Jump to content

ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use


AstroSkipper
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

I hope you do not put it too late though, you know that the world is not only English speaking, but multilingual! :)

I know that very well! I am German, and English is not my native language. But these few strings of Engish in ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 shouldn't be any problem for non-natives. And there are translation services like Google Translate or DeepL. My documentation can be translated in any language in seconds. Same for all menu items in PopMenu, and they can be replaced easily. No language skills are necessary! In any case, supporting multiple languages was never a feature I brought into the game and is not a high priority for me. But, as I already mentioned, I will put it to the test later. A "too late", I don't see, though. Users of Windows XP, whose support has been discontinued for years, are likely to focus on the functionality and benefit of a software rather than its language. And one thing is clear, the added value of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 is enormous! :yes: :)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


47 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I know that very well! I am German, and English is not my native language. But these few strings of English in ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 shouldn't be any problem for non-natives. And there are translation services like Google Translate or DeepL. My documentation can be translated in any language in seconds. Same for all menu items in PopMenu, and they can be replaced easily. No language skills are necessary! In any case, supporting multiple languages was never a feature I brought into the game and is not a high priority for me. But, as I already mentioned, I will put it to the test later. A "too late", I don't see, though. Users of Windows XP, whose support has been discontinued for years, are likely to focus on the functionality and benefit of a software rather than its language. And one thing is clear, the added value of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 is enormous! :yes: :)

Well, they are not a problem for me. I also know that your documentation and the PopMenu menu items are translatable. English isn't my native language either, but I know it very well. Also, I am aware that translation services exist. Also, yeah, I am one of those users of Windows XP which focus on the functionality and benefits of a software more than its language.

Edited by mina7601
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@AstroSkipper There is no problem with "hacking" your compiled string and translate them. It's just recommendation (and learning experience), with MultiLanguage support using simple TXT / INI file for few string :)

 

P.S. Release stable build first, then try to go with MultiLanguage support :)

Edited by George King
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Taiga-chan said:

@AstroSkipper Will you support Asian languages as well? When your creation is ready I will translate it for my language.

If there will be language file in UTF-16 LE BOM format, it should work without issues probably. I'm not sure how works AutoIT strings-file handling.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, George King said:

@AstroSkipper There is no problem with "hacking" your compiled string and translate them. It's just recommendation (and learning experience), with MultiLanguage support using simple TXT / INI file for few string :)

 

P.S. Release stable build first, then try to go with MultiLanguage support :)

1 hour ago, Taiga-chan said:

@AstroSkipper Will you support Asian languages as well? When your creation is ready I will translate it for my language.

1 hour ago, George King said:

If there will be language file in UTF-16 LE BOM format, it should work without issues probably. I'm not sure how works AutoIT strings-file handling.

Hello @George King and @Taiga-chan! Thanks for your recommendation and replies! I am always willing to learn new things and expand my programming skills, indeed. And, as I already said, I'll put the multiple language support on the test in due course. But, it is not a high priority for me. Other things in the development of my program package are much more important. The world is international. There are a lot of programs English only. I am mathematician, and consistency is very important for me. If I wanted to add a multiple language support to my program package, all English strings would have to be translated, i.e., the strings inside PopMenu, the menu items of PopMenu, all documentation, and all outputs of my programs. Therefore, the effort would be much greater than it seems at first sight. At the moment, my program package is still under development and will change from version to version. Logically, this continuous development has the highest priority for me. :yes: 

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, AstroSkipper said:
On 8/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

What "flavor" of XP are you running, I wonder if that's the cause of your issue?

VANILLA XP SP2 x86?
VANILLA XP SP3 x86?
VANILLA XP SP2 x86 plus all hotfixes prior to SP3?
VANILLA XP SP3 x86 plus all hotfixes prior to POSReady?
VANILLA XP SP3 x86 plus all hotfixes prior to POSReady plus POSReady?

Expand  

@XPerceniol I would be interested in that, too! Your issues were very strange as far as I could see. :dubbio: :)

Hello @XPerceniol! I was very busy last week and only now realize that you never replied to our request. glass2.gif What's going on with your computer? Did you manage it to work again? Could you restore your partition completely? And BTW, I gave you some recommendations and tips for trying to get rid of hard drive failures here in this post:

Have you considered to perform any of these methods? Anyway, hope you are well, and, take care of you! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper repareordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @AstroSkipper and @mina7601

Thank you for reaching out to me ... means a great deal more than you realize. I'm sorry and I didn't mean to give any reason for concern and partly why I dropped out after realizing.

a) It didn't work as expected and I had (screen proof) of all those errors.

b) This is without question - way over my head. While it may appear I've got a clue its a mirage. Lol ;)

I know more that I did when I first got here, but, still, lacking in other areas and I fully admit to such.

Part of being a good beta tester is admitting when things go wrong and to report everything as such regardless of others success, and I DO admit I was cut down a peg when I though, seeing others reporting success, to have failed in several aspect of this project. This obviously, requires a bit more knowledge than I posses. Even on one of my most (dare I even say) clearest moments/days, I couldn't even pretend to keep up and even the last few pages lost me; but you see, I didn't report each failure and gave up. I will admit, I did not give up after only a few tries, of course, me (being me, a tinkerer) how could I even if I wanted to. Of course I tried and take it too far each time (Maybe 11 or 12 tries) resulting in unstable and unable to boot at all, but not at the fault of the testers or author as others didn't have these issues. After things went off the rails, I (again, being me) take it the the farthest degree and started to pull apart other areas of my system, and indeed discovered I'm running on unstable ground to put it lightly; but you did see the errors and they are strange. All relying heavily on my Acronis Backups to bail me out, and each and every single time, they INDEED did and never let me down. From complete crash like it never happened at all. I was able to restore from a few months to a few years ago and my backup (TIB File) files ranging from 3 GB to a mere 934 MB (yes, very very slim) XP. So, sorry for the very long answer to your question, but, yes was able to get my partitions up and running as I was taught to do very early on when things go very wrong and I've had to ask myself it it was worth chasing down the problem or just recover to a backup that had never failed even when the systems were (by all counts) dead and killed off.

So, @mina7601, the main reason(s) I backed out was because I saw that I can not keep up and have issues (still talking about computers .... haha) preventing me from running this out of the box as I see it should work.

And, @AstroSkipper and @NotHereToPlayGames and @Dave-H I did read your questions but didn't reply as I gave up and didn't want to admit that I'm (obviously) not as up-to-date as I should be as others here are. While I have in my registry that I'm (almost) pos ready and many updates even came up as sp4 - did I use the unofficial and back up to a stable point - that is entirely possible and probable given that I've not always been in a state state of mind to be making changes, but I can't help it sometimes, is whom I am and will always likely be, so you can be I'm still the same tweaked member trying new things, you weren't wrong. 

I've only two computes that are working:

This Dell Optiplex 745 and my Dimension 3000. The Dimension is not so lucky and I can't do much with that but have still relied on Acronis to backup when I've botched it.

Anyway, I'm fine, I guess, so please don't worry, I'm pretty open and you'll know when I'm in rough shape, because I usually say so somewhere as such and my writing goes from bad to worse and loaded with typos or I leave threads only to come back. Ha!

Tell you what, though, let me think about this this week and please allow me to ask again, but I'm not sure I'm 'up to it' honestly.

I'm fine and as the day progresses my (already) faulty attentions span and energy degrades, so I only had brief moments of clarity, but sometimes they become increased in duration. 

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you manage it to work again? Could you restore your partition completely?

Yes, completely and 100% as the day I backed it up cloned.

Thank you and your care means a lot, but even if I'm not a part of this project, doesn't mean I don't hope for the best for others and I will settle.

~Sal

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2022 at 3:39 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Beta testing of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3

Hello again, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames, @George King, @XPerceniolbonjour2.gif

This was a beta test at its best! One week of testing, fixing code, and checking different scenarios! With very many helpful and exploitable results! You all did a very good job. goodjob.gif But one after the other! First of all, thanks to @XPerceniol for the attempt to test my program package! Unfortunately, his computer did not want to participate in the testing. ordi09.gif It's a pity that this could not be followed up! Next, I would also like to thank @George King for the willingness to test my package in Windows XP Professional x64, which unfortunately could not be done due to personal reasons! vaccin.gif Furthermore, a big thank you to @NotHereToPlayGames for testing, reporting and confirming that my package runs on Windows XP Professional x64, despite private commitments! rockingchair.gif And on it goes! A big thank you to @Dave-H for the continuous testing and reporting, for your advices and support, especially for the correction of my documentation in terms of spelling, punctuation and grammar! faitsesmaths.gif I did my best, but unfortunately, I no longer have reading glasses, I need new ones opticien.gif, and I am not a native English speaker. And finally, a very special, huge thank you to @mina7601 for the in-depth testing, tracking down and confirming bugs, for the continuous reporting and your support! parasol-ordi.gif This is how a beta test provides solid and usable data. Simply great! ssupercool2.gif Anyway, I have to thank you all for your efforts and time commitment! smilie-schild-025.gif This is not something that can be taken for granted! This beta test was absolutely important and also necessary. Five times I had to send additionally corrected versions of different programs to you via PM. An early release of my program package would have been a disaster for sure! repareordi.gif But now, all the problems we found have been fixed, and hopefully there are none left, although programs always contain bugs of some kind. Speaking of bugs, from now on we have a new terminus technicus, the one I christened "space bug". And, I love it sooo much! fluch.gif
Anyway, you guys are a great team unami.gif, and with this post I officially end this beta test. I hope I can count on you next time. :yes: Everything else soon!

Greetings from Germany!  :hello:

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Hello @XPerceniol! Many thanks for your detailed answer! As you can see in the quoted post, I have always seen you as a member of our team. But I respect personal decisions, whether I like them or not. The beta test is over now, but, after releasing my program package, we can try to check why your computer refused to participate in the beta test, either officially in this thread or privately via PM. That's what I can offer to you. It's up to you! :) However, in your long reply you did not say, whether you tried to perform any of the methods, which I posted in another thread to fix your hard drive, or not. I'd have been interested! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi @AstroSkipper and @mina7601

Thank you for reaching out to me ... means a great deal more than you realize. I'm sorry and I didn't mean to give any reason for concern and partly why I dropped out after realizing.

a) It didn't work as expected and I had (screen proof) of all those errors.

b) This is without question - way over my head. While it may appear I've got a clue its a mirage. Lol ;)

I know more that I did when I first got here, but, still, lacking in other areas and I fully admit to such.

Part of being a good beta tester is admitting when things go wrong and to report everything as such regardless of others success, and I DO admit I was cut down a peg when I though, seeing others reporting success, to have failed in several aspect of this project. This obviously, requires a bit more knowledge than I posses. Even on one of my most (dare I even say) clearest moments/days, I couldn't even pretend to keep up and even the last few pages lost me; but you see, I didn't report each failure and gave up. I will admit, I did not give up after only a few tries, of course, me (being me, a tinkerer) how could I even if I wanted to. Of course I tried and take it too far each time (Maybe 11 or 12 tries) resulting in unstable and unable to boot at all, but not at the fault of the testers or author as others didn't have these issues. After things went off the rails, I (again, being me) take it the the farthest degree and started to pull apart other areas of my system, and indeed discovered I'm running on unstable ground to put it lightly; but you did see the errors and they are strange. All relying heavily on my Acronis Backups to bail me out, and each and every single time, they INDEED did and never let me down. From complete crash like it never happened at all. I was able to restore from a few months to a few years ago and my backup (TIB File) files ranging from 3 GB to a mere 934 MB (yes, very very slim) XP. So, sorry for the very long answer to your question, but, yes was able to get my partitions up and running as I was taught to do very early on when things go very wrong and I've had to ask myself it it was worth chasing down the problem or just recover to a backup that had never failed even when the systems were (by all counts) dead and killed off.

So, @mina7601, the main reason(s) I backed out was because I saw that I can not keep up and have issues (still talking about computers .... haha) preventing me from running this out of the box as I see it should work.

And, @AstroSkipper and @NotHereToPlayGames and @Dave-H I did read your questions but didn't reply as I gave up and didn't want to admit that I'm (obviously) not as up-to-date as I should be as others here are. While I have in my registry that I'm (almost) pos ready and many updates even came up as sp4 - did I use the unofficial and back up to a stable point - that is entirely possible and probable given that I've not always been in a state state of mind to be making changes, but I can't help it sometimes, is whom I am and will always likely be, so you can be I'm still the same tweaked member trying new things, you weren't wrong. 

I've only two computes that are working:

This Dell Optiplex 745 and my Dimension 3000. The Dimension is not so lucky and I can't do much with that but have still relied on Acronis to backup when I've botched it.

Anyway, I'm fine, I guess, so please don't worry, I'm pretty open and you'll know when I'm in rough shape, because I usually say so somewhere as such and my writing goes from bad to worse and loaded with typos or I leave threads only to come back. Ha!

Tell you what, though, let me think about this this week and please allow me to ask again, but I'm not sure I'm 'up to it' honestly.

I'm fine and as the day progresses my (already) faulty attentions span and energy degrades, so I only had brief moments of clarity, but sometimes they become increased in duration. 

Yes, completely and 100% as the day I backed it up cloned.

Thank you and your care means a lot, but even if I'm not a part of this project, doesn't mean I don't hope for the best for others and I will settle.

~Sal

You're welcome, and thanks for your detailed answer!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mina7601 said:

@AstroSkipper So, since beta testing is over, when will the official ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 release come?

Hello @mina7601!  At the moment I am extending the documentation with a short explanation for each menu item. And I have improved the visibility of the windows in some programs. I am also trying to improve my programs with regard to false positives from virus scanners. My Avast doesn't like some of them although they are absolutely clean. panne1.gif Therefore, still a bit to do! But the release will come very soon. :yes:

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
14 hours ago, mina7601 said:

@AstroSkipper So, since beta testing is over, when will the official ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 release come?

Hello @mina7601!  At the moment I am extending the documentation with a short explanation for each menu item. And I have improved the visibility of the windows in some programs. I am also trying to improve my programs with regard to false positives from virus scanners. My Avast doesn't like some of them although they are absolutely clean. panne1.gif Therefore, still a bit to do! But the release will come very soon. :yes:

Due to the false positives of some virus scanners, I am now trying to switch to another compiler. All programs that I have created myself will then have to be recompiled and, after that, rechecked on VirusTotal.com. I will make these results available when I release my program package ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3. I hope it can be released on Sunday.

Cheers, AstroSkipper internet07h.gif

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Due to the false positives of some virus scanners, I am now trying to switch to another compiler. All programs that I have created myself will then have to be recompiled and, after that, rechecked on VirusTotal.com. I will make these results available when I release my program package ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3. I hope it can be released on Sunday.

Cheers, AstroSkipper internet07h.gif

Hopefully, it gets released on Sunday.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...