ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

you're a minority not worth their time

They have the numbers, they know for a fact that you're not worth their time.  2 XP visitors to every 120,000 Win10 visitors (I made up those numbers, but you get the gist).

And as somebody mentioned in this thread or another, don't recall, WE have OURSELVES to blame - we fake a "modern" user agent on a "modern" OS and so we ourselves are even telling them that nobody on XP is using their web site.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I personally prefer crx4chrome because I'm a "tweaker" - NONE of my extensions are ran "as-is", I modify them to my liking and don't "trust" extensions ran in their "default state".  :whistle:

what about the CRX or GITHUB extenions that have been removed from the chrome web store ? :whistle:

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

we fake a "modern" user agent on a "modern" OS and so we ourselves are even telling them that nobody on XP is using their web site.

I personally don't use any user agent-switcher othwerwise webmasters ain't notice any real XP user and will drop XP support even faster.

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

They have the numbers, they know for a fact that you're not worth their time.  2 XP visitors to every 120,000 Win10 visitors (I made up those numbers, but you get the gist).

In case of that particular software, the target users are mostly other companies. There's no OS checks anywhere, the policy is as simple as "We support whatever Microsoft supports".

And most of the other companies do have their IT infrastructure up-to-date, so the inability to run the software isn't an issue in practice. Clients are all Win10/Win11 + Chrome/Edge (or Firefox at few places), the dominating server OS appears to be Server 2019, the oldest that still hangs around at few places is Server 2012. Since the release of Server 2022, there are occasional queries "We intend to upgrade our Server 20xx to Server 2022, will your software work on it?".

There are probably still few clients out there that have kept older hardware around and get by with the older version with less features/more bugs.

There is a minor auto-update .cab being fetched but I will likely wait unti the Chrome Web Store basically blocks us before unploading a "rebuild 2" of v13.5.2036.

Whether the timeline is close enough or not is a matter of personal perspective, Manifest V3 is out there even if it has become a moving target.

At that point in time, there will also no longer be any need for the "regular" version and we will drop to only an "ungoogled" version.

For those that wish to block the auto-update .cab connection, open chrome.dll in HxD and search for cseupdate (there is only 1 occurrence).

Replace the http directly in front of it with hxxp to block the .cab connection.

nice catch and an easy fix, thanks.
made an error the first time editing http to hxxp.
a search / replace / text-string / all -  for http://cseupdate with hxxp://cseupdate did the trick.
chrome store remains useful for now if only to see what version of an extension is not compatible anymore.
then download an older version from crx4chrome.

Edited by rereser

page loads in a certain browser window width. ( start at the smallest and widen )
go wider , the page crashes and goes in ie kernel mode.
however , the site seems only partially functional.

MWSnap333.jpg

Edited by rereser

I can confirm only partially functional.

I'm unable to get it to crash or go into IE Kernel Mode (but I'm also on Win10 until later this evening).

I have seen a web site in the past "force" IE Kernel Mode and I wish I would have bookmarked as I would prefer to disable any "automatic" kernel switching!

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Oh, but by your screencap, you are SIGNED IN.  I don't have a YouTube account.  Can you visit music.youtube without being signed in?

I confirm @Dave-H's findings, it didn't change for me also, it stayed in WebKit mode, I tried even when not signed in, it didn't change either.

Here's a screencap:
s0-Sm-EEx-SQR.png

Edited by mina7601
screencap added