Does Service Pack 2 slow you down?

SiMoNsAyS

Does Service Pack 2 slow you down?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Does Service Pack 2 slow you down?

• Yes
    • Not sure
    • No

Well i though about this idea so i had go to see if it right i had 2 pcs all the same specs each other (i.e 2ghz etc) and both formatted and reinstalled Windows XP on both and updated one wiv SP1 and the other wiv SP1 and SP2 and came out after few tests that SP2 was slower that SP1 by 1 secound personally probly the reason is that the SP2 is more Information on the XP O.S were SP1 anit but personally 1secound wait anit that Nasty

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

SP2 ain't no big thing. It's jus a newer and better version of windows. Get it!, jus like you would'a any other upgrade for the past ten years. It's a no-brainer! MS fixed a bunch of problems and added much higher security, like a pretty dang'd good firewall.

What it Will do though, is set anything that you may have "tweaked" back to default.

So if you've shut down un-needed Services or tweaked your memory manager, You'll have to go back and do your tweaks again.

Again, it ain't no big thing!

It's jus a part of the ongoing process.

As for slowing down your PC....if it does, then you've got a pretty sorry PC. lol

Cheers,

Andromeda43

• 3 weeks later...

i'll say that I don't notice the difference to be honest (used nlited installs mind), but the SP's in Win2000 slow it down... (sp4 is a lot bigger than no sp)

maybe someone can test with benchmarks? -vanilla xp, xpsp1 and xpsp2 (no tweaks allowed) I would but don't have the time