3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Client Hints discussion

To be honest, and as I have also "bent over backwards" blocking/disabling/and-now-even-faking Client Hints, I kind of have to wonder if this is just one of those things where we, myself included, shout Privacy Rights from the rooftop, but I have to wonder if we are just starting our own Conspiracy Theories and that "client hints" is really not as a gigantic "privacy rights violation" as we, myself included, pretend it to be ???

I mean, I view it this way, I shout Privacy Rights all day long, my own bank accounts do not have a real email address and I have threatened to close accounts when they claim they "require" one.  I once cited a Federal Law regarding their claim to be illegal, but I cannot remember what it is/was at the moment.  Basically, NO bank transactions can be done over email, NONE, so no email address should EVER be tied to the account.

Not to go too far "off topic", we have way too many OT Police, lol.

But in all seriousness, just how "bad" are Client Hints?  In a world where NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRY, IN VANE, to avoid "fingerprints", the reality is that if you are ON THE INTERNET, then you have been fingerprinted.

@NotHereToPlayGames

I am among those who consider Client Hints to be discreetly privacy friendly.
The Mozilla team also has this opinion:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Client_hints

...This approach is efficient in that the server only requests the information that it is able to usefully handle. It is also relatively "privacy-preserving", in that it is up to the client to decide what information it can safely share.

It is possible to note that in the BrowserLeaks test ONLY 6 values are low entropy,i.e. sent (always) without request from the server.

Obviously with r3dfox there are no such “problems”.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

@Sampei.Nihira

Just a very quick off-topic aside, do you happen to know which version of r3dfox is the most recent to work on XP (32 bit)?
The latest one certainly doesn't work, and the others say they've not been tested on XP.
:dubbio:

OK, no problem.
I just thought you might know, as you've presumably used r3dfox.
I don't know whether you've used it on XP of course!
:)

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

As far as proper spelling, is this supposed to be "of" or "if" ???

You confuse spelling with typos. On English KB, "i" and "o" are next to each other, you probably don't know that, so I simply hit the wrong letter, I'm a fast typing kind of a guy. I admit I did a typo, sorry.

But it's not like when folks don't know the difference between affect and effect, steal and steel, there and their. For you, I'll try to type slower, got that.

This coupled with the incessant spelling point-outs just make you sound like a pretentious snobby snoot.  Or is that your goal in life ???

No need to get personal. My goal is to broaden my flat to the whole floor of 6 flats, it's for now, so I work hard to get the money.

At any rate, I think we can conclude that it is NOT a Thorium or even an Ungoogled Chromium issue - but rather some "script kiddy" working on "improving" the bank's web site.

Given the month on the calendar, I would almost assume some college student is behind this.  Bright and intelligent, but not quite ready for the "real world", lol.

You still didn't answer my on-topic question. What happens when you are refused to log in? Captcha?

4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

@Sampei.Nihira

Just a very quick off-topic aside, do you happen to know which version of r3dfox is the most recent to work on XP (32 bit)?
The latest one certainly doesn't work, and the others say they've not been tested on XP.
:dubbio:

No such version exists, they probably (allegedly) only got the old v.115 working on Vista, being of 1,5 years older than the current, I didn't bother myself to check.

"About r3dfox is a modern Firefox based web browser for Windows 7."

https://github.com/Eclipse-Community/r3dfox

Edited by D.Draker
a typo. FIXED it for NotH....

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

What happens when you are refused to log in? Captcha?

Things must be very VERY different here in the USA for a "captcha" question to even be asked in regards to a non-working bank's login.

I have never, and I really do mean NEVER, in 35 years plus of online banking, had any BANKING web site request a "captcha".

In fact, I would abort the online banking activity immediately and drive to the bank's local customer service office if a BANKING web site ever popped up a "captcha".

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Things must be very VERY different here in the USA for a "captcha" question to even be asked in regards to a non-working bank's login.

I have never, and I really do mean NEVER, in 35 years plus of online banking, had any BANKING web site request a "captcha".

In fact, I would abort the online banking activity immediately and drive to the bank's local customer service office if a BANKING web site ever popped up a "captcha".

OK, evading the question again, as you wish, without the answer - we can't be of any further assistance, sorry.

You haven't been listening.  I have already reported that even other web sites are reporting this bank's login issue.  It is something on THEIR end.  Nothing YOU can do about it.

I'll wait it out a few days and try again.  I'm certain that THEY did not INTEND for their "improvement" to block THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF CHROME.

Which happens to affect MISCELLANEOUS versions, be it Thorium or Ungoogled or Official Chrome.

Again, NOTHING FOR YOU TO DO.  I thought I made that part clear.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

we can't be of any further assistance, sorry.

Technically, I never asked for YOUR assistance.  Talking to you seems to always always always lead to "strife" of some sort.  "Sorry"

You "thrive" in the environment that you yourself try very hard to create.  I could easily easily easily find a DOZEN posts on this forum where members have "requested" YOU to STOP talking/replying to them.

It never works, of course.  You somehow always seem to "step in it" with those DOZEN members (on purpose, I have NO DOUBT).  It is what it is.  Carry on wayward son!

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

On 7/18/2024 at 3:06 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

To be honest, and as I have also "bent over backwards" blocking/disabling/and-now-even-faking Client Hints, I kind of have to wonder if this is just one of those things where we, myself included, shout Privacy Rights from the rooftop, but I have to wonder if we are just starting our own Conspiracy Theories and that "client hints" is really not as a gigantic "privacy rights violation" as we, myself included, pretend it to be ???

I mean, I view it this way, I shout Privacy Rights all day long, my own bank accounts do not have a real email address and I have threatened to close accounts when they claim they "require" one.  I once cited a Federal Law regarding their claim to be illegal, but I cannot remember what it is/was at the moment.  Basically, NO bank transactions can be done over email, NONE, so no email address should EVER be tied to the account.

Not to go too far "off topic", we have way too many OT Police, lol.

But in all seriousness, just how "bad" are Client Hints?  In a world where NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRY, IN VANE, to avoid "fingerprints", the reality is that if you are ON THE INTERNET, then you have been fingerprinted.

You are so hapiness,in china, we have to give our ID/Phone Number/Adress/Face Photograph and the other thing to every acount,include bank and the other acount in the internet,we have no choice...

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Technically, I never asked for YOUR assistance.  Talking to you seems to always always always lead to "strife" of some sort.  "Sorry"

You "thrive" in the environment that you yourself try very hard to create.  I could easily easily easily find a DOZEN posts on this forum where members have "requested" YOU to STOP talking/replying to them.

It never works, of course.  You somehow always seem to "step in it" with those DOZEN members (on purpose, I have NO DOUBT).  It is what it is.  Carry on wayward son!

I have to use translate tool to read these words, and then, i found it's not told a happy thing...