Chromium 111 and 112 for Vista/7 and 8.0/8.1 backport.

msquidpl

Yes, thanks

Youtube works perfect. Better than chrome 104, cause I always have stuttering on HD and 1080 videos on Windows 8/8.1, (tried different hardware and this doesn't happen on w10) so now I can play youtube without stutterings (I don't know if it's the chrome version or the dll...), amazing!

But on all other sites where I tried online Embedded video players, the video playback don't  work, I don't know why. This is an example of an error I get on one site:

JW Player Error 202630. For more information see https://developer.jwplayer.com/jw-player/docs/developer-guide/api/errors-reference#202630

Edited by sonyu

On 2/22/2023 at 5:12 PM, sth said:

111.0.5535 works just great on Win 7x64! The only thing I noticed it can't draw the top border in windowed mode.

:thumbup

111.0.5535.png

Well, Chromium is using Windows 10 titlebar, and it doesn't render properly. You can disable Windows 10 titlebar by adding --disable-windows10-custom-titlebar to the "Target:" textbox of Chromium's desktop shortcut.

• msquidpl changed the title to Chromium 111 and 112 for Vista/7 and 8.0/8.1 backport.

I will not continue with this project, I have outgrown it. Thank you for all your kind comments, advice, etc.
My modified versions are removed - they are unsafe due to sandbox bypass, embeded videos do not work.

5 hours ago, msquidpl said:

I will not continue with this project, I have outgrown it. Thank you for all your kind comments, advice, etc.
My modified versions are removed - they are unsafe due to sandbox bypass, embeded videos do not work.

Considering the fact this whole "project" was solely based on my hacks from the newest Opera, that you asked me to share with you in my Opera topic (publicly) and @Dave-H knows about, no wonder you quit 'cause it's simply not yours to begin with.  Now this whole "project" of "yours" falls under the spam category and is 100%  Vapourware. Maybe @Tripredacus needs to see this.

I kinda knew something like this was gonna happen, and that's why I didn't want to share at first , then Dave wrote the PMs are private, I was in a good mood and shared the info with him. I will not do this in the future, let this be a lesson ! All of the personal messages, where I told him how to run these versions on old OS and what to mod precisely, are still in my outbox. Sharing them is prohibited, but the mods are very welcome to read. @Tommy

4.e Vapourware is deemed a form of spam, here, and can lead to a ban.

Edited by D.Draker
added details for the investigation

3 hours ago, msquidpl said:

My modified versions are removed

:( Why did you do this? I was completely impressed with your project, that I was happy that I thought I won't be blocked with Chrome 109 forever on Windows 7 (and 8.1 too), but it seems it was all wrong, now time to forget about Google Chrome and Chromium builds, remove them, and switch to Firefox... I feel disappointed...

In either cases,

3 hours ago, msquidpl said:

Thank you for all your kind comments, advice, etc.

You're welcome.

Edited by mina7601

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

:( Why did you do this? I was completely impressed with your project, that I was happy that I thought I won't be blocked with Chrome 109 forever on Windows 7 (and 8.1 too), but it seems it was all wrong, now time to forget about Google Chrome and Chromium builds, remove them, and switch to Firefox... I feel disappointed...

In either cases,

You're welcome.

Very simple, because he wouldn't be able to continue it without my knowledge * (and also, I suppose, but I don't know for sure, maybe win32 also gave him his advice).

It's like with the 360EE, the chinese quit to make their newer versions,  result - the "project" is dead with the browser which is 3 y.o.

Would be the same here, and he quickly understood it and dragged himself off the hook.

* he wouldn't have been able to even start it without me.

Edited by D.Draker

@msquidpl at least you tried, but crybaby ruined the fun.

unsafe due to sandbox bypass

It's not that scary for me (I needed it for testing purposes only and prefer Centbrowser as the main browser), but you can use external one like sandboxie.

nothing changes for you or anyone else 'cause I'm still here.

Please don't ask me about running it on WIn 7, I don't know (or won't tell) anything.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184249-chrome-110-based-opera-i-ported-it-to-vista/

FK1wKxWWUAIk6nM.png

Edited by sth