StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Hi! 

After each reboot, action center and calendar stop working, no response after clicking on clock or notification. The only solution: click on “disable program for current user”, sign out, sign in, enable again for current user, sign out, sign in – and then everything works.

After next reboot it doesn't work again.

Starallback v3.5.2 (and earlier versions). Windows 11 Insider Preview 25193 (and all insider preview version which came out last 2 months)

On 8/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, VvonHistria said:

This will be strange. I looked up and could not find anyone asking about this. Must say that I love ASB and everything worked fine for the past 8 months.

As of 1 day ago, whenever I touch settings in SAB configuration, I have several apps automatically opening - Publisher, Power Point, Outlook, Signal, Tor etc - seemingly have nothing to do with SAB. I uninstalled SAB and it worked fine when I was tinkering with regular Win taskbar settings. Installed it back, I open configuration, and as soon as I change ANY setting in Start Menu - apps start popping up. Am I nuts? Am I missing something?

Is it possible that nobody else has this problem? I just re-installed it with the new version and the same behavior and only one my XPS17. On my XPS13, it works well. But on my XPS17, it wrecks havoc, suddenly opens about dozen apps as soon as I right click on the Start Menu (to change the settings)

1 hour ago, VvonHistria said:

I just re-installed it with the new version and the same behavior and only one my XPS17

That must be a conflict with some app. If you have stable reproduction and can provide remote access to your system, write to startisback@gmail.com

3 hours ago, barchee said:

Is there any way to make the Start Menu only show the "All Programs" section, like in Windows 10? Pplease help

or at least somehow make it to open by default (although why would someone need the pinned apps category in this case).

Why are some items missing from "Windows start"? The photo shows exactly in the first items (Win menu)
4x HP ... and after switching to the StartAllBack menu, the 4th item "@ -HP ENVY 5530 Scan" is missing
  and it is also not found further in the menu  :(

Menu Win'11 (1).jpg

Menu Win'11 (2).jpg

On 9/10/2022 at 5:25 AM, barchee said:

Is there any way to make the Start Menu only show the "All Programs" section, like in Windows 10? Pplease help

Like this:

236122138_.png.b0da074bbda8df82c1bbf54c970bfb35.png

So basically everything is the same, but the "All Programs" button is gone and the corresponding section is opened by default

On 9/6/2022 at 11:00 PM, Tihiy said:

Please explain with screen recording or screenshots, I don't get the scenario.

Ive had this issue for a while too, ill try and show you some images to maybe explain it in a better way.

Picture 1 -  Here everything is as it should be, Notepad++ is within the area of the screen that the taskbar doesnt use, no problems here.

Picture 2 - Then i open a game thats running in fullscreen mode on the main monitor, only happens with fullscreen apps. And still everything looks fine.

Picture 3 - Then i close the game and suddenly you can see the the bottom bar of notepad++ has gone down under the taskbar area, this is the problem we are talking about.

Picture 4 - Same as before, but just showing that some apps, will go above the taskbar when this problem is active, hiding it from view.

The only way to then fix this problem is to unlock the taskbar, move it to the side and then back down to where you want it, but this only works untill you launch another app that goes fullscreen like the game does, then the problem comes back.

6 hours ago, SkyySX said:

This already happens when you unpin everything from the left side.

In my case it just shows 10 recently used programs :I

UPD: I unchecked the "Additionally" -> "Store recently opened programs" checkbox, and this, indeed, worked. Thanks for help! :)

Edited by barchee

16 hours ago, barchee said:

In my case it just shows 10 recently used programs :I

UPD: I unchecked the "Additionally" -> "Store recently opened programs" checkbox, and this, indeed, worked. Thanks for help! :)

Ah right that's also a thing but I'm glad it worked out in the end. You're welcome :)

Edited by SkyySX

I just updated to Windows 11 22H2, and StartAllBack lost my QuickLaunch toolbars – I had to re-add them back. Notification area icons were also all hidden (except for Network and Sound).

Otherwise everything seems to work as far as I can see (StartAllBack 3.5.2).

Edited by ender`