Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

11 hours ago, XPRTM said:

^

How about posting your Windows 2000 related questions, requests or whatever, in the  Windows 2000 section ? This isn't the place for it. Its blatantly obvious that you are just trying to hijack or derail this thread, since the first pages.

@XPRTM You don't know that if the acpi.sys source code of Windows 2000 leaked as XP you wouldn't be here to tell me this. Windows 2000 and XP and 2003 are very similar and there is no problem if I mention Windows 2000 in an article about XP or 2003. I'm trying To find someone who is interested in this system to patch it binary. 

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

You are adding functions to acpi.sys and fixing some, right ? if yes this is possible in a binary way . If you can add information on the first page regarding this thing

If anyone is interested and knows about binary patch, please go ahead to keep Windows 2000 in new hardware.

Edited by WinWord2000

@WinWord2000

I can't help but think that Windows XP had diverged considerably away from Windows 2000 once SP3 was issued.
This thread is specifically not concerning Windows 2000, as its title states.
Stay on topic here please, and if necessary start your own thread about this in the Windows 2000 section.
You can put links here to it, and hopefully you will get relevant input to it from the contributors here.
:yes:

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

@WinWord2000

I can't help but think that Windows XP had diverged considerably away from Windows 2000 once SP3 was issued.

Hi Dave,

What I know is that blackwingcat covered most of the shortcomings of Windows 2000, most of the programs that run with XP sp2 or 3 run on 2000 SP4 + BWC extended kernel, even in terms of hardware with extended core

On 12/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, Dave-H said:

Fair enough, but my comments still stand.
This is in the Windows XP section of the forum.
Windows 2000 has its own section, please use it.
:)

Well, I will, but I hope it will not be fruitless and that no interested person will see it there , as "windows 2000 ntoskrnl extender" topic of @Damnation

My illness may take me to death and I never see this working on Windows 2000 :unsure:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD @Damnation

I test my idea with the 12900k processor definition on an MSI z690A Pro DDR4 board with 12600 cpu.

On first start I see processor 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 with correct name 12600 in Device Manager.

The last 10,11 are still listed as 12900k cpu.

I delete in Registry in the entry Enum in Services for intelppm those 2 wrong entries.

And voila, after next reboot all processors 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B are shown correct as 12600 cpu.

One thing I noticed in Enum for intelppm in Services:

The 2 before as 12900k named cpus are not in sequence with the others:

They appear in the middle:

I mean 0,1,A(wrong name 12900k),B(wrong name 12900k),2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

And this strange sequence stays in Enum of intelppm, even they are now named correct as 0,1,A,B,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Dietmar

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

I should have been more clear - I think it's probably just a typo in the code somewhere, as it's only processors 1A to 1F with the issue.

acpi_sys_proc_1a_1f.thumb.PNG.582dba7a6a55c786893725d4f618a8c4.PNG

On left screen ACPI show enumerated 1A(#27) core, but in DM name translating broken on 27-32 cores.

Do you can setup remote kernel debugging on this board to dump logs with custom acpi.sys?

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

I can use the boot.ini entry on my threadripper machine and just transfer it across and just change the IP addresses.

The KDNET files will need to be changed though - the threadripper has an Intel LAN but this other machine has a Realtek RTL8125BG chip.

Can you refresh my memory on how to properly setup KDNET?

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

I make a brandnew install of original XP SP3 with the new acpi.sys on the MSI z690-A Pro DDR4 board.

When I look in Device Manager at processors, I see the first 10 cores

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 with the correct name 12600.

But the last 2 cores A, B have the name "Intel Processor"

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

14 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

I make a brandnew install of original XP SP3 with the new acpi.sys on the MSI z690-A Pro DDR4 board.

When I look in Device Manager at processors, I see the first 10 cores

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 with the correct name 12600.

But the last 2 cores A, B have the name "Intel Processor"

Dietmar

OK, something still wrong with emulating Processor(), if you can dump acpi logs from this board, i think i will find solution.

But it may require more time because i don't know where is problem, so it is try&report way :)

Edited by Mov AX, 0xDEAD