• Diskeeper
    • O&O
    • Perfect Disk
    • System Mechanic
    • Contig
    • Power Defragmenter

• 2 weeks later...

@Mindwarper -

Please note on this forum that warez is a no-no to discuss ... And "Hiren's boot..." is warez.

A note concerning your problem though: You might consider trying an other partitioning tool (look around - search - at MSFN) instead of Partition Magic - I know some people here like other products like acronis' or others ...

Then come back and report you findings ...

Kind regards

Jacob ;)

Hi oOTNTOo,

I love the O&O Defrag V6 Professional Edition, its the best Defragmenter ever. :lol: Defrag Pro knows a few ways to defrag your HDs. It can organize by name/ date or access. You can controll the maximum usage of the prozessor, defrag your bootfiles and pagefile.

O&O have also a good tool for windows NT recovery, its called BlueCon.

BlueCon gives you full access to NTFS formated HDs. This tool is great. Test it!

O&O Software

Greez, Sie Tjin Kian :w00t:

6 has a high mem usage problem (when not using it!) use version 8 instead, its really good :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if its been mentioned before but i use contig from system internals which is a command line defragger but as i have no clue how to run a command line app i also use Power Defragmenter which adds a nice GUI to contig. With contig you can defrag specific file(s), folder(s) drive(s) or run Powermode which defrags a drive twice in a row to insure maximum defragmention. I would highly recommend contig with Power Defragmenter GUI to anyone its fast free and only 531 KB in size. Also just put both files in the same folder and double click Power Defragmenter to run.

Contig: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Contig.html

Power Defragmenter GUI: http://www.excessive-software.tk/

Edited by englishmen