Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

On 12/21/2022 at 12:34 PM, Dietmar said:

@Damnation @PPeti66x

Here is the fresh compiled free version of last acpi.sys v7 from @Mov AX, 0xDEAD,

compiled with the OS fakes from @daniel_k

good luck

Dietmar

https://ufile.io/e6559bso

@Dave-H make try with this acpi.sys on the Flex10.

@Dietmar

Just wanted to report now I'm back home, that that version of acpi.sys makes no difference to the hanging restart problem on my Flex 10.
Working fine in every other respect though, so I will leave it installed.
:yes:

3 hours ago, UsefulAGKHelper said:

I wonder if the razzle tool from source code can compile the other files aside from acpi without problems? Because if that's the case, then I will try to compile bootvid.dll so I can try to change the resolution of the kernel vga driver from 640x480 to 1024x768 so I can try to force BSOD to show (using FlashBoot bootmgfw.efi VGA emulator on pure-uefi laptop) to show if XP crashed while booting from 16497 winload pure uefi (with only /BOOTLOGO specified in LoadString, NOGUIBOOT isn't needed), to see if the problem is caused by ACPI.SYS (for debugging purposes on only one computer because I can't afford to buy a second one)

@UsefulAGKHelper

Original razzle is ideal to compile anything from leaked sources, just cd to directory and build any .sys/.exe/.dll

To show BSOD info on UEFI screen i think a lot of things need to rewrite or create from scratch, technicaly BSOD screen is text screen rendered by bios fonts, so in win8/win10 no more text mode, only hires screen with bsod code

Just now, Dave-H said:

@Dietmar

Just wanted to report now I'm back home, that that version of acpi.sys makes no difference to the hanging restart problem on my Flex 10.
Working fine in every other respect though, so I will leave it installed.

@Dave-H There is no hanging restart workaround (ported storport.sys from win8 has same problem if usb3 storage inserted), no point to wait this specific fix from current acpi driver :)

46 minutes ago, Mov AX, 0xDEAD said:

@Dave-H There is no hanging restart workaround (ported storport.sys from win8 has same problem if usb3 storage inserted), no point to wait this specific fix from current acpi driver :)

Thanks, I guess it's something I'll just have to live with.
The machine works so much better with the new version of acpi.sys in every other respect than it does with the default version, I'm not complaining!
Off-topic, I've been researching a way of removing 'Restart' from the shutdown menu so I don't keep using it accidentally, but I didn't get anywhere.
Does anyone know if that's possible to do?
:dubbio:

3 minutes ago, Dietmar said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD @RandyOC

Yesssa:cheerleader:,

without any hack via my new acpi.sys with OS fake and the Kai Storahci SATA

I am just installing XP64 on the MSI z690-A Pro DDR4 board,

via CD on Sata CD rom.

Firadisk does not work for 64bit here

Dietmar

woohoo! let's go! I have a CD ROM here so I can use that :) fingers crossed no BSOD