Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

i guess it would work the same way.

i used the variables just to be sure because i usually export the full path. feel free to post feedback and thanks, i'll have it in mind when replying similar problems :)

[request] i would like to ask the community for help. i've been digging here and there for a couple of extensions.

1st) i would like to have a close button on everytab, tabbrowser preferences can do it but i was having a couple of issues the last time and i decided to remove it.

2nd) adblock extension can't be installed from the command line. any1 knows an updated version? (last is from sept 22th)

3rd) finally i found another interesting extension: "local-install". that add a button on extensions and themes windows to install .jar and .xpi from disk.

it will be extremely helpful but it doesn't work with my firefox (1 of those weird chrome.rdf problems at the bottom of the window).

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

****! thanks @Nologic!, this appears to be the same version and it doesn't work when using -install-global-extension.

2 things left... a close button on everytab and a working local_install extension.

with this last, any1 is experiencing the issue "<!DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://local_install/locale/local_install.ent">"

Well this is a list of known working extensions via the commandline...as used through my script....which should by all means work fine with Crahank's batch file.

Adblock_0.5.2+_Nigthly_39_pass3.xpi

Add_Bookmark_Here_0.5.3.xpi

Add_N_Edit_Cookies_0.2.0.4.xpi

All-In-One_Gestures_0.13.2.xpi

Allow_Right-Click_0.1.1.xpi

Alt-Text_for_Links_0.1.1.xpi

Anidisable_1.0.xpi

Autofill_0.2.xpi

Autohide_0.9.8.xpi

Bandwidth_Tester_0.4.1.xpi

BBCode_0.3.7.xpi

Bookmark_Backup_0.3.1.xpi

Bookmark_Duplicate_Detector_0.0.1_rep.xpi

Bookmark_Link_Checker_0.6.8_rep.xpi

Bookmarks_Synchronizer_1.0.1.xpi

BugMeNot_0.6.1.xpi

Canonical_URL_0.1.2.xpi

Checkboxer_0.5.xpi

ChromEdit_0.1.1.1.xpi

ColorZilla_0.8.xpi

Compact_Menu_1.7.1.2.xpi

Context_Highlight_0.1.xpi

Context_Search_0.2_pass1.xpi

CookieCuller_1.1.0.xpi

Copy_Plain_Text_0.2.1.xpi

Copy_URL_Plus_1.3.xpi

Cute_Menus_0.4_qute.xpi

Dictionary_Search_0.7.xpi

Diggler_0.9.xpi

Disable_Targets_for_Downloads_0.9.xpi

Download_Manager_Tweak_0.6.3.xpi

Download_Scan_1.0.xpi

Download_Sort_2.5.xpi

Edit_CSS_0.3.0.xpi

EMbuttons_1.0.2.xpi

Enhanced_History_Manager_0.4.1.02.xpi

Ext2Abc_0.2.1.xpi

Ez_Sidebar_3.1.2005012901.xpi

EZNav_1.0.1.xpi

Favicon_Picker_0.2.5.xpi

Findbar_Basics_1.0.xpi

FlashGot_0.5.5.xpi

ForecastFox_0.5.8.xpi

Gcache_0.2.1.xpi

Google_Pagerank_0.9.4.xpi

GooglePreview_0.8.xpi

Grippies_0.1_rep.xpi

Habari_Xenu_0.9.4.xpi

Hide_Searchbar_0.2.xpi

Hotmail_Tabs_0.9.xpi

jsLib_0.1.245.xpi

JumpLink_1.3.1.xpi

Launchy_3.8.0.xpi

Link_Toolbar_0.9.xpi

Linkification_0.9.19.xpi

ListZilla_0.5.1.xpi

Local_Install_1.2.5.xpi

Open_Long_Url_0.1.2.xpi

Paste_Happy_0.6.xpi

Popup_Allow_0.2.2.xpi

Print_It_0.2.1.xpi

Related_1.0.xpi

Sage_1.3.xpi

Show_Failed_Url.xpi

Sort_Bookmarks_0.6.xpi

Statusbar_Clock_1.6.4_pass1.xpi

Tabbrowser_Extensions_1.13.2005012901.xpi

tabextensions_contextmenu_en.xpi

tabextensions_ctrlnum_en.xpi

tabextensions_focusprevselected_en.xpi

tabextensions_smoothresize_en.xpi

tabextensions_unread_en.xpi

TargetAlert_0.7.3.xpi

Toolbar_Enhancements_0.16.2.xpi

Translate_0.6.0.6.xpi

TripleSelect_1.5.xpi

User_Agent_Switcher_0.6.1.xpi

Windows_Update_1.0.xpi

xMirror_0.1.1.xpi

heh I'm sure there are many more...this is just a list of what I've used...and hence tested against.

*Update* Added HTML listing of extensions...make it a little easier....but ever thing can be found at [link]

Temp link to a rar of the collected extensions [link]

@Nologic, no luck this time. same weird error occurs. i'm starting to think there is something wrong on my default profile; the fact is that another user reported the same on the author's forum :}

@Astalavista, that is not because crahak's method (... where is crahak? ...), that is because the extension is not compatible with the firefox built. i'm sure most of the non-working extenions are pre-firefox 1.0 final, or that is what i guess.

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS -

Well don't know what to tell you other than it worked for me....and I'm using FF 1.0 with Moox unarchived over top of it (testing) and the extension applied correctly from the commandline...I dropped it into the ff directory and started up "Take Command" (commandline replacement) issued the standard augments to the exe followed by the xpi name...went in with out a hitch. :(

Astalavista -

Maybe try some of the builds listed on the site linked to above...some user's have repackaged a few...and maybe they have builds that will work for you. Worth a look.

@Astalavista, no problem on confusions, that's the way i learn :P

... still around there and my last post of this night (here) ... so there's no firefox extensions developer around here?! i still need a close button on every tab and a local extensions installer!! :lol::P

Well SiMoNsAyS I'd suggest you first off do a plain jane install of firefox...that means no pref's, extensions, or themes installed or copied over....then try those two extensions to see if they work via the commandline.

If they then work fine...then you'll have to check and see if its old pref's causing the problems....or more than likely one of your other extensions conflicting with one or both of those. I've in the past ran into extensions that simply do not get along with others.

@Nologic, that was my point but i've made sooo much changes on my profile that i preffer to leave it that way. f****, yes but customized :lol::thumbup

btw, i just wanna tell all of you of a weak point i found on the way firefox manages passwords. it stores all your passwords encrypted on a file, signons.txt.

from the preferences tab you can set a "master password" to hide all of them. the fact is that i created that password to protect my unattended installation and then forget it.. (i know, i know :no: ).

after i bit of digging, found that you can simply drag/drog signons.txt to another profile and it will work perfectly :whistle:

Just do the plain jane install...don't delete or loose your prior settings...just don't use them for the time being...and see if every thing works at that point.

If every thing works....then add back in your settings...and test again...if a given xpi then fails try removing blocks of settings per xpi till you find whats causing it to fail....from a dup of your settings of course and not the original file. ;) Once found check and see if the setting thats the problem is really correct or even still applies....if it is correct and still applies...then maybe hunt for a different xpi that does the same thing...but doesn't cause the conflict.

If it doesn't work with a plain jane install try to find out what xpi if any are the cause of the conflict....and if one is found hunt for a replacement xpi or file a bug report...or better yet do both. ;)

I know for a fact I got to go through and alter mine....since a lot of stuff has changed since the last time I created my standard settings...it'll take time and effort....but at least I'll know I'm solid for ff 1.0 :)