How to Install Office 2007 on Windows XP SP1

ALLMAC4

Office 2007 officially only supports Windows XP SP2 or higher, but there is a way to run it on Windows XP SP1.

1.Install Service Pack 2

2.Install Office 2007

3.Uninstall Service Pack 2

Then you can run Office 2007 on Windows XP SP1

XPSP1O2007.png

Maybe there's a way to spoof the Windows version so you can also install it. But I have a question. Why not use SP2 ? Back when it was first released I noticed that my computer was faster with SP2 than without it.

3 minutes ago, tekkaman said:

Maybe there's a way to spoof the Windows version so you can also install it. But I have a question. Why not use SP2 ? Back when it was first released I noticed that my computer was faster with SP2 than without it.

Could be done using Application Verifier very easy in same way how we can install Office 2010 on XP x64

Edited by George King

5 hours ago, tekkaman said:

The windows startup logo says "Professional edition" or "Home edition", when sp2 was released they removed it.

16 hours ago, tekkaman said:

Why not use SP2 ? Back when it was first released I noticed that my computer was faster with SP2 than without it.

Only as an example, SP2 removed PAE :

In the case you had a "good" motherboard with "good" drivers and lots (at the time) of RAM XP SP2 was a "downgrade".

But OP's procedure - unlike what the title suggests - does not actually install Office 2007 in SP1, it installs it on SP2 and then reverts back to SP1.

It is unknown if anything "sticks" after uninstalling the service Pack 2.

jaclaz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, ALLMAC4 said:

1.Install Service Pack 2

2.Install Office 2007

3.Uninstall Service Pack 2

You don't have to install SP2.

When the value of CSDVersion is default 256 DEC then install error:

no-SP2.png

but after changing value of the CSDVersion to 512 DEC and restart instalation goes:

CSDVersion-SP2.png

install.png

work.png

Edited by reboot12