the future of microsoft is in shakey hands

legacyfan

What Will The Future Be For Microsoft As A Company?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. With The Direction Windows 11 Is Taking What Is The Future For Microsoft?

• Windows Sells So Horrible They Go Bankrupt For Good And Linux And MacOS Rule
    • Microsoft Somehow Makes A Miracle And Windows Does Good Again And MacOS & Linux Lose Share

@legacyfan Personally, I've never heard of a word in my life called shakey, only shaky. Also, what's wrong with Windows 11 currently? I mean, what are your complaints now about Windows 11? It's currently at a good status, now that 2 years have passed. I'm currently at the Insider Canary Channel, so I get to know what's being baked very early. Also, in my opinion, you shouldn't be concerned about Windows as a user who loves Linux very much, and uses it.

Yes, I know about MS's cloud storage, called OneDrive (which filled my desktop with trash many times, but I was still able to get rid of OneDrive nonetheless), and MS's enforced web browser, which has been shoved to our thorats since its release date, called Edge, I was able to get rid of it as well.

Edited by mina7601

Windows sales numbers in B2B are in the toilet. Retail seems OK but mainly driven by video games. Most productivity these days is done OS agnostic, requiring only a web browser.

I asked the director of our big PC store about the sales, he said: "it's the same, basically". People still buy lots of PCs with the OS already preinstalled, esp. laptops. German Fujitsu Notebook LIFEBOOK U7613, their ultra-light LIFEBOOK U9413, LIFEBOOK U9313X (ultra-light, silver-white convertible) are very popular here, they come Windows 11 Pro already installed.

I don't buy Windows in any form anymore. It will drive them to bankruptcy.

And I'm still waiting for nVidia to drive off the cliff since I don't buy anything from them since 2013.

10 hours ago, mina7601 said:

@legacyfan Personally, I've never heard of a word in my life called shakey, only shaky. Also, what's wrong with Windows 11 currently? I mean, what are your complaints now about Windows 11? It's currently at a good status, now that 2 years have passed. I'm currently at the Insider Canary Channel, so I get to know what's being baked very early. Also, in my opinion, you shouldn't be concerned about Windows as a user who loves Linux very much, and uses it.

Yes, I know about MS's cloud storage, called OneDrive (which filled my desktop with trash many times, but I was still able to get rid of OneDrive nonetheless), and MS's enforced web browser, which has been shoved to our thorats since its release date, called Edge, I was able to get rid of it as well.

its all the little annoyances like the new start menu windows copilot being a thing now plus many others im just not a windows fanboy in general anymore

22 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Windows sales numbers in B2B are in the toilet. Retail seems OK but mainly driven by video games. Most productivity these days is done OS agnostic, requiring only a web browser.

It's all about mobile phones / tablets versus traditional desktops / laptops.  And Microsoft / Android / Chrome all have an AUTOMOTIVE presence nowadays.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

image.thumb.png.73c1f8f15229de3973127377abd55af4.png

Yeah, but it's minus 0.23% because I didn't buy anything from them this year, too.:buehehe: