mypal 68.13.0 is running pretty smoothly so far. But I am having one issue...

When I go to a few newspaper websites to read articles, the webpage will go blank and I'll get the following message:

Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).

Is there a setting I should make to mypal to avoid this issue? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

5 hours ago, tinman2000 said:

Is there a setting I should make to mypal to avoid this issue?

No, that's a generic error generated by certain framework some websites use. Mypal 68 is simply quite behind (read obsolete) on JavaScript/CSS front.

I noticed a new issue just yesterday.

I run the add on "New Tab Tools", and as of yesterday, all of the tiles have disappeared.  I tried doing some background image customization, yet nothing would take.

I removed the add on, and installed a previously supported version (I stuck with v90).  It installs, but this error comes up on a "new tab" page:

New Tab Tools couldn't start properly. Try these:

If cookies are disabled, add an exception for moz-extension://be8bed7c-155b-46a3-8bdd-15e1205e34fc/.
    Go to about:config and check dom.indexedDB.enabled is set to true.

You will need to restart New Tab Tools (or just restart Firefox) for these changes to have an effect.
New Tab Tools cannot start if Firefox is set to "never remember history" or "always open in private browsing mode".

I added the boolean pref and set ti to "true", but I still get the error.  Hmmmm.

Well if anyone has any ideas as to what may have happened, I'm all ears.  Thanks.

@tinman2000

The site loads and i can see it, but after some time the error shows.

Console shows "A client-side exception has occurred, see here for more info: https://nextjs.org/docs/messages/client-side-exception-occurred"

This is funny when i open that link i get the same error, not funny to think about how stupid modern developers, to break the whole site if some minor thing fails.

You may write about this everywhere - let nextjhs make software for plane control whatever.

I think the error itself will be fixed when will update engine to 91.

@Jody Thornton

How was it works before, remember what was changed and set it back, what about "always open in private browsing mode"?

No such addon on the mozilla site, why do you want it? Why it messes with cookies?

As for dom.indexedDB.enabled this do nothing, on mypal68 it is always enabled.

Anyway suppose you have some backup, the regular new tab things are in the places.sqlite

i

3 hours ago, feodor2 said:

@tinman2000

The site loads and i can see it, but after some time the error shows.

Console shows "A client-side exception has occurred, see here for more info: https://nextjs.org/docs/messages/client-side-exception-occurred"

This is funny when i open that link i get the same error, not funny to think about how stupid modern developers, to break the whole site if some minor thing fails.

You may write about this everywhere - let nextjhs make software for plane control whatever.

I think the error itself will be fixed when will update engine to 91.

Thanks Feodor2 - I'll look forward to the update. Right now, I've figured out a work around by finding the same articles on other websites.

• 2 weeks later...