• Panasonic
    • Sharp
    • Nintendo
    • Samsung
    • Intel
    • AMD
    • HP
    • Other (Please Post)

What do you think is the best company in the whole wide world?

I would say Microsoft, please don't hate me. :-)

I made a post like this but made it read only by mistake.

It is deleted now.

Sorry for making a new one, but I wanted to see your views.

How do you qualify 'best'? I could sellect a company like Nucor Steel who are one of the few or only steel companies left in the US. They swim while the others have sunk. They profit and their employees do well. Or Google. The have a great product, used daily by millions and their employees make good money and have an awesome work environment.

All the companies that you list have products I might buy but it would be based on the product, price and quality, regardless of the brand name. I like Lite-On, LG and any other lesser or unknown manufacturer if it gives me what I want. I look at my computer and I see a CD-RW, DVD-RW and a wireless card. CD-RW, it works fine, I forget who made it. CD-RW, it works fine, I forget who made it. Wireless card, it works fine, Belkin product, just installed it. (just looked, DVD=NEC, CD=Optorite) The only other thing I would look at these days is where it might be made. How many computer components are manufactured by a handful of companies and sold under someone else's name? That goes for a lot of products. Outsourcing.

A name brand doesn't always mean a good product. I probably know someone who owns a Gateway computer but I don't know who. I know several people who own Dells and most are not happy. I got one second hand and it was limited in how you could change it. It lacked extra slots, the modem would never work, the previous owner could never get good help inside the warranty period. A brand name doesn't make the product in my eyes, the product makes the name brand.

I am in the construction field and there is one company that produces nothing but homeowner junk, except for their wormdrive framing saw. Their wormdrive is also relabled by a few other companies and sold as their own.

DL

Yeah why dont you post polls grouping companies that produce similar products like Sega, Nintendo, Atari, etc.

i stated atari, theres nothing wrong with it, learn how 2 read others posts leading to the post your wanting 2 ask about :P i was stating my vote would have been atari :thumbup

So what's wrong with ATARI mate...I still have the old 8-bit version..and a 32-in-1 game cartridge for it  :thumbup :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

What is 'Best'? As @DL mentioned, too often we think in terms of brands.

I like Nintendo because its got an excellent record of Innovation, and Great Games. Today they're an underdog in their business, but they manage to outperform thier larger competitors.

AMD was the underdog, but went against the clock speed rule favored by Intel and won. There chips tend to outperform Intel in speed and cost.

Google is the company I would want to work for. Its a very creative, productive, and efficient company. That is making a very positive global impact at light speed.