously-- thus necessitating frequent computer restarts: each of several minutes duration-- its not like flipping your tv On/Off without skipping a beat. We have been asking for decades now, for many changes made & components added-- all to liitle or no avail.

HHmm, is what you have said really true, and if so is it that serious? My computer at home rarely breaks down.

To address your first question: the internet is chock full of forums & independent software distributors dedicated to the sole purpose of correcting weak Windows components & adding missing ones. Those who will be using their computer to perform significant work, usually spend days after initially installing Windows, changing settings, replacing weak components, and adding missing ones. Just to even be able to have a computer system on & connected to the Internet for hours at a time requires a Herculean preparation effort: you're in the news business, you must see the daily reports of computer security problems!

Well--

Sorry to interrupt you Paula-- to answer the second part of your question: assuming that what you do with your computer at home is to turn it on, check some email, maybe type a memo for work, click on an ad or two, then turn it off... that's like claiming your car purrs like a kitten when all you do is occasionaly drive it at residential speed to your corner deli. What about those who have to race over our nation's highways for hours at a time each day, often through inclement weather and/or subpar surfaces?

So what is your main purpose or goal in all this?

Paula, what we have been postulating essentially is this:

How would you like if 90% of all cars in America were one entity-- imagine most folks buying say, a Ford Pinto, and you decide you--actually, let's backtrack and change buy to Lease-- we don't buy Windows, it is not ours to do with as we wish, we only lease its use from Micros--

What, come again?

Yes, Paula: stated right on the licensing agreement-- and one is not free to: after having paid the not so low price, do with it as one wants-- recompile it, change computers and reinstall--

You mean--

Yes, Paula: imagine if you go to Blockbuster and buy a movie-- but you wouldn't be allowed to alter / apply special effects to it once you got home, and if you were unlucky enough to have your tv break down: that it would be illegal to watch that movie on your new tv-- you'd need to buy a new copy to go with your new tv.... and what's so outrageous about this is that we're not talking a few dollars' price of a movie, but a few hundred for a new OS.

To continue our Pinto story: they've decided that is the type of car useful to the largest number of folks. Those in rural areas & harsher climes clamor for a different model-- say a Blazer-- or at least options for off-road tires, windshield wipers, rear heated windows, independent suspension, etc.-- all which are turned down as being cost-prohibitive because not in wide demand by the majority of users. Additionally, the cars come from the factory with their speed limits capped at 45mph(through various engine & system caps) to minimize non-expert drivers damaging their cars.

This means, that right off the bat, many customers have to spend more than the initial purchase price re-outfitting their car, as well as considerable time re-adjusting various settings-- all this in a gray area as far as 100% legality.

On top of all this, every two years the Pinto gets upgraded to a GrandAm, then a LeSabre, then a Park Avenue......

We're running out of time-- we've got about 30 seconds left. Can you quickly sum up what you are doing to change this status quo?

We've cobbled together the best parts of the various latest 'models' of Windows to basically eliminate most weaknesses & utilize most strong points of each. We've created a Windows 'auto' that should win most road races against the original / latest factory models. We've eliminated a lot of the causes for random engine shutdowns, & steering lockups, we've increased performance by uncapping some system limits such as physical ram amount maximums & internet cruising speeds, etc. And to top this off, we've also worked up the most superior exterior & paint job ever seen on a Windows OS with the:

"Unofficial True 32bit Visual Interface Upgrade for Win9x", surpassing that of even WinXP's-- which is not entirely 32bit, as widely claimed.

We're labeling our finished product: Windows 98SE2ME2XPto2K3

Sounds like you have a winner on your hands guys. Now, what could you tell our worldwide audience to back up your performance claims-- some may be wondering if your speeds function as claimed, and even whether stability has not degraded further as a result?

Paula, we invite the public at large to submit any program they have whatsoever. We will conduct performance & longetivity tests on identical brand new computer models: one will have the very latest Windows release, the other one our 98SE2ME2XPto2K3 version-- we do reserve the right to tweak our system in any way we see fit. We will demonstrate how some tasks can run 10-20 times faster on our custom Windows systems.

Well, we'll be looking forward to that in the coming days & weeks-- maybe we can even have you back to conduct some trials Live! On CNN!

Paula, we look forward to that and to be of service to the general public: it will mean an awful lot to us to know we have improved the daily lives & work experience for so many folks.

Thanks guys. That about does it here at the studio for us today, we'll be turning it over to Bill Hemmer on location as he reports on this year's Super Bowl pre-festivities. Good Morning, Bill!

Good Morming, Paula! I was listening in-- that is some group you just had on! Taking on an American behemoth like that.

Yes, we'll be watching to see what develops. Courageous bunch of guys. So, Bill have you got a prediction for us on the game?

End of transcript.

Spread the gospel folks.......... and check back here often for further developments.

Ok, i've a problem and can't release program without solving it. Restorator 2004 suddenly corrupts 9x/Me DLL files if replacing icons with 32bit analog, so i can't create universal ResPatcher... Any ideas?

ALSO: didn't understand about UXTHEMES. I don't sure, but it will provide additional compatibility with WindowBlinds, and not any other theming engines now.