ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

46 minutes ago, msfntor said:

No more problems with the chevrons, they're cool, this is a great new feature!:cool:

Still NO CLUE of what you are talking about.  There is no new feature.

Can you share a screencap so the rest of us know what in Hades you are talking about?

Chevrons = the button with the two "greater than" symbols at the right end of the extension toolbar, which opens the extension overflow menu that appears if there are more extension buttons than will fit on the toolbar.

chevrons.png

7 hours ago, tvholic said:

Chevrons = the button with the two "greater than" symbols at the right end of the extension toolbar, which opens the extension overflow menu that appears if there are more extension buttons than will fit on the toolbar.

chevrons.png

Very good explanation of chevrons, thank you @tvholic! I see you woke up after a few years to take activity in our marvelous topics... besides I'm delighted with your very clear English, welcome for you!

PS. I never watch TV, I prefer to be active in nature...

3 hours ago, rereser said:

for me those chevrons only appear when the chrome window size is set to 800 x 600.
that applies for 13.5.2022 and 13.5.2036.

I never reduce the window dimensions that much, but with or without reduction, the chevrons are there for our enjoyment! And only in the latest build beta 3: 360Chrome 13.5.2036r1rb3 (maybe we talked about different chevrons with different job in the same place?..) Voila!

So this latest Beta3 is GREAT!:cheerleader:

You once mentioned that you do not run your browser window "maximized" because you feel it is a privacy vulnerability, so what window size do you run?

Because it is that smaller window size that prompts the chevrons, in all versions of 360Chrome (I tested in several versions all the way back to v11 now that I know what you are talking about - a screencap at the very beginning would have been extremely helpful).

Running a MAXIMIZED window is actually LESS of a privacy vulnerability - because then your fingerprint on screen size is a needle in a haystack, you blend in with everybody with the same monitor resolution.

Running in a smaller window makes you stand out like a sore thumb because you become the only person on the planet running that window size.

12 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Running a MAXIMIZED window is actually LESS of a privacy vulnerability - because then your fingerprint on screen size is a needle in a haystack, you blend in with everybody with the same monitor resolution.

Running in a smaller window makes you stand out like a sore thumb because you become the only person on the planet running that window size.

OK thank you, so I would not minimize the window from now.

But this change nothing for amiunique result, sadly: 

"Are you unique ?

Yes! You are unique"

Edited by msfntor
Yes! You are unique

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

But this change nothing for amiunique result

Nor would I expect it to.

Screen resolution is but ONE variable out of HUNDREDS.

And it depends on which of those variables is being used to "fingerprint" you.

If you send a User Agent that tells the world you run XP x86 SP2 when 99% of folks on XP x86 run SP3 and not SP2, then of course you are "unique".

If you think about it, being "unique" is *NOT* the result you want if you are trying to "not be fingerprinted".

Being UNIQUE is BAD - you have been fingerprinted and they know EXACTLY who you are, you are "unique".

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

And once they know me, they won't forget me? So I don't see any point in improving my invisibility...

Bingo!  If you have ever completed a "captcha" on that computer, then it has been fingerprinted and "databased" and you are wasting your time and resources to try to "un-fingerprint".

edit: "captcha" = Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

21 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

image.png.4717a5bf91fa0916270b66aa9ae098a6.png

But my WinRAR Unplugged v3.9.1.1 does not work with .crx...

"Failed to load extension

File~\Mes documents\uBlock0.chromium1.26.2.crx

ErrorManifest file is missing or unreadable

Could not load manifest."

- I think I want to stay the way I am until then...

Thank you for your input!

34 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Bingo!  If you have ever completed a "captcha" on that computer, then it has been fingerprinted and "databased" and you are wasting your time and resources to try to "un-fingerprint".

edit: "captcha" = Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart

In my "Fingerprint Spoofing" extension, I notched for now: canvas, audio, font, more, random, logs...so it is for nothing, you say? Maybe these defend from hackers slightly?

Edited by msfntor