Winamp 5.0.5 MSI release

Alanoll

Regarding command calls. If it's not pure RUnOnceEX or Batch files (or even INF) than I'm not to sure. I'm tempted to say your own your own if you go to tother routes (beppemito), but I believe beppemito's it correct. I make no guarantee though. Try in Batch first then convert?

@a06lp

They are seperate files and go to different locations. I may in the next release add another command to copy it to install dir or something, but no guarantees. Just use a batch call to copy it over

copy %SETUPDIR%\winamp.ini %INSTALLDIR%\winamp.ini

Where %SETUPDIR% is the path to the winamp.ini file (the one to go in your Winamp directory. You can add it to your INI file for the setup, but who knows. %INSTALLDIR% is the directory winamp is installed to.

@SiMoNsAyS

I"m about to leave so no specfiices. But generally,

it's HKCR\WinampFile , and HKCR\Directory

can i use a method like this?

runonceex (Window Post Install script: WPI)

WshShell.regWrite(KeyBase + "\\75\\1", "cmd.exe /c %systemdrive%\install\\winamp5\\install.cmd", "REG_SZ");

install.cmd

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\winamp5\winamp505.msi INI="%systemdrive%\install\winamp5\winamp.ini" /qb
EXIT

winamp.ini

[SETUP]
XAUDIO=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1
XNAME=xxxx
XKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

@SiMoNsAyS

thanks Alanoll ;)

edit: ok so here it's an example, this will left only "play in winamp" and "enque in winamp" removing the winamp bookmark entry on the right click menu for files and folders

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\ListBookmark]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Winamp.Bookmark]

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

@beppemito

let me be clear, it will work however you want to call it. I'm just not sure on the syntax for your WPI file. It looked correct before, so I"m not sure. However you call it, it should work. But you're just on your own on syntax for anything other then batch commands and INFs. :P

@SiMoNsAyS

thanks Alanoll ;)

edit: ok so here it's an example, this will left only "play in winamp" and "enque in winamp" removing the winamp bookmark entry on the right click menu for files and folders

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\ListBookmark]

Thanks for the tip ;)

Which key should i remove to suppress "Enqueue in Winamp" as well ? I only want to leave "Play in Winamp".

Also, i'd like to get rid of both "Add to Winamp bookmark's ..." and "Enqueue in Winamp" for the playlist files (*.m3u).

EDIT : Okay, i found out after searching a bit in the registry. So it is :

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\Enqueue][-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\ListBookmark]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\open]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.PlayList\shell\Enqueue]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.PlayList\shell\ListBookmark]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.PlayList\shell\open]

It'll only let "Play in Winamp" for both Winamp playlists and media type files.

@MTK

umm...

Default File & playlist ICON
Could be done most likely.
"Show winamp in: Systray..."

Not sure, buta gain, might be able to be done.

maybe add, additional skins & plugins...

I won't add those to the installer. But as a note, plugins (and their installers) are just copied to the plugin folder in Winamp, as are the skins (but in the Skins folder). You want to have your skin active upon first run, just set XSKINSETTING to the string that identifies your skin. (Open up winamp with it already loaded, right-click, select skin, and see what it's name in Winamp is)

What am I doing wrong? It just comes up with an installation wizard, which isn't unattended at all.

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "WinAmp 5.05" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\winamp\winamp.msi INI="%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\winamp\winamp.ini"" /f

I have also tried this

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "WinAmp 5.05" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\winamp\winamp.msi INI=\"%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\winamp\winamp.ini\"" /f

And my WinAmp Setup INI...

winamp.ini

[SETUP]
XAGENT=0
XLIBRARY=1
XINTEX=1
XMODERNSKIN=1
XAUDIO=1
XVIDEO=1
XVISUAL=1
XEXTRA=0
XDIRCONT=1