Chromium 111 and 112 for Vista/7 and 8.0/8.1 backport.

msquidpl

I will not continue with this project, I have outgrown it. Thank you for all your kind comments, advice, etc.
My modified versions are removed - they are unsafe due to sandbox bypass, embeded videos do not work.

Edited by msquidpl

Only x64 builds at the moment, I take it?

Good to know this is out there :)  Hopefully I can use it eventually on Vista Home Basic

UPDATE:  This requires Vista Extended Kernel, so it's of no use to and x86 Vista installation

Edited by Jody Thornton
Updated Information to Add

Great work!
Was this implemented through a change to Chromium source code?
If so, it would be extremely worthwhile for you to join efforts to port v110+ to Win7/8.1 with the esteemed Alexander Frick.
He is developing a highly optimized fork of Chromium (details here) and he also intends to port 110+ updates to Win7+.

I hope you can combine your efforts 💖

Edited by Tripredacus
removed a link relating to warez/cracks

22 hours ago, msquidpl said:

I will mod x86 versions :)

Early build of 112 version on Win 8:

4416499300_1676816141.png

But at this moment my priority is run 111.5563 on Windows 7.

The biggest problem in the newest builds is NtQueryInformationProcess function probably.

Great job! Wow - thank you soo much.

I never thought that someone would find a solution to this soo fast, considering that it was years after Google ended Chrome on Vista, that we got newer versions for it

• msquidpl changed the title to Chromium 111 for Vista/7 and 8.0/8.1 backport.

@msquidpl Hmm, I noticed you removed the information in your main post about "copying several libraries from Windows 8.1 x64 to run build 5535 on Windows 7". Does that mean it's still required to do it?

Edit: It's still required, just that the main post has been edited to a different text for running build 5535 on Windows 7.

Edited by mina7601

34 minutes ago, msquidpl said:

Tomorrow I will make public Chromium 112.0.5570 for Windows 8.0 and 8.1 :)

That will be great!

Btw, tell me, how's the progress of running build 5563 on Windows 7?

Edited by mina7601