Web Fingerprinting Sees Through VPNs and Incognito Mode

msfntor

A very good Browserleaks test should be so even in the presence of the detectable extensions installed:

1.jpg

The ECH test should look like this:

2.jpg

Cover You Track:

3.jpg

P.S.

This my d3ward test without adblocker:

4.jpg

Let's assume that you have to disable even momentarily the adblocker in a problematic website.....what do you do you give up blocking trackers,CNAME trackers.......

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

18 hours ago, msfntor said:

Haha DéDé, I see you are in a good mood today, you always had to get out of bed with a good foot! To answer your pertinent (still!) question: NO! Because my preferred browsers already delete those cookies on exit...:whistle:-here you see these cookies that lift the browser while running...

I'm sorry to disappoint you, your readings of my mood are wrong, it's on the contrary, I was not satisified with one of the chinese browsers not deleting cookies. Spent a couple of hours and found no solution.

18 hours ago, msfntor said:

do you know other efficient and light extensions about "privacy" and "security" worthy to be used by me, please?

Tracking Token Stripper 2.6.2.6.0.0

Font Fingerprint 0.1.0.1

16 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I was not satisified with one of the chinese browsers not deleting cookies. Spent a couple of hours and found no solution.

Ah, sorry for your work on your browser... not deleting cookies after closing? Surely a browser like MiniBrowser, which does not delete browser data after closing... so nothing to do with this problem?

16 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Tracking Token Stripper 2.6.2.6.0.0

Font Fingerprint 0.1.0.1

Use here Neat URL v5.0.0 stripping all these tracking tokens...

And remote fonts are blocked by uBlock...

So do you have any other tips for extensions?

On 3/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

Cover You Track:

"Your browser has a randomized fingerprint" - what extension (Trace?) or setting you use in Chrome, please... (this is firefox maybe)...

Your other screenshots are like mine...

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Use here Neat URL v5.0.0 stripping all these tracking tokens...

And remote fonts are blocked by uBlock...

So do you have any other tips for extensions?

I'm sorry , but you're mixing up two different matters.

Font Fingerprint Defender has nothing to do with remote fonts, it protects against websites that scan your system fonts. It makes a random font fingerprint, which is very good !

For remote fonts I just use the flag --disable-remote-fonts (so no extension neded at all).

The flag is old, but it still works, try it.

16 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Font Fingerprint Defender

Ha, do you realize that I already have 16 extensions at the moment, and I can't add any more? But I want to give it a try, thanks!

And what do you think about the JShelter and Fingerprint Spoofing extensions, please? Which of these three should I choose?

42 minutes ago, msfntor said:

"Your browser has a randomized fingerprint" - what extension (Trace?) or setting you use in Chrome, please... (this is firefox maybe)...

Your other screenshots are like mine...

The browser is Edge.
The only extension against fingerprinting is JShelter settings to default.
You probably have some browser command-line or extension that prevents JShelter from doing a good job.

31 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The browser is Edge.
The only extension against fingerprinting is JShelter settings to default.
You probably have some browser command-line or extension that prevents JShelter from doing a good job.

On https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ - this same result with JShelter on Recommended or Strict settings:

... appears to be unique...17.65 bits of identifying information.

I use on this same time Referer Control, Reject Service Worker, and Fingerprint Spoofing (- with disabled cases of WEbRTC, WebGL and clientrects) ext.

Edited by msfntor

27 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Try disabling all same-functionality extensions.

Of course.. What do you indicate that I have the same functionality extensions? Of course I don't have duplicate functionality. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, msfntor said:

Ha, do you realize that I already have 16 extensions at the moment, and I can't add any more? But I want to give it a try, thanks!

And what do you think about the JShelter and Fingerprint Spoofing extensions, please? Which of these three should I choose?

Well, you asked me to suggest more for you to try, So I suggested the ones that are important. Fonts in your system are unique. You can disable remote fonts, but can't the system ones.

Random fingerprint is the only solution.

11 hours ago, msfntor said:

Sorry, never tried them before...

12 hours ago, msfntor said:

Ah, sorry for your work on your browser... not deleting cookies after closing? Surely a browser like MiniBrowser, which does not delete browser data after closing... so nothing to do with this problem?

I Don't Care About Cookies that's what I used regarding this subject, I don't know if you also have it. It doesn't delete them on exit, but blocks the google one, for example.