ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

first run :
hiya.browser.360.cn - 180.163.252.201  180.163.249.3
cloud.browser.360.cn - 180.163.252.144  180.163.251.24
second run :
hiya.browser.360.cn - 180.163.252.201  180.163.249.3
a general msfn forum search has results for "hiya" and "cloud.browser".
so you have dealt with those before ...

in chrome.dll replaced hiya.browser.360.cn with 19 dots.
no more hiya connection ...
no such results yet for the 4 cloud.browser.360.cn entrys ( 20 dots )

observation :
your win10 v2 skin seems to work fine.
chrome store and translate work.

I no longer use the "dot-replace" because local proxies still log the attempted connection.  ie, your computer's DNS resolver was still asked to resolve an address.

DNSQuerySniffer doesn't show it because only resolved address are displayed.

So I will be replacing hiya.browser.360.cn hex equivalent with the equivalent number of bits replaced with 00 instead of 2E (2E = dot).

The cloud.browser will very likely be something like ht tps://cloud and it is best replaced with hx xps://cloud.

I prefer a method where the computer's DNS resolver didn't waste time to resolve a non-existing address (ie, an address replaced with dots still gets routed to your DNS resolver).

present in chrome.dll :
hxxp://cloud.browser.360.cn  3x
hxxps://cloud.browser.360.cn  1x
so you have already modified those.
still get the connection on first run , not so in 13.5.2022.

8 minutes ago, rereser said:

so you have already modified those.

Nope, I have not.  Remember that my "source" is a Russian Repack.  My telemetry removals are basically what the Russians missed.  (There is no evidence that Chinese telemetry was "replaced" with Russian telemetry, though I keep an eye out for that as well.)

In the past, Humming Owl and I just cast a wide net and replaced any-and-all "360.cn" with dots - I no longer recommend this approach and would prefer to isolate the "exact" root-cause instead of that "wide net".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Also note that it becomes a matter of perspective.  The Russian Repack prefers to maintain the functionality of visiting the 360Chrome skin web site and change skins via that web site.

I view that skin connection as "telemetry" whereas the Russian Repack Author views it at a matter of skin-changing functionality.

The hiya and cloud could very well also be a "functionality" that we remove/disable and no longer need that "connection".

At any rate, rest assured, I do not want these "connections" nor the "function" that they serve and I'll "Metallica" them ("seek and destroy").

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Your new: 360ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_regular_MSFN_beta-2: I have renamed it to 360Chrome 13.5.2036r1rb2 (folder 162 MB):

On MSFN topic, have new entries in uBlock: [ff00::] and dem.tools, both allowed automatically, but I don't know them...

Padlock has some Chinese entries, avatar is too in Chinese, to delete?

After the start, nag window: "Disable developer mode extensions"... I don't like this one, sorry...

Edited by msfntor

Why even turn on the avatar?  It would not have been enabled out-of-the-box.

I don't use uBlock so no clue on that one.

Did you enable developer mode extensions?  It would not have been enabled out-of-the-box.

Already aware of Chinese on padlock, I've replied to whomever posted it first (I hope the same person didn't post that issue twice, lol).

"FF00:: is an compressed IPv6 address."

The IPv6 Expand tool: findipv6.com

This entry "[ff00::]" in uBlock, as a domain, on every website... in every one of your builds I have it (360Chrome 13.5.2022 r3reg, 360Chrome 13.5.1030 r6, 360Chrome 13.5.1030 r7reg, 360Chrome 13.5.1030 r8r webgld_trd_w10, 360Chrome 13.5.2036r1rb2) and in MiniBrowser... So in each of those builds, I denied that in uBlock.

Perhaps these uBlock extensions have been corrupted in these builds?

DCBrowser, and all Modified builds of @Humming Owl I have (of 360Chrome 11, 12, and 13) are exempt from this problematic entry.

Do you have this problem?

And maybe other members too, if I may ask?

dem.tools - what is this entry, please? Sometimes I see this in uBlock. That's why I denied it...

Edited by msfntor
added more explications