Web Fingerprinting Sees Through VPNs and Incognito Mode

msfntor

did you do the tests I posted in my posts? did you read my last post?....

... instead of posting obviously invisible images?

Edited by msfntor
strikethrough added yeah

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

... instead of posting obviously invisible images?

Please don't accuse a respected member like @Sampei.Nihira of posting images in your topic, it's not polite. How would he know that the images are invisible for you in your web browser, without you telling him first?

Edited by mina7601

... These two displayed images are invisible to read because they are blurred. Pictures, not a person, of course, we were talking about pictures. Why are you sending me blurred, completely unreadable pictures (original size: 180x180)?

@mina7601Please don't accuse a respected member like @msfntor, it's not polite. How would he know that the images are just a link to a heavy scripted java website, in his ancient 360 Explorer web browser, which is almost 30 versions below the current ??? Without you telling him first?

Dede, it is necessary that you know that the "upvote" I gave above to your post, is only for the first part of your post, and not for the bad rant about 360 Explorer, which is very good as a browser.

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Dede, it is necessary that you know that the "upvote" I gave above to your post, is only for the first part of your post, and not for the bad rant about 360 Explorer, which is very good as a browser.

So why do you have a very low resolution, in that allegedly good browser ? Why these images are blurred then ?

For me they aren't blurred , and I can see the links he gave.

"Children, behave!  That's what they say when we're together."  (80s reference)

The images are blurred in 360Chrome AND in cutting-edge Edge until you click on the image to enlarge it.

Then the image is perfectly fine - but again, you have to click on it first in order to enlarge it.  Not uncommon for image hosting web sites.

Perhaps msfntor is blocking "too much" with his beloved uBlock and therefore he inadvertently disabled the click-to-enlarge?

@D.Draker...and I am indebted to you for standing up for me, thank you!

These images, I've seen these in DCBrowser, blurred,... but now I see why: cause I block inline scripts in uBlock!

So sorry, images are OK... but my uBlock settings are much more paranoid, haha...I prefer these.

Edited by msfntor
name

On 4/21/2023 at 7:17 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"Children, behave!  That's what they say when we're together."  (80s reference)

The images are blurred in 360Chrome AND in cutting-edge Edge until you click on the image to enlarge it.

Then the image is perfectly fine - but again, you have to click on it first in order to enlarge it.  Not uncommon for image hosting web sites.

Perhaps msfntor is blocking "too much" with his beloved uBlock and therefore he inadvertently disabled the click-to-enlarge?

Finally, someone who understood me very well, thank you, your post calmed me down.

Jeez, seriously, I don't get what's wrong with people these days. (by the way, don't worry, you aren't addressed, you are a very polite person)

Hopefully, any moderator viewing this topic will clean up this mess, and if that's any better, delete also my post as well.

Edited by mina7601

• 2 months later...

I will give a simple hint, Very simple, but not everyone knows. When you're on a slow, old PC, especially if you have a mechanical HDD, wait for all extensions to kick in, after you opened the browser!