prathapml

Do you have a Gmail account?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Gmail account?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is Gmail?

Saw something interesting today when I logged into Gmail:

A new color-theme has been used, the position of the "Use invites" box has moved to top. And the ads now appear at the bottom (instead of at the side, the way they used to). Is this only me? Or everyone on Gmail noticed this?

Also, the problems that opera browser had with the gmail sign-in process has been fixed - no workarounds needed anymore. Just use Opera 7.60, and log-in. BAM!!! Everything works perfectly the way it does on IE/firefox/Safari.

Moreover, is this an indication that they are now ready to declare Gmail out of beta? If so, they might now go public, and directly offer the option to sign-up/register to everybody. That means that all the invites you might have hoarded, and the Gmail accounts you hoped to sell, are now ir-relevant. The funny business which sprang up around the Gmail affair would be ended. Gmail simply becomes a free-for-all like any other free E-mail provider.

So please be more liberal with the invites you get, and give it to anyone who isn't already on Gmail - that will make that person happy (and maybe fetch you another friend) and you get the satisfaction too, of not having let your invites go waste.

@nolookingca

You're welcome. Enjoy it. :yes:

In other news..... (continuation of my post above)

Hey, I'm noticing more differences in how the Inbox displays mails as well.... (very slight, though).

And one irritating thing:

Since only Opera 7.60 (among all its predecessors) can login to Gmail, I use that reluctantly. And v7.60 has a bug that the "close tab" button crashes the entire browser sometimes. So I'm **** forced to use "Ctrl+F4" to close tabs - very irritating indeed! :angry:

NOTE: Unless you're prathapml or an Opera user, this whole post can be skipped. If you are, then skip the meaningless sentences above "@prathapml"

----------------------------------

and BTW, for the record (or for homorous purposes :D), here's a (bad) reason to explain why I need a gmail account - I rarely check my email, but subscribes to who-knows-how-many newsletters. :)

And this one really for the record: I only used the invite today.

-----------------------------------------

@prathapml: Does any other ways to close tab work?

----advertisement-----

GO AVANT BROWSER!

---the above is an advertisement brought to you by NolookingcaAdSense--

Edited by nolookingca

You have 6 Gmail invitations. Invite a friend to join Gmail!
:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

rules are easy:

be a forum member

an active member (50/100 posts or up)

share your invitations with other forum members :whistle:

if you want them simply PM me and i'll post to who are given

@SiMoNsAyS

That's nice! Some friends of yours might want Gmail as well, so a few of those invites will go in that direction.:P Just keep one or two for giving out here, might be more than enough - there seems to be nobody needing it at all....

@nolookingca

ha ha... nice advertisement, but I won't get hooked that easily, LOL.

IE and IE-based browsers are history as far as I'm concerned. And if the ads in Gmail are really too bother-some for you, there's ways to keep them from coming up when you view your mails, or to access Gmail through other e-mail clients. Although that is not being very kind to Google then. A better option to exercise is to payback google by not blocking out their ads. That makes me think - hey, how can I block out "NolookingcaAdSense"s ads? :P LOL

The reason about newsletters..... not really needed to mention that, but now that you say so - I'm gonna wish that the next time you see your Inbox, its filled with 1000 MB of newsletters. :lol:

And about the late "cashing-in" on the invite, yeah, I know friends who didn't use their invites until it was about to expire (Gmail invites will expire in 3 weeks, as the mail says) - so you are much quicker.

As far as I know, most multi-tabbed applications have three ways to close a tab:

1. the normal "close tab" button in the GUI.

2. Ctrl+F4

3. Ctrl+W

And its not any different with opera. So all those ways to close tab. But the main "close tab" button could've done with not being that "crashy" as I call it.

OK, and now back on topic. "Who wants Gmail?". :P