Posting test: string boot .ini causes HTTP 403 forbidden error

jaclaz

12 hours ago, jumper said:

Actually when I reload the page and click in the reply box, my previous text is restored.

What browser and version are you using?
I have tried Chrome 109 and Fifrefox 110.10.0 ESR.
I hit refresh the page and the written text disappears.

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Chrome 109 from 2022 might be too old. Works fine for me on 119.

I will try it.
Currently I also have the problem that the system does not allow me to post links that link to the MSFN forum itself. I don't understand the reason and if it happens to anyone else.

10 hours ago, Cixert said:

Me too. Then click in the reply box and it should auto-fill with your previous draft. I use Opera Mini (latest) on Android 11.

7 hours ago, Cixert said:

Currently I also have the problem that the system does not allow me to post links that link to the MSFN forum itself. I don't understand the reason and if it happens to anyone else.

Very strange, I can post different links. I remember some users that were constantly posting random  youtube videos were restricted, but you never spammed this forum. So, it's strange, indeed.

As proof I can post:

Crocodile Monitor (Varanus salvadorii)

https://a-z-animals.com/animals/crocodile-monitor/

17 hours ago, Dixel said:

Chrome 109 from 2022 might be too old. Works fine for me on 119.

You can get the text back on Firefox 72 before whatever updated in the forum that broke compatibility, and Iron 109.

For the MSFN links, when you paste the link, and the preview comes up, click the black banner that says to show only link. It seems that sometimes the preview option for forum links doesn't work.

18 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Very strange, I can post different links. I remember some users that were constantly posting random  youtube videos were restricted, but you never spammed this forum. So, it's strange, indeed.

As proof I can post:

Crocodile Monitor (Varanus salvadorii)

https://a-z-animals.com/animals/crocodile-monitor/

They gave me a double penalty for posting a link to a browser compatible with Windows 7 that supposedly had pirated content.
They told me it was permanent, but now I don't see it on my profile.
It doesn't let me put some links to the forum but it does let me put some links outside the forum I think.

Edited by Cixert

On 4/25/2024 at 7:53 AM, jumper said:

Me too. Then click in the reply box and it should auto-fill with your previous draft. I use Opera Mini (latest) on Android 11.

Thanks, now that I use that method I haven't had any problems again, well except for one.
If I edit a post to change a URL, the new link preview deletes 2 or 3 paragraphs and I see no way to solve it, except by changing the address to which the original URL points.
Be very careful with this, we can delete part of the written text if we don't pay attention and click on edit.
I don't understand why so many changes in the forum that only cause problems and prevent old browsers from working.

On 4/24/2024 at 7:03 PM, Cixert said:

I have no problems to post links that link to the MSFN forum itself. A very fresh example is here.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1264614

On 4/25/2024 at 7:24 AM, Tripredacus said:

You can get the text back on Firefox 72 before whatever updated in the forum that broke compatibility, and Iron 109.

Interesting! Shouldn't Iron 109 correspond to the exact same Chrome 109 version @Cixert uses? Probably his adblock (or something else) interferes with the site, then?

On 4/24/2024 at 12:14 PM, Cixert said:

What browser and version are you using?
I have tried Chrome 109 and Fifrefox 110.10.0 ESR.

I really don't pay any attention to what is in browsers and not like some of you guys, so I have no idea what is in Iron vs Chrome.

What I can say is that the issue with posting or editing a post that contains links is a different issue but still related to this string issue, that thread is here:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/185994-cant-edit-my-first-post-in-thread-error-when-posting-links/

I have noticed that the link preview issue is not 100% the fault of the site or the post editor, as it doesn't happen 100% of the time and not with all browsers.

But I feel that issues with this site will always happen as IPB being a modern company is keeping up with the times in terms of browser tech, and the users of this forum are generally not.