ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It does have WebGL and I have to assume you are referring to scratch.mit.edu and it is working for me.

The irony here - the very first web site reported as "not working" is a WebGL web site!

image.thumb.png.5db46a4c481091c91024f838fa01f394.png

Please send me the version of Chrome, that works for the Scratch edu side

Dietmar

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I use WebGL on radar and other map sites such as https://www.mapquest.com/directions all the time.  Not "daily", mind you.  But often enough that I keep WebGL enabled these days.

It's like Flash.  Those that need it will jump through hoops to keep it.  Those that don't (myself among them), find Flash to be one of the most annoying plugins ever created.

Security Vulnerabilities are generally nothing more than hype and propaganda!  Doesn't mean to not be net savvy and click links from unknown senders, as the saying goes.

But 99% of us have never been hit with any virus or trojan or webgl or spectre or meltdown and that's despite nowhere near 99% of us running any sort of real-time protection.

To answer your (apparently now removed) question, of course potential security vulnerabilities can be discussed here, as long as they directly relate to the browser version being discussed.
:yes:

2 hours ago, Dietmar said:

no WebGL,

so scratch Edu is not working

In 360Chrome, it should work through SwiftShader, so no GPU used at all, which is very slow, but could be tolerable for more static content. If you visit chrome://gpu page, it might contain the hint why it doesn't work. But it won't be obvious, messages about nothing being hardware accelerated are just the way things are on XP.

2 hours ago, Dietmar said:

PS: Crazy, because browser is ultrafast, works with ChatGPT and Bard Ai, 528 points in HTLM5 test page.

Yup, that's normal, general web stuff still runs OK on CPU and Chromium is quite performant unless the hardware is very dated. Though GPU assistance would still be obvious on systems with weaker CPU/better GPU. There's graphical content out there that doesn't use WebGL, just plain HTML5 + JavaScript, where the difference between using CPU alone versus putting GPU into the mix is more obvious (https://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/). But it seems to me that normal websites simply benefit from Chromium being able to handle huge loads of JavaScript, which by itself relies only on CPU, particularly those websites that don't show anything with JavaScript disabled.

3 hours ago, Dietmar said:

EDIT: Via about:config I set all with in name WebGL to "true", but still no WebGL, so this nice browser cant be used.

Literally toggling everything WebGL might not be the best idea, but in case of Firefox forks, diagnostic info is on about:support page. In that case, would be best to continue this conversation in roytam1's thread.

And don't forget doing things on the GPU in XP era in web browsers was a novelty. More advanced multimedia on the web was more or less delegated to Flash Player, which only got 3D rendering capabilities on the GPU with version 11.0, which was released in 2011, just 3 years before XP's EOL date and already 2 years into extended support period.

Normal 3D games on the other hand, AFAIK, software rendering option started disappearing around late nineties.

3 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@NotHereToPlayGames

I just want to know, which settings I have to change in this new Chrome version,

so that the edu Scratch page works for me under XP SP3. In the browser version before (zip1) it works

Dietmar

If you are running 360Chrome using 360Loader.exe, delete --disable-webgl from 360Loader.ini, which is found at "[FileToRun]" section, at the "Parameters=" section.

Edited by mina7601

17 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

delete --disable-webgl from 360Loader.ini

Oops.  I meant to upload with it ENABLED (you already saw the types of posts that hit the forum when it was just "assumed" to be enabled).

But as in past builds, I will upload with it ENABLED because 7 times out of 10, when a web site is reported to "not work", it is because the user WANTS webgl ENABLED.

I'll re-upload shortly.