Pretty Detox Posts

msfntor

Dr Pepper Would Like to Be the Official Soft Drink of Texas—Not Just of Our Hearts

It seems like a formality at this point, but here’s why it makes sense to make our relationship with Dr Pepper official.

In February 1973, in the the very first issue of Texas Monthly, we published an article called “Understanding Dr Pepper.” In the 46 years since, we’ve devoted a great deal of space to the beverage. And why wouldn’t we? There are few brands more iconically Texan than Dr Pepper, no matter who owns it (it’s Keurig) or where they bottle it (not Dublin, Texas). Dr Pepper tastes like a Texas summer, a rush of caffeine and fizz and sugar and joy. It’s still a wonderful base for an ice cream float—a treat at the heart of a decades-long tradition at Baylor University—and the only soft drink brand with its own museum right here in our fine state.

Other states have their iconic soft drinks, sure. Coca-Cola is entwined with Georgia (specifically Atlanta), and Pepsi’s origins are rooted in North Carolina—but Texans are so fiercely proud of everything born and bred here that our relationship to Dr Pepper is special. And the company, despite being owned by Yanks, is nonetheless looking to formalize it. To that end, they’ve launched a Change.org petition urging the Texas Legislature to declare Dr Pepper the official soft drink of Texas. More Here https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/dr-pepper-official-soft-drink-of-texas/

Edited by legacyfan

Newly available Maxar satellite imagery shows several hundred meters long surface rupture with horizontal displacements up to 4m near Nurdağı, Gaziantep province, Turkey. I don’t know if even the best concrete can resist that!

a5a61e55-c1da-43e9-8fd7-9be715b334fa_514

Here: https://strangesounds.substack.com/p/vaccine-mandates-could-soon-be-rolling

Thank you, Manuel!

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

Tropical Beach Ambience: 3 Hours of Peaceful Ocean Waves (4K Video)

Thank you ... watching now and I feel so happy as I apologized to NHTPG and he accepted my apology from my bad posting yesterday. Will write a lot later and I LOVE this video.

16 hours ago, msfntor said:

1 - Of course, thank you for your conscious, wise reaction!

2 - BUT ... "I was there myself." - Don't put your nose between the gears.

3 - Don't stick your nose between the cogs.

1 - You're welcome !

2 - Not sure I understood what you meant, is it some form of weird patronising ?

I think I already wrote, I was there voluntarily, no one forced me to.

3 - Not sure I understand, again. 

15 hours ago, msfntor said:

10 inches = 25.4 cm

Very cute animal!

"the Great Hamster was systematically killed to the point where only 200 were left in the wild."

"Alfalfa is the preferred food of the endangered hamster, which, being French, is selective about what it eats."

"But that doesn't mean French farmers are excited about this plan. But perhaps the hamster can win over a few of those reticent hearts and minds. Vive le hamster!"

conservation-du-grand-hamster.jpg

th?id=OIP.Jqa-PvYawzNyW-eYcSP3hgHaJO%26p

Pictures from the web

- to see these two pictures, allow in your uBlock: www.defi-ecologique.com

Fantastic French Hamster ! Thank you for the pictures ! I also had an article about the beautiful pink French Iguana, need to find it.

spacer.png

Chef learns sign language in order to communicate with deaf diners

Chef Tatsuya Sekiguchi wants everyone who enters his restaurant to feel welcome, and when he learned that a deaf couple had a reservation for dinner, he decided to learn American Sign Language (ASL) in order to communicate with them. Sekiguchi owns Tatsu Dallas, which offers omakase, or a meal with dishes selected by the chef. In this setting, the chef will go into detail about the food being prepared. Before their dinner at Tatsu Dallas, Melissa Keomoungkhoun and her husband Victor Montiel contacted the restaurant to let them know they are deaf and had questions about how they might communicate with the staff. A tasting menu was sent over ahead of time, and Keomoungkhoun and Montiel were surprised when they walked into the restaurant and Sekiguchi and two others greeted them in ASL. The chef went on to sign the entire tasting menu, with the staff passing them notes explaining what was coming up next. "At Tatsu, we looked silly being in awe with smiles on our faces," Keomoungkhoun told Today. Sekiguchi said it is his belief that "every day and everyone is special. We all are celebrating something every day. If I can help make it more special, I am very grateful."

Sorry if my posting didn't make sense, guys.

11 hours ago, D.Draker said:
On 2/13/2023 at 11:04 AM, msfntor said:

1 - Of course, thank you for your conscious, wise reaction!

2 - BUT ... "I was there myself." - Don't put your nose between the gears.

3 - Don't stick your nose between the cogs.

1 - You're welcome !

2 - Not sure I understood what you meant, is it some form of weird patronising ?

I think I already wrote, I was there voluntarily, no one forced me to.

3 - Not sure I understand, again. 

Hi D.D., are you safe? We are talking about the 2022 picture, which shows the colors of Ukraine... and your quote and my subsequent remarks then concern your stay in Ukraine. You put yourself in danger of losing your life, to lose your life "voluntarily"! In other words, to commit suicide! "Don't put your nose between the cogs". Sorry to have to tell you this again. Above all, stay safe!

Edited by msfntor

10 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Fantastic French Hamster ! Thank you for the pictures ! I also had an article about the beautiful pink French Iguana, need to find it.

During the summer vacation, I admire a coypu (nutria, ragondin, Myocastor coypus) that lives in our garden, by the stream, and feels at home ..... eating apples (no problem!) ...

Ragondin+%2528Myocastor+coypus%2529%252C

Ragondin+%2528Myocastor+coypus%2529%252C

Photos from here: http://pescalunephoto.blogspot.com/2016/11/ragondin-myocastor-coypus-nutria.html

Home page with more nice photos: Pescalune Photographyhttp://pescalunephoto.blogspot.com/

Defense Sec. Austin says the most powerful military of the most powerful nation in human history hasn't been able to locate any debris from the 3 objects it just shot down

NTB Staff··Feb 13, 2023 · NottheBee.com

Really?

I get that looking for debris in the frozen mountains of northern Alaska and the Yukon, as well as the frigid waters of Lake Huron, isn't ideal.

But it would be nice if we could use some of our manpower to get a bit more robust of a search going.

At least the White House is taming the more conspiratorial theories... which just makes the more conspiratorial of the theorists certain they are correct. 🤣

We just shot down multiple objects over US airspace for the first time in history. Might be kinda nice to know what we're dealing with.

Here: https://notthebee.com/article/defense-sec-lloyd-says-the-most-powerful-military-of-the-most-powerful-nation-in-human-history-hasnt-been-able-to-locate-any-debris-from-the-3-objects-it-just-shot-down

Sooo.... we're dealing with... ALIENS!

Aliens, aliens everywhere...LOL:rolleyes: