memories of the good old days

sven

lol, wow pong.  i want one :D.  get a pong party and play for ages lol.  i got rid of my sega game gear thought... wanted to play sonic lately  :P

would you like to play at least with a flash version of some sonic stages? PM if you want it.

I dunno whether this will bother you folks, but if any of you like to try out emulation, head over to http://emu-russia.km.ru/?l=en :) , Tonnes of ROM's available for alot of retro consoles and computers, or http://romhustler.net/si/ which might have some stuff the former doesn't offer. As for emulators, well they're easy enough to hunt down.

Have fun! :D

If you must know, I'm a 16 and 8 bit kid lol, Master system, NES, Mega Drive and SNES ALL THE WAY! :w00t:

Emulating is a cheap alternative to the real thing...

To actually play with an old console such as the NES with those akward (real ergonomical :P) controllers behind an old TV will give you the best retro-feeling! Also I'd like to sit on the couch, instead of sitting behind the computer.

Okay, with a few clicks you can play virtually every game ever released for every console.. but nothing beats the real thing!

Anyway, this http://www.the-underdogs.org/ is a good site for classic games for the PC, where you sometimes may get the downlaod the game if it's abandoned.

Yeah I still got my NES, and theres nothing better then hooking it up from time to time and blitzing Power Blade, Wrath of the Black Manta, Mega Man 2, Bionic Commando (Possibly the best NES game ever!) :w00t:

I found my old ZX Spectrum 48k in the loft last year, and a box with joysticks, cables, a tape deck, magazines, around 300 cassettes full of games. Some where originals, but most were 60 min tapes with about 20 games on each side - so i guess i must have close to 5000 speccy games to blast away the hours with.

Unfortunately, the vital LOAD button is missing, i remember my dad removing it because i spent too much time on it instead of doing my homework :) so you have to use the rubber end of a pencil to press the contacts down.

Or for a big eBay clear out :lol: It's surprising how well they sell, a friend of mine is just about to bid on a Sega Master System with 50+ games (All Boxed + Instructions) for £60! A pretty sweet deal for seller and buyer in my opinion! I know most of you are all for the ulitmate retro re-living, but I really do think that in today's age, it just makes sense to go to emulation now, especially where older systems are concerned.

Do you REALLY want to sit for 10 minutes plus watching your old spectrum and commodore games loading, while having to listen to the annoying screetching (as if you were back on a 28 k modem!) and sitting at all the flashing colours and s*** with the big loading screen in the middle lol.

Do you REALLY want to sit for 10 minutes plus watching your old spectrum and commodore games loading, while having to listen to the annoying screetching (as if you were back on a 28 k modem!) and sitting at all the flashing colours and s*** with the big loading screen in the middle lol.

You could always use one of these:

fastloadcart.jpg

I still have my Fast Load cartridge. It's sitting on my 300 baud modem!

• 3 weeks later...

Still remember Perfect Dark, Goldeneye 007, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie all from the good old Nintendo 64. If I may say it, the best console ever. It had the best games. Perfect Dark lasted four years with constant playing (right after school, five min of homework and then away to play). Long since i played it, planning to begin again soon. You'll see, I played it so much that i got way to tired of it............

Best Regards

Nerevar

N64 is not the greatest console of all time. Nintendo focuses on games for kids. That's why so many Mario based games. Their best games were GoldenEye 007, and Zelda - Ocarina of Time. Why? Because it was the best they did with graphics, gameplay, storyline and realism.

The best gaming console of all time will be the next proceeding console to be released and so on simply because they always gets better, can handle higher graphics, features, options, etc. So far, though, it's the PC. A game can only get better as newer sound cards, video games, processors, RAM, and higher graphics come around.