WMP10 Slipstreamer Version 1.1

Hello BTS,

Can you please, make it so that the WMP files are protected by Windows System File Protection whilst maintaining what they did.. (bashly, etc.)

(ie: Re-enabling MP3 encoding / playback) in WMP10...

--> Also, they are trying to make Windows recognize the WMP9 playlists...

OK, read everything. Basically it's about how to update to newer versions that aren't included in MP10Setup.exe yet. And about adding MP3 ripping support.

So basically I won't get much further with this... except for that one link to this topic.

I won't replace V1.1 very fast, I WILL however start with some beta versions. More replies to follow tomorrow... I'm very tired...

I had a read of that other thread using mce2005 , but that thread has been idle since 30 September 2004 , 7 months ago :blink:

Looks like no1 is intrested anymore or can't be bothered about it.

I managed to get the playlists/syncplaylist slipstreamed so they install correctly and work.

Also managed to get the Media Devices to slipstream as well , I now have sync working as it should along with the Media Devices in Control Panel, my Creative Nomad is reconised and syncs with my sync playlists B) . Unless there's something other I've missed that the sync function does then I call it worked out for now for me.

The l3codecp.acm is now registered into windows as well not just by the reg entries I posted in earlier posts, now other 3rd party progs can use the mp3 ripping as well not just WMP10.

Also added the reg entries for WMP10 registration , that stops games and apps bitching that media player 10 needs to be installed even though it is. My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 no longer nags me about WMP10 needs to be installed:)

I'm not to interested in the online shop side of things so I havent really looked to much into it as of yet.

Looking forward to your beta versions of the slipstreamers BtS .. keep em coming :thumbup

Guys ... On my XP CD (Original, no mods on it) I have Media Player 6 :(

Will this work with it? I havent removed it with nLite tho.

Thank you!

EDIT: Got an error on Windows Installation saying that Windows Media Player wasnt correctly installed, if I wanted to download it from Microsoft Site.

Said no ... Lets see what it happens! :(

This was on the Registry part :(

EDIT #2: My bad! Didnt put the code right on HIVEDEF ...!

After all the problem is still there! :(

When it gets to the part of Registering Components, I get an error message saying:

Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Do you want to install the Player from Microsoft Web Site?

Help guys! Did everything like it was on the instructions ...! :(

PS: I did place the "code" on the first group of things on the [AddReg]

Because I have to [AddReg], placed the code on the first.

EDIT: One more thing that just happened! :(

When it gets to the part where ir removes any used files from setup (On Windows Installation) I get this error:

The instructions at "0x5aa4423f" referenced memory at "0x5aa4423f". The memory could not be "read".

Im getting desesperate!!! :(

Thank you!

I have only tried this slipstream method with XP Pro with Service Pack 2 and all critical updates upto 12-4-05 allready applied before slipstreaming WMP10.

Basically you'd want to use this slipstream method with at least SP2 already intergrated into your XP (SP2 had the WMP9 in it ? I'm not sure). I could be wrong but as far as I can see this method is using the entries of WMP9 to slipstream WMP10 since 10 isn't that far differant to 9 in the actual entries it uses.

And in no way use nlite to rip anything to do with WMP or MP6 before or after slipstreaming WMP10.

I didnt use nLite to rip anything from Media Player. Just used nLite to take out some of the bloat.

So ... Cant use the splipstreamer without having SP2, is that right?

When it gets to the part of Registering Components, I get an error message saying:

Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Do you want to install the Player from Microsoft Web Site?

Help guys! Did everything like it was on the instructions ...!

One more thing that just happened!

When it gets to the part where ir removes any used files from setup (On Windows Installation) I get this error:

The instructions at "0x5aa4423f" referenced memory at "0x5aa4423f". The memory could not be "read".

Windows Media Player WAS NOT removed with nLite!