Posting test: string boot .ini causes HTTP 403 forbidden error

jaclaz

36 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Probably they implemented some anti-hack feature, in addition to limiting youtube's videos frequently posted by some members?

I think this is what is the case here partly because myself and 2 other members could not post songs in the music thread. Oh well, no big deal to me.

Edited by XPerceniol

5 hours ago, mina7601 said:

@jaclaz I don't want to sound like I am a guy adoring to ruin fun or something, but I am failing to understand the purpose of this topic. What purpose is this topic made for exactly? I thought Site & Forum Issues forum was a place to report issues with the website and the forums themselves. :dubbio:

Let me explain, @jaclazmade this topic to see what exactly triggers the forum software posting block, you don't need to have doubts in @jaclaz's actions, trust me.

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I think this is what is the case here partly because myself and 2 other members could not post songs in the music thread. Oh well, no big deal to me.

Perhaps it has something to do with MSFN not being MTV? Just my guess.

Ha! I know :D

But, speaking of which, gosh I loved MTV in the 80's when I was a teen growing up, by the 90's not so much and now I don't even know the channel anymore or care none about MTV - LOL, Draker. Yeah, guess we should give up on the "What Are You Listening To?" thread,  then. but it was nice to have off-topic on this forum while it lasted, it was nice but mostly only @e-t-c and I in the end anyway on that thread. Oh well. I appreciate that this is a tech forum and I'm just glad to be a part of MSFN.

Please, just don't tell me Disco is out of style - I'm kidding just in case anybody was thinking I was serious about that :crazy:

Well .. time to dig out the old transistor radio. 

Ok good night and see ya tomorrow..

Blobfish out :)

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Ha! I know :D

But, speaking of which, gosh I loved MTV in the 80's when I was a teen growing up, by the 90's not so much and now I don't even know the channel anymore or care none about MTV - LOL, Draker. Yeah, guess we should give up on the "What Are You Listening To?" thread,  then. but it was nice to have off-topic on this forum while it lasted, it was nice but mostly only @e-t-c and I in the end anyway on that thread. Oh well. I appreciate that this is a tech forum and I'm just glad to be a part of MSFN.

Please, just don't tell me Disco is out of style - I'm kidding just in case anybody was thinking I was serious about that :crazy:

Well .. time to dig out the old transistor radio. 

Ok good night and see ya tomorrow..

Blobfish out :)

Yep, MTV's some nice memories indeed! Take Duran Duran or Depeche Mode, for example. I recently googled MTV, they still exist, but I'm not sure why, I mean what for?

I'm posting this HTTPS link as a posting test. @roytam1

https://www.mtv.com/

OK good night and see ya'll tomorrow..

Over and out

Seeing it successfully posted, I'm leaning more and more towards a newly implemented anti-bot, anti-hacker prevention system in the forum software that filters out bad IP and possible copyright infringements.

Many years ago, you couldn't discuss CD-ROM drives Matsushita because it became Matshu****a when posting ( and we all used Panasonic instead).

We will need to start talking of the file with name boot and extension ini.

jaclaz

Pffft, we're on BCD now, why would discussing legacy deprecated boo INI be allowed on forum about Microsoft software? Oh wait, that's what most discussions are about...I think the forum should be renamed to MLDSFN (Microsoft Legacy Deprecated Software Forum Network).

It seems embedding is broken in general, even posts from this forum. Can post plain URL link, but can't embed it.

Edited by UCyborg

9 hours ago, Saxon said:

Very questionable, someone can copy paste and try to execute.

Sure, .ini is one of the known excutable extensions by default, together with .txt and .csv.

Come on ....

jaclaz