Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

36 minutes ago, Dietmar said:

@geeb21

I think it is enough, to disable all UEFI in Bios

and to disable "Fast Boot" in Bios

Dietmar

it's all the same problem...

It's interesting that ubuntu 16.04 boots like hell, so that the ssd is connected with 2 usb and the usb 4 port of the minipc is usb 3.0

35 minutes ago, Damnation said:

@geeb21

In the optional patch integrator script folder

Patches\ACPI drivers

change the acpi.sys 7777 -> acpi.sys 6666 version from the other folder.

then run the script again to build a new xp.iso with the alternate acpi driver.

This file xp.iso directory?

Or where to get this acpi.sys 6666 version

Edited by geeb21

23 hours ago, Damnation said:

@cyberluke

Yeah I read it, they select the MPS HAL in this case which means this threads ACPI driver irrelevant as it's not used by that HAL.

Ok, I know MPS multiprocessor support is different implementation than ACPI multiprocessor. I was thinking about providing ACPI layer that would bridge the requests about multi-cpu capabilities to MPS layer thus providing support for post-Whistler NT builds. I'm currently helping to two other open-source projects + daily job, so I might need to dig into the code myself...after I finally compile XP kernel driver for vJoy. Thank you for your response, at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I succeed to build an XP SP3,

which can boot via freeldr or ntldr on any compi,

meaning from IDE, any Sata, any USB any nvme device.

I build this XP on my Asrock z370 k6 board.

Then I test it for nvme boot on the Asrock z690 Extreme board.

Boots, everything works as wished.

But now comes a crazy thing: When I apply the DSDT patch (thanks to @Damnation) for to use the old processor definition on the Asrock z690 board, suddently compi showes BSOD.

Hm, I check the DSDT patch, everything is ok with this patch.

This can only mean one thing: After now about 2 months, the compi rejected the same static DSDT patch in registry,

which works before. Now I understand, why @Mov AX, 0xDEAD asks for to upload always the modded DSDT fresh to ram,

because there must be something crazy like a clock, which compares timestamp in loaded DSDT with actual time

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

Yeppp,

for to understand, if I am right,

I make a complete new readout of the DSDT file with   acpidump - b  under Win10 on the Asrock z690 Extreme board.

And then I compare the DSDT from just now and from 2 months ago.

ONLY the time stamp is different.

Ok, then I integrate with asl.exe the new modded DSDT into the registry of this board.

And voila, works.

Crazy, that time can make the difference for XP SP3 boot between a working DSDT and Bsod

Dietmar

From just now

20221027-000958.jpg

Edited by Dietmar

23 hours ago, Dietmar said:

This can only mean one thing: After now about 2 months, the compi rejected the same static DSDT patch in registry,

which works before. Now I understand, why @Mov AX, 0xDEAD asks for to upload always the modded DSDT fresh to ram,

because there must be something crazy like a clock, which compares timestamp in loaded DSDT with actual time

DSDT binary in extracted BIOS is template, not final DSDT table

Example declaration of GNVS on my H110:

BIOS DSDT UUID File: OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xFFFF0000, 0xAA55)

Actual DSDT in RAM:   OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBC8DB000, 0x06D5), dumped in marсh-2022

Actual DSDT in RAM:  OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xCF1DB000, 0x06D5), dumped in october-2022

1) To load DSDT from registry, save DSDT before from actual DSDT table in RAM, not bios template

2) If you change some BIOS setting or add/remove PCI devices, bios may change region adresses and your copy in registry will be obsolete/different

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Yesssa, I did it:cheerleader:!

Was crazy much afraid, that I kill my Asrock Z690 Extreme board with this action.

I download the newest Bios 9.04 for this board from Asrock Webside, supports also 13900k cpu.

With UEFITOOL I extract its DSDT and modd it via the Methode from @Damnation and delete in DSDT also all the 64 "007" devices for "new" cpu definition.

Only DSDT is modded.

With iasl I make new dsdt.aml from it, all under XP SP3.

This I put DSDT back via UEFITOOL into the Bios 9.04 file from Webside.

This board has Bios Flashback. So no need for EEpromer.

But this Bios Flashback Methode has a bad side effect:

On my Asus Apex z370 I "succeed" to kill its Bios chip with wrong Biosfile and "Flashback".

There I can repair this with desoldering Bios chip and using EEpromer and new Bios chip.

On the Asrock Extreme z690 it is mechanical nearly impossible with Clip to go direct to the Bioschip, you have to solder it also.

But this time everything was ok.

I put the modded Biosfile named creative.rom on a fresh with Fat32 formatted USB Stick, put this USB Stick into the special slot down next to sound connector, 3 sec press Bios Flashback. And then programming laaasts about 2 min. Blinking red LED on USB stick and green from board.

Lightning on stick and LED from board went off and then crossing fingers: board starts, shows Bios 9.04.

This methode from @Damnation works on z690 boards

for to go away from "1000" unknown devices in Device Manager under XP.

The power consumption of the cpu goes down after this methode to nearly zero.

And the processor is now shown correct,

nice

Dietmar

PS: This are the files.

https://ufile.io/0avd1xjh

Very easy to use:

As told on Website, disable before EVERYTHING about Security in BIOS Setup.

Copy only

creative.rom

to an with Fat32 formatted USB stick, put it in Flashback port of the Asrock Z690 Extreme board and press "Flashback".

No garantie, for me it works.

20221028-135643.jpg

Edited by Dietmar