prathapml

Do you have a Gmail account?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Gmail account?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is Gmail?

Thanks Lee, for testing it for us.

I would like to say though, that posting your invite links publicly might not be good for security. That's because whoever follows that link can see the email address it was *ORIGINALLY* sent to (in the secondary email field). That's a mighty good way of confirming that the email address exists, and leaves you open to spamming.

Following what prathapml said about posting invite links publicly, I clicked on some of the used up links.

Some just said "The link you followed to create a Gmail account has already been used to create an account."

Others mentioned the created email address too like this "The link you followed to create a Gmail account has already been used to create an account for <name>@gmail.com."

Yeah, I think it is not a good idea to post invites publicly.

Yeah ive noticed the same thing. BTW is someone running a crawler or something on the invites i post here. cuz since very few posts here after they have taken the account i have to manually check the links and ive noticed some pretty funny email addresses. like theve been computer generated or somthing.

@phoenix_nf

Exactly. Its sad to see you lose invites, you know.....

Its quite precious currently. Because of your invites being in sig, a lot of people who aren't even registered on this forum are ripping you off. Even ppl who already have accounts become greedy and take your invite. Give invites by PM/email, and give only to those with atleast a certain number of posts. And Read below announcement pls.

@Lee

That's true.

But I was not mentioning that. When you click on an invite, you will see the "SECONDARY EMAIL ADDRESS" field. Normally, it is your own address if you have posted the invite (because you sent it to yourself). In that way, your email address is exposed to all.

You do know that anyone with a gMail account still is in some sort of privileged group. So spammers will be very happy to get your "SENT FROM" email address. So do not post invites publicly, just PM it or email it.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I say this again. And it is for everyone's interest.

Do not reveal your email address (to receive invite) here. And do not post invite publicly here. If you want a Gmail account, post a reply in this thread saying that you are looking for an invite. Whoever has invites to spare, will contact you by PM and ask you to provide your first name, last name, and email address. Reply to the PM with those details and the person will send you an invite at the email address you provided.

Once you have received your invite, post a thanks here in this thread - or the person who sent you an invite will make a post saying who has been sent invites.

If you already have a Gmail account, do not be greedy and do not ask for more accounts (so that others who DON'T have Gmail will benefit).

All who have invites to give, or are LOOKING for invites to receive SHOULD read this announcement.