(Issue is fixed) Chrome flagging the startisback website as dangerous

Posted (edited)

It is blocked by Google Safe Browsing which is also used by Firefox.
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen equips Edge.

In Edge I use both Google Safe Browsing + Microsoft Defender SmartScreen.

Google Safe Browsing feature at the browser level has priority over a DNS-level block.

An analysis at VT shows (currently) that the website is not dangerous.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

It's so annoying when google does this, another tech youtuber which I watch, his website was flagged as dangerous for no reason. It's stupid.

No, there's nothing. AI has determined app as 'potentially unwanted software' and there's no way to appeal.

Have you considered reaching out to some tech blogs? Sometimes a little media coverage is enough to get things done. SAB is a pretty popular app and if a few smaller blogs pick this up and you maybe get a larger one like Neowin to run this it may get Google's attention.

14 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Have you considered reaching out to some tech blogs? Sometimes a little media coverage is enough to get things done. SAB is a pretty popular app and if a few smaller blogs pick this up and you maybe get a larger one like Neowin to run this it may get Google's attention.

Pretty good idea, SAB is pretty popular. Maybe some tech blogs can cover this.

Posted (edited)

You know I wonder if this has something to do with using a Russian company to host the website. Both domains seem to be hosted with sprinthost.ru, but pby.ru isn't from what I can see and that isn't getting flagged. Maybe it's something to do with the hosting provider that is causing Google to flag the domains. 

Edit: I should clarify, I'm specifically referring to the nameservers. Maybe Google has decided it doesn't like them...

Edited by mackid1993

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 1:45 PM, Tihiy said:

I don't think any kind of speculation can help. Google human contacts can though.

I agree! Hopefully there is a way for you to get through to a person over there. We are all rooting for you! Hopefully someone who knows someone at Google will see your tweet.

Maybe try to get some YouTubers involved, LinusTechTips recently mentioned StartAllBack on their TechLinked show. They have direct contacts at Google.

Edit: I sent a news tip to Neowin and also tagged Zac Bowden on Twitter. Hopefully one of the Microsoft focused blogs will cover this and get Google's attention.

Edited by mackid1993