“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

17 hours ago, msfntor said:

"Fear is the drive behind why we do what we do, and it isn’t healthy.

Stop the Fear

F.O.M.O. needs to stop gripping our lives and driving our every decision.

- by Emily Struhala

HERE: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/stop-the-fear-of-fomo

This was nice, and thank you for b day from Whitney. She was amazing amazing amazing!!

Emily wrote that article well and it was an easy read for me. :)

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

"Fear is the drive behind why we do what we do, and it isn’t healthy.

Stop the Fear

F.O.M.O. needs to stop gripping our lives and driving our every decision.

- by Emily Struhala

HERE: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/stop-the-fear-of-fomo

That was a nice article! I got enlightened after reading it.

6 hours ago, msfntor said:

Guys, what problem do you have, what disease is doing this? What do the doctors call it?
I don't understand your sickness...maybe it's the result of violent games in childhood...
Go and meet a priest, make him understand your problems, do penance...

I don't know if you are serious here, but I'll take it as that.

ADHD. I was pretty much diagnosed with this on Monday. There are likely others that I am going to be looking into with my psychologist such as depression, anxiety disorders, etc. ADHD is really well known. The overall basis of it is unstable dopamine levels. Fast produced in euphoric situations, but easily depleted. Kind of like a 1970s muscle car with a 1 gallon fuel tank. It causes me to be very happy easily but also really down easily. It's sometime confused with bipolar, but it isn't that. Bipolar is over the span of months. For me, these mood issues have been over the span of as low as 10 minutes, all my life. It also makes making decisions the worst thing ever. Thats why I have constantly changed my "current OS" on MSFN here a lot, as back in 2020 and 2021 I used to constantly reinstall my PC between Win10, Win8, Win7. Luckily, I managed to stop that on my desktop, where my install of Windows (21H2 Pro) is now from March 2022. A new record for me!

As far as meeting a priest, I don't want to talk about this much but I wouldn't consider myself religious. I don't like bringing up religions though because it always seems to cause arguments between people...

and if you were just playing around... sorry

regardless, i feel better today. some days are better / worse than others

Edited by sunryze

18 hours ago, sunryze said:

ADHD. I was pretty much diagnosed with this on Monday.

I''m very happy you got properly got diagnosed. Very brave and I hope you will find a combination of medication (if that is needed) with therapy to bring you to a better place so as you can enjoy life again. 

It causes me to be very happy easily but also really down easily

For me (personally) I've come to better accept the moods swings, and as I've said before, its when they go to the extremes. I've been low in the gutter and manic in the same day. They might not (necessarily) completely resolve and you are human and have emotions and nobody would want to be just "flat" and unable to feel anything, and that balance is the key. Over medicating can cause this, but you'll have to work with your team to find what is right for you. Honestly, it took me years to get good therapy and I'm properly medicated now, whereas, there was times I'm was hospitalized on Haldol and that was ugly, but psychosis overtook me, but I'm better, but still have my days - we all do - the human condition. 

https://practicalpie.com/the-human-condition/

I don't like bringing up religions though because it always seems to cause arguments between people...

I am not religious, but I consider myself to be very spiritual now and less caught up in organized beliefs/teachings. *God means something different to others and views can differ*

The bible says:

1 John 4:16-19 ESV / 23 helpful votes

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us.

See, no worries or arguments here :)

Again, this is new for you and a improper diagnosis is awful and labeled bipolar wasn't right for you, so now, you'll be better able to understand your "condition" rather seeing as illness all the time.

Happy for you and so glad you shared so on here.

~~~~~~~~~Please note to all that read this (especially you,@sunryze: , I needed to correct many severe mistakes, so please red again, I'm sorry for those mistake were merely that my brain doesn't always connect and I often use the wrong words; I hope you got it and understood my errors and read between the lines. Again I do feel bad, but hope I didn't make you feel worse.

Edited by XPerceniol
correct mistakes .. ya know me ;)

13 hours ago, sunryze said:

There are likely others that I am going to be looking into with my psychologist such as depression, anxiety disorders, etc.

Have patience, things won't happen overnight. It took years and will take time to *accept* what you are dealing with and with that acceptance you will find a way to be productive and get back to living. Sometimes these disorders go hand-in-hand so and good therapist and medical team with be helpful to find ways to cope during rough times. We all have them and it can't rain everyday. Try during times of feeling low to use distractions to perk up. I don't care much for "cheer up", but make some tea can help, as well. If you can get out, please do so as I'm full agoraphobic now dealing with this is terrible, so let it foster into that. While I find comfort in my own surroundings, Its turned to complete isolation. Please prevent this even you don't have friends, try to even just surround yourself with some human interaction. The internet is good, but we can easily turn our neurosis into being tied to forums and I STRONGLY recommend against mental health forums. I've been on many and no longer am. Please run it by me if you are seeking such, but, if you are already on that type of forum, please take what people say with a grain of salt ... if fact take anything I say as so.

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, sunryze said:

ADHD. I was pretty much diagnosed with this on Monday. There are likely others that I am going to be looking into with my psychologist such as depression, anxiety disorders, etc. ADHD is really well known. The overall basis of it is unstable dopamine levels. Fast produced in euphoric situations, but easily depleted. Kind of like a 1970s muscle car with a 1 gallon fuel tank. It causes me to be very happy easily but also really down easily. It's sometime confused with bipolar, but it isn't that. Bipolar is over the span of months. For me, these mood issues have been over the span of as low as 10 minutes, all my life. It also makes making decisions the worst thing ever. Thats why I have constantly changed my "current OS" on MSFN here a lot, as back in 2020 and 2021 I used to constantly reinstall my PC between Win10, Win8, Win7. Luckily, I managed to stop that on my desktop, where my install of Windows (21H2 Pro) is now from March 2022. A new record for me!

As far as meeting a priest, I don't want to talk about this much but I wouldn't consider myself religious. I don't like bringing up religions though because it always seems to cause arguments between people...

I understand your frustration, mate. Sometimes, life can be unfair. Either way, I am happy you got diagnosed.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Love yourself and be kind to yourself. Nobody is perfect and all struggle in some way.

I agree with this statement, completely

Hi guys, thanks for your replies I want to comment tomorrow, it's late tonight, sorry ...

Found this article: What Is ADHD? Meaning & Symptoms

- on additudemag.com: https://www.additudemag.com/what-is-adhd-symptoms-causes-treatments/  - By ADDitude Editors, Verified, Medically reviewed by William Dodson, M.D., LF-APA, Updated on July 11, 2022

A few EXCERPTS from the above article, for me and all those who doesn't know about ADHD and would like to learn it quickly:

What Is ADHD? Meaning & Symptoms
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, a complex brain disorder that impacts approximately 11% of children and almost 5% of adults in the U.S.1 ADHD is a developmental impairment of the brain’s executive functions. People with ADHD have trouble with impulse-control, focusing, and organization.

Neuroscience, brain imaging, and clinical research tell us a few important things: ADHD is not a behavior disorder. ADHD is not a mental illness. ADHD is not a specific learning disability. ADHD is, instead, a developmental impairment of the brain’s self-management system. Both adults and children can be diagnosed with ADHD.
What Are the 9 Symptoms of ADHD – Primarily Hyperactive-Impulsive Type?

Often fidgets with or taps hands or feet or squirms in seat.
Often leaves seat in situations when remaining seated is expected (e.g., leaves his or her place in the classroom, in the office or other workplace, or in other situations that require remaining in place).
Often runs about or climbs in situations where it is inappropriate. (Note: In adolescents or adults, may be limited to feeling restless.)
Often unable to play or engage in leisure activities quietly.
Is often “on the go,” acting as if “driven by a motor” (e.g., is unable to be or uncomfortable being still for extended time, as in restaurants, meetings; may be experienced by others as being restless or difficult to keep up with).
Often talks excessively.
Often blurts out an answer before a question has been completed (e.g., completes people’s sentences; cannot wait for turn in conversation).
Often has difficulty waiting his or her turn (e.g., while waiting in line).
Often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations, games, or activities; may start using other people’s things without asking or receiving permission; for adolescents and adults, may intrude into or take over what others are doing).”
What Causes ADHD?
The causes of ADHD remain somewhat unclear. Research suggests that genetics and heredity play a large part in determining who gets ADHD. However, scientists are still investigating whether certain genes, especially ones linked to the neurotransmitter dopamine, play a defined role in developing ADHD.

Additional research suggests that exposure to certain chemicals may increase a child’s risk of having ADHD.

ADHD is not caused by bad parenting, too much sugar, or too many video games. ADHD is a brain-based, biological disorder. Brain imaging studies and other research show many physiological differences in the brains of individuals with ADHD.
Adult ADHD
ADHD is diagnosed in roughy 4.4% of the adult population in the U.S., although this figure is thought to be underreported, as up to 85% of children with ADHD are at risk for having the disorder as adults, and only 10.9% of adults with ADHD receive treatment.9

Untreated ADHD in adults can negatively impact many aspects of life, including work, relationships, and mental health. Symptoms such as trouble managing time, impatience, disorganization, forgetfulness, and mood swings can all cause problems for an individual not actively taking steps to manage their ADHD.
Adult ADHD seldom exists alone. Roughly 60% to 70% of adults with ADHD have a comorbid disorder 10, such as anxiety, mood disorder, or substance abuse. If you suspect you may have adult ADHD, consult with your doctor or mental health professional about diagnosis and treatment so you can improve your well-being and quality of life.
ADHD Treatment
The best treatment strategies for ADHD are multimodal ones — combinations of several different, complementary approaches that work together to reduce symptoms. For one person, this ideal combination may include ADHD medication, nutrition, exercise, and behavioral therapy. For another, it may mean taking ADHD supplements and vitamins, practicing mindfulness, and spending lots of time outdoors in nature.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

49 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Hi guys, thanks for your replies I want to comment tomorrow, it's late tonight, sorry ...

Found this article: What Is ADHD? Meaning & Symptoms

- on additudemag.com: https://www.additudemag.com/what-is-adhd-symptoms-causes-treatments/  - By ADDitude Editors, Verified, Medically reviewed by William Dodson, M.D., LF-APA, Updated on July 11, 2022

A few EXCERPTS from the above article, for me and all those who doesn't know about ADHD and would like to learn it quickly:

What Is ADHD? Meaning & Symptoms
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, a complex brain disorder that impacts approximately 11% of children and almost 5% of adults in the U.S.1 ADHD is a developmental impairment of the brain’s executive functions. People with ADHD have trouble with impulse-control, focusing, and organization.

Neuroscience, brain imaging, and clinical research tell us a few important things: ADHD is not a behavior disorder. ADHD is not a mental illness. ADHD is not a specific learning disability. ADHD is, instead, a developmental impairment of the brain’s self-management system. Both adults and children can be diagnosed with ADHD.
What Are the 9 Symptoms of ADHD – Primarily Hyperactive-Impulsive Type?

Often fidgets with or taps hands or feet or squirms in seat.
Often leaves seat in situations when remaining seated is expected (e.g., leaves his or her place in the classroom, in the office or other workplace, or in other situations that require remaining in place).
Often runs about or climbs in situations where it is inappropriate. (Note: In adolescents or adults, may be limited to feeling restless.)
Often unable to play or engage in leisure activities quietly.
Is often “on the go,” acting as if “driven by a motor” (e.g., is unable to be or uncomfortable being still for extended time, as in restaurants, meetings; may be experienced by others as being restless or difficult to keep up with).
Often talks excessively.
Often blurts out an answer before a question has been completed (e.g., completes people’s sentences; cannot wait for turn in conversation).
Often has difficulty waiting his or her turn (e.g., while waiting in line).
Often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations, games, or activities; may start using other people’s things without asking or receiving permission; for adolescents and adults, may intrude into or take over what others are doing).”
What Causes ADHD?
The causes of ADHD remain somewhat unclear. Research suggests that genetics and heredity play a large part in determining who gets ADHD. However, scientists are still investigating whether certain genes, especially ones linked to the neurotransmitter dopamine, play a defined role in developing ADHD.

Additional research suggests that exposure to certain chemicals may increase a child’s risk of having ADHD.

ADHD is not caused by bad parenting, too much sugar, or too many video games. ADHD is a brain-based, biological disorder. Brain imaging studies and other research show many physiological differences in the brains of individuals with ADHD.
Adult ADHD
ADHD is diagnosed in roughy 4.4% of the adult population in the U.S., although this figure is thought to be underreported, as up to 85% of children with ADHD are at risk for having the disorder as adults, and only 10.9% of adults with ADHD receive treatment.9

Untreated ADHD in adults can negatively impact many aspects of life, including work, relationships, and mental health. Symptoms such as trouble managing time, impatience, disorganization, forgetfulness, and mood swings can all cause problems for an individual not actively taking steps to manage their ADHD.
Adult ADHD seldom exists alone. Roughly 60% to 70% of adults with ADHD have a comorbid disorder 10, such as anxiety, mood disorder, or substance abuse. If you suspect you may have adult ADHD, consult with your doctor or mental health professional about diagnosis and treatment so you can improve your well-being and quality of life.
ADHD Treatment
The best treatment strategies for ADHD are multimodal ones — combinations of several different, complementary approaches that work together to reduce symptoms. For one person, this ideal combination may include ADHD medication, nutrition, exercise, and behavioral therapy. For another, it may mean taking ADHD supplements and vitamins, practicing mindfulness, and spending lots of time outdoors in nature.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are welcome, and that's really great information you shared over there! Thank you.

20 hours ago, sunryze said:

Thats why I have constantly changed my "current OS" on MSFN here a lot, as back in 2020 and 2021 I used to constantly reinstall my PC between Win10, Win8, Win7. Luckily, I managed to stop that on my desktop, where my install of Windows (21H2 Pro) is now from March 2022. A new record for me!

Sometimes computers and tech are a good distraction(s) if you enjoy and learn. Just wanted to say (for the record) ... yay on your new record, and don't think you are/were the only one changing your computer around. Don't forget, we love to tweak our computers. Is why we are here. People wake up at 3AM in the morning because they are beta testing new programs, is what gives us purpose. Computers that just work 'out of the box' ... too boring for me. :buehehe::boring:

Win 10 21H2 seems to be logical choice, btw, look how long we are using legacy os systems on here with great passion.

I'm getting ready to settle in and make some tea and (try to) relax, yeah, not always easy with anxiety as you know. Hard to unwind the mind. Ha!

Please don't feel as you need to disclose anything you aren't comfortable with and while you are MORE THAN welcome to share anything you want (at all regarding anything) or even to vent or anything, this thread was mainly as I didn't want to open the cafe again, but I changed my mind and am glad I did so. While there are bad memories in there (that thread), I didn't feel just pretending they didn't happen was the answer and I needed to face it head on and sometimes hard to revisit bad memories but better to turn something bad into something good. I'm learning in progress. I haven't figured out life any more than anyone else trying/seeking; we are all just trying to survive. Each time life throws us a curve ball, we dust ourselves off and keep trying. Just don't stay down for too long all I'm saying - perk up and hang on to it. 

You all could see when I "ran" away from the thread, I have my low and weak moments, I'm nothing special. Its was actually my good man @msfntor that helped me to start a thread and I am grateful to have his support, because he came back just in time to help me. :hello:

We all didn't find ourselves here by accident as there are no accidents.

Your opening up has helped me and no doubt others out there with like struggles. Like @mina7601 wrote, "Sometimes, life can be unfair." for if not for our obstacles we learn and they make us stronger. :angel No angel or saint and I've certainly contributed to me being in this position.

All-in-all ... all things considered, I'm also doing better and hope dark days become less and less for all of us. Life is hard, but so worth it!

Edited by XPerceniol

On 8/3/2022 at 5:57 PM, mina7601 said:

That was a nice article! I got enlightened after reading it.

I'm glad @mina7601, it's also very enlightening for me, this "Stop the fear" article.

20 hours ago, mina7601 said:

You are welcome, and that's really great information you shared over there! Thank you.

Cool, thank you to read these excerpts and article "What Is ADHD? ..." I didn't know about this...

On 8/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, sunryze said:

YES @sunryze, I'm serious here... Meet the priest, on a human level, they are really wise, you don't have to talk about religion with him, if you don't want.

You wrote: "ADHD is really well known. The overall basis of it is unstable dopamine levels. Fast produced in euphoric situations, but easily depleted. Kind of like a 1970s muscle car with a 1 gallon fuel tank. It causes me to be very happy easily but also really down easily. "

- So I suggest you stay happy! Adopt one (or two) cats, if you want, and you'll see...you'll be infinitely happy, day and night!:worship: ..loving presence, that's it.

I'm serious.

Foreword - by Jane Goodall:

What have animals ever done for us?https://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/latest/essays/foreword

Who can adopt a rescue animal? 11 common myths debunkedhttps://www.rspca.org.uk/-/who-can-adopt-a-rescue-animal-10-common-myths-debunked-1

On 8/3/2022 at 7:12 PM, XPerceniol said:

While I find comfort in my own surroundings, Its turned to complete isolation. Please prevent this even you don't have friends, try to even just surround yourself with some human interaction. The internet is good, but we can easily turn our neurosis into being tied to forums ...

Surely to break isolation, is much preferable to meet people in our own surroundings, in real, not on the web.

And cats are very clever at breaking the isolation.:worship:

On 8/3/2022 at 7:18 PM, XPerceniol said:

Love yourself and be kind to yourself. Nobody is perfect and all struggle in some way. ...Have patience...

@XPerceniol: Always heartfelt thanks to you for the enlightening thoughts you are giving to us!

18 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Its was actually my good man @msfntor that helped me to start a thread and I am grateful to have his support, because he came back just in time to help me. :hello:

We all didn't find ourselves here by accident as there are no accidents.

Thank you very much! Thank you all!

Edited by msfntor
links added

You're very welcome and that solid faith in God I believe is what gives you strength, not only to recover from illness, but to be a good kind human being. I wish everyone had faith and didn't use their faith as a weapon, not what the bible teaches, if you believe in Jesus, he only asked 1 thing, that you love him and put your fears and anguish in his hands ... certainly not too much to ask. I DO think its healthy to believe in higher power beyond just this existence or perception. I think (most) all would agree this is just a shell and YOU are more than skin and bones, and our energy, aura, love are your soul all make up the spirit, what is you. I think even folks that are not religious can at least agree that faith and action (God helps those whom help themselves) we can overcome and endure.

I will write more later, but wanted to at least respond and will work on the isolation thing. Will continue to work on that, and appreciate your advice but I can't actually have a pet here, against the rules when I reside. I live in housing for folks with disabilities some are much worse than I, not everyone are able and some come and go here in only a few weeks or a month from group homes. People have also passed away and I'm so isolated I didn't even know other then I'd not see 'so and so' in a while and asked or was told.

I don't know the future (for me or anybody) there is promises, but today I need to focus on and improve, we all start right now.

Edited by XPerceniol

On 8/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, msfntor said:

I'm glad @mina7601, it's also very enlightening for me, this "Stop the fear" article.

Cool, thank you to read these excerpts and article "What Is ADHD? ..." I didn't know about this...

Thank you very much! Thank you all!

You are welcome, @msfntor! It's my pleasure!

Edited by mina7601