Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP2

@a06lp: change the settings of Windows Update to 'Catalog' view (or something alike), then you can select the updates you want and choose a folder to which you want to download

@nemesis5: RyanVM's Update Pack is designed to work with win xp English... So I'm afraid it won't work for the German windows versions...

Bâshrat the Sneaky

bit of a stupid question, but how do you download a file from windows update without installing it (for XPCD purposes)?

Each hotfix identified on WindowsUpdate will have a Details link for it. It will take you to the article that talks about the patch. You can download it from there.

i have a winxp pro + sp2 (german version) does your "Update Pack Full 1.0.1a" get compatible there? or it is only comptable with winnxp pro english version?

me2 and it actually DOES work here... at least for now (the newest IE 6.0 cumulative update is however language dependent!)

btw:

what is the difference of the following folders in an update-file?

sp2gdr

sp2qfe

So is there a way to "unintegrate" an integrated hotfix?

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for XP SP2 (KB834707)

How to slipstream the hotfix into the unattend CD.

1. Open a command window where you have the 'WindowsXP-KB834707-x86-enu.exe' file saved.

2. WindowsXP-KB834707-x86-enu.exe /integrate:C:\XPSP2\ Important --> (C:\XPSP2 = full path to unattend cd folder)

After integration the following files are either added or edited:

The following '5' Files are added to the 'i386' folder:

wininet.dll

urlmon.dll

shdocvw.dll

mshtml.dll

browseui.dll

The following '2' Files are added to the 'i386\svcpack' folder:

KB834707.cat

KB834707.exe

The following '2' Files are Edited in the 'i386 folder':

SVCPACK.INF

DOSNET.INF

SVCPACK.INF

The following lines are added (if not already existing that is) to 'svcpack.inf'

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

KB834707.cat

[setupHotfixesToRun]

KB834707.exe /q /n /z

DOSNET.INF

The following lines are added (if not already existing that is) to 'dosnet.inf'

[OptionalSrcDirs]

svcpack

What about Update for Windows Media Connect?

There is no download for that atm. Only windows update.

Anyone got it and know how to install silently?

cya,

Will

Get the file and more information from here --->Microsoft's 'Windows Media Connect' Page

or

Download Directly from here --->'Windows Media Connect 10'

Courtesy 'Nilfred', there is now a working solution for a silent install without getting the silly 'System Restore' message.

Solution here -->How to Silent Install Windows Media Connect

FWIW, If your worried about bandwidth, you can always grab Sharaza for free then post just the sha1 and edonkey links. Place the files into your shared files folder and point the links to them thus alieviating your bandwidth problems as once one person downloads it, others will be able to grab it from them and so on, much like using bit torrent but without having to grab yet another client. Though Sharaza does bit torrents as well, most P2P apps wont, plus they will create the links for you inside the app. Most will either have Sharaza or eDonkey on their systems already. With Sharaza, you can also download from eDonkey as well, though I am unsure what capabilities eDonkey has, I do know that Sharaza is the most secure of the P2P apps I have ever used, including Kazaa, Gnutella, WinMX, etc.

What about Update for Windows Media Connect?

There is no download for that atm. Only windows update.

Anyone got it and know how to install silently?

cya,

Will

Get the file and more information from here --->Microsoft's 'Windows Media Connect' Page

or

Download Directly from here --->'Windows Media Connect v10'

My 'start.cmd' entries for a completely silent install without any 'System Restore Warning' Messages. I have System Restore turned off through a registry tweak run via cmdlines.txt

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Windows Media Connect v10
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\MediaConnect\wmcsetup.exe /Q:A /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore

PS: Make sure you have this in your 'start.cmd' after 'Windows Media Player 10'. In other words 'Media Connect' needs to have 'Media Player 10' already installed.

Thanks a lot,

Will