StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

If you read the page I posted on 11.10.23 here in the forum (forum page 103 third last post) even further than just the first 3 sentences, then you will find that you can disable this stupid CoPilot of micro junk using the registry settings or can uninstall using a script !
Excerpt from the page : Method 1: Using the Group Policy Editor
Windows 11 Pro users can access the Group Policy Editor on their system to disable Copilot by following these steps...........

Method 2: Using Registry Editor.
If you are using a non-Pro version of Windows 11, you will need to use Registry Editor to remove Windows Copilot, as Group Policy Editor is not bundled with Windows 11. This is a bit more advanced and you should proceed at your own risk............

here again the link to the page described by me
https://www.neowin.net/guides/how-to-turn-off-or-remove-windows-copilot-on-windows-11/

Edited by Kleine Eule 73

For info then for all. SaB has not been working for insiders for several versions of Canarychannel. It produces random untraceable crashes of the explorer or the system freezes completely. Microsoft seems to have changed several things in the way the taskbar works. So don't be surprised if SaB fails to work out of the blue.
Tihiy already wrote some time ago that he will delete posts concerning Canarybuild here. I think because there is simply no way to get a grip on this mess from microsoft using Win 11.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, T. BugReporter said:

And speaking of annoyances, with my latest W11 update, I got a new icon on SaB's taskbar with a tooltip saying "Copilot (preview)" that launches Edge (not my default browser) when clicked.  Oddly, it doesn't appear when I turn off SaB.  @Tihiy, can you modify SaB to kill it?

Same issue here. My PC (Win 11 Home) doesn't even have Windows Copilot as an option, so there's no setting in Personalization > Taskbar to remove it. This is just a button (which does nothing but open Edge, a browser I don't use), which StartAllBack itself is adding to my taskbar for unclear reasons.

Unfortunately for me, right clicking is no different from right clicking anywhere else on the taskbar; there's no option to remove the icon.

EDIT 1: I tried two different registry changes from around the Internet and they did nothing. Presumably because they're designed for when the OS is inserting the Windows Copilot preview button, but it seems like in this case StartAllBack is inserting the button.

EDIT 2: It was interference with ExplorerPatcher. Was able to turn off the button with right click after uninstalling.

Edited by Periapt
Determined problem

On 10/13/2023 at 1:21 PM, Kleine Eule 73 said:

If you read the page I posted on 11.10.23 here in the forum (forum page 103 third last post) even further than just the first 3 sentences, then you will find that you can disable this stupid CoPilot of micro junk using the registry settings or can uninstall using a script !
Excerpt from the page : Method 1: Using the Group Policy Editor
Windows 11 Pro users can access the Group Policy Editor on their system to disable Copilot by following these steps...........

Method 2: Using Registry Editor.
If you are using a non-Pro version of Windows 11, you will need to use Registry Editor to remove Windows Copilot, as Group Policy Editor is not bundled with Windows 11. This is a bit more advanced and you should proceed at your own risk............

here again the link to the page described by me
https://www.neowin.net/guides/how-to-turn-off-or-remove-windows-copilot-on-windows-11/

REG hack doesn't work in W11 23H2 HOME edition. Any other solutions? Thnx 🙏

StartAllBack 3.6.14

- Taskbar will be moved back to reconnected monitor:cheerleader:

- End Task setting works with newer builds

- More stupid 23H2 left/right taskbar fixes

- Fix Copilot button available when Copilot is disfunctional

Hi I have a problem, I can't pin shortcut to o file to the start menu, for example by draging it to the start menu. I know that It can be done, because I already have some shortcut to a files in my start menu that I made long time ago. But I don't remember how i did that, if there was some trick to do that or what. Now I'm not able to do that  I'm talking about the left side of the start menu when You open it :)

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-22 131005.png

Edited by nyorbee

On 10/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, Mikaelo said:

Is there a way to change the background color of the taskbar menu? Thnx:thumbup

image.png.3646add8ae2269d8e7de1fc0cd98c4d4.png

Plus another question.

How can I change the background color of the app menu on the taskbar?

image.png.f31ec59164dda0cdbe2a894a633bbd03.png

THNX

On 10/21/2023 at 10:44 PM, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.6.14

I just tried updating to the latest version and I got this error message. I went to the Microsoft Store and the app isn't available there. How can I update it? I'm trying to update from 3.6.12 and running Windows 11 Pro with the latest updates.

startallback error.jpg

Edited by Friction