whats your ISP like?

FthrJACK

just wondering what everyone think of thier service from their ISP? what speed do you have (both ways) and how much does it cost you a month?

mines 1024/256 and £35 a month (about $65) Unrestricted regards bandwidth and hours using it. 24 hours a day seven days a week downloading :)

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk

customer service sometimes are a bit stupid, but that was about a year ago, ive only had to ever ring them 4 times and that was for problems at their end.

calls to customer service are free on my line speed but premium rate for the slower package, funny how you would have to pay to tell them about THEIR screw ups lol.

just wondering what everyone think of their service from their ISP? what speed do you have (both ways) and how much does it cost you a month?

mines 1024/256 and £35 a month (about $65)

I hate you. I'm stuck with dial-up ($22/mo). MSN works pretty well. I've had fewer problems with them than with other ISP's.

My ISP is Comcast. $40/month for allegedly 1.5mb/128k

Used to be with @home but they went bankrupt. With @Home my speeds would be 600kb/s down and 100kb/s up.. that was 1.5mb/512k. Now I get 180kb/s down and 15kb/s up. :rolleyes: Guess it could be worse.

Their support is the worst. Took me 30 minutes of talking to morons before they put me on the line with somebody that knew what they were talking about. :)

My ISP is BT Openworld

ADSL

512k/256k (normally get around that when i do a speed test)

Support aint bad but apprently i blew one of my DSL cards at my telephone exchange (knocked other users cards out too, lmao) so had to wait over a week for a new one but got compensation for that...

Generally find them good, i got a small prob on my line apparently but when i leave it for a hour it comes back on, they fixing it apparently.

I got Cox digital cable...its a 512/256..pretty fast..me likes!

It was once Cox@home, but after the bankrupcy, Cox slit off...most people have been getting bad service because of this, yet i find that Cox without @home is a bit better....

:)

-Drew

Hi guys

Im with NTLWORLD

Just the 512/128 service which is good at 25 a month

However, customer service is shocking, totally shocking, i once held in a queue for 4 hours, then i got disconnected, however most problems are sorted quickly. Im happy for the moment,

Thanks guys

I have to agree, NTL technical support is terrible. You're right you hold on the phone for god knows how long, then they cut you off. So annoying!!

If they sorted the technical support part it would be a 1st class service all round. I have no complaints when it works though!