ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

"FF00:: is an compressed IPv6 address."

The IPv6 Expand tool: findipv6.com

This entry "[ff00::]" in uBlock, as a domain, on every website... in every one of your builds I have it (360Chrome 13.5.2022 r3reg, 360Chrome 13.5.1030 r6, 360Chrome 13.5.1030 r7reg, 360Chrome 13.5.1030 r8r webgld_trd_w10, 360Chrome 13.5.2036r1rb2) and in MiniBrowser... So in each of those builds, I denied that in uBlock.

Perhaps these uBlock extensions have been corrupted in these builds?

DCBrowser, and all Modified builds of @Humming Owl I have (of 360Chrome 11, 12, and 13) are exempt from this problematic entry.

Found the culprit!

It's JShelter extension.

From the FAQ:

"Why does JShelter/NSCL initiate web request to ff00::?

First, see the previous question.

NSCL needs a synchronous way to transfer data between different scripts of the extension. Web Extension APIs only allow asynchronous communication. But do not worry. The request is cancelled in the code.

Additionally [ff00::]

is a reserved multicast IPV6 address,

hence, it is not a valid HTTP endpoint (if you try to navigate http://[ff00::] the browser will always tell you that the resource is unreachable),

the SyncMessage back-end cancels the webRequest.

Some tools can see such a request, but it will never leave your browser."

FAQ here: https://jshelter.org/faq/

After I've temporarily disabled JShelter (in 360Chrome builds and MiniBrowser), no more this [ff00::] in uBlock O.

But in DCBrowser I don't have this problem with or without JShelter...

Sorry for this big trouble...

Edited by msfntor

"The cloud connection is this line, "x" out the two t's in http -"
good find , no more unwanted connections.
in IE mode on google.com the "Share URL QR Code" is still there as well as the popup.
when right clicking on the google logo the page just goes blank.
in 13.5.2022 the "Share URL QR Code" and "Share image location" are not in the context menu.
unfortunately the hex codes for 13.5.2022 provided by mixit do not work in 13.5.2036.
may be a non issue , why even use IE mode in a chromium browser ?

Edited by rereser

29 minutes ago, rereser said:

in IE mode on google.com the "Share URL QR Code" is still there as well as the popup.
when right clicking on the google logo the page just goes blank.
in 13.5.2022 the "Share URL QR Code" and "Share image location" are not in the context menu.
unfortunately the hex codes for 13.5.2022 provided by UCyborg do not work in 13.5.2036.
may be a non issue , why even use IE mode in a chromium browser ?

The Share "features" both accesses Chinese web sites that have been blocked - thus the page going blank is intentional.

I don't recall who found the original hex codes to remove the context menu entries, unsure if him/they still follow this thread or not.

I never use IE mode so I never tested the old hex patches, let alone carrying them over to a new build, I just pattern-matched and moved on.

And I don't recall if I reversed those pattern matches when returning Translate "feature" (another feature I  myself never use, I don't use translate extensions either, if the web site isn't English, I don't visit it or simply "guess" content based on "patterns").

th?id=OIP.TmZM1FnLdIt3Du4TOA2bJAHaEv%26pWikimedia file: Chevron_!_

These two chevrons are on the right side of two of my extensions, hiding another part of my many extensions! To be able to see them (on the top tight of the browser), you have to download some extensions as well...(so more than 2)... It's NOT good this "feature". good good, very good

Too, "Disable developer mode extensions" nag window after restart of the browser... very boring, annoying...

Then could you think of skin, argent silver skin preferably, please?

Edited by msfntor
silver skin

I do not have any of these issues and nor has anyone else indicated that they have, so I have to assume it is you and only you.

You are installing your extensions incorrectly if you are getting this "nag window".

This "chevron" is not some new "feature", IT SEEMS TO BE WITH YOUR EXTENSIONS AND YOURS ONLY.

These are not "bugs" and I am compelled to ignore any "persistence" indicating otherwise - until proven otherwise.

21 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This "chevron" is not some new "feature", IT SEEMS TO BE WITH YOUR EXTENSIONS AND YOURS ONLY.

Hmm, if I have 3 extensions, they are here in the top right, but when I download the 4th extension, I have these chevrons that leave 2 of my extensions visible, and 2 others hidden under the little window I have after clicking on the chevrons. Not lol. - lol lol very good I think now

Edited by msfntor

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You are installing your extensions incorrectly if you are getting this "nag window".

I've downloaded uBlock O. v1.26.2 only ("Unpacked extension", says small orange round stamp stuck on uBlock icon in Extensions folder), from My Documents folder, no problem with my WinRAR Unplugged... 

"Disable developer mode extensions" window (that I've in ALL of 360Chrome builds, but NOT in DCBrowser and MiniBrowser) after each start of the browser, says too:

"Extensions running in developer mode can harm your computer. If you're not developer, you should disable these extensions running in developer mode to stay safe.":realmad::whistle::w00t:

...and "Disable" button too, but I disable this nag window by clicking on stop check.

... poor nag window, but "meditating" about it is for nothing... so could you remove it, please?...

Edited by msfntor
remove it

It cannot be "removed".  What you can do is NOT install "unpacked" extensions but REPACK them yourself and then install them.

You have to perform the REPACK while in Developer Mode, do not install them until you REPACK them first.

This dialog IS a result of how you are installing them, that's why it is "only you".

32 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It cannot be "removed".  What you can do is NOT install "unpacked" extensions but REPACK them yourself and then install them.

You have to perform the REPACK while in Developer Mode, do not install them until you REPACK them first.

This dialog IS a result of how you are installing them, that's why it is "only you".

Thank you, I want to do this tonight...:cool:

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hmm, if I have 3 extensions, they are here in the top right, but when I download the 4th extension, I have these chevrons that leave 2 of my extensions visible, and 2 others hidden under the little window I have after clicking on the chevrons. Not lol.

- these visible extensions are with icon active (with the numbers changing), and these invisible are with icon never active, so it's good!:)

If I download another extension with active icon (example: Page Load Time), so have 3 icons visible at the left (Page Load Time, uBlock and JShelter).

No more problems with the chevrons, they're cool, this is a great new feature!:cool:

I removed JShelter because it made loading the pages much slower.

ArcticFoxie, how do we do this repack, please?