StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 6/22/2023 at 11:22 AM, Mikaelo said:

@Tihiy is it possible to set different taskbar positions for more than one monitor? For each monitor different position?

Thnx

Unlock the taskbar and drag it to the corner of the screen on the other monitor like in Win 7.

On 6/16/2023 at 2:58 AM, gsrd90 said:

OK, thanks for the details.

that said, I don't have any acrylic drop-down menu:

dfv.png

moreover there is a color problem on the black w32 applications

explorer_KKwK7BfKYs.png

-

I'd like to second this. image.png.321006da1323728a4f0a4e71807dec8b.png

In my case though, I rarely use the menus here.

One thing I've noticed though, is the spacing where the Home button is and the bottom of the toolbar.  This applies to a default shellstyle.dll as well.  I'm not sure if this is technically a startallback issue though since it really started when microsoft switched to the newer style side bar. It's just way more noticeable with the mica option turned on.

image.png.46a1ea6bac0b7841b319762001572c09.png

Would there be anyway to add padding to the top of the sidebar like this?

image.png.c5039a3df398c35f704152a89843e898.png

Edited by lolok
add info and possible bug

I have an issue where using the enchanted classic task bar, with taskbar auto hide enabled causes the windows 11 *animation* for it to audio hide to be chopping and the desktop wallpaper to clip through the taskbar in the auto hiding animation. This only occurs when using multiple monitors, and when on the desktop itself. It does not occur when unplugging the second monitor/only using one monitor.

Any advice appreciated.  Thank you

@Tihiy

Edited by Nzae

On 6/21/2023 at 7:01 PM, Tihiy said:

I recommend not using Windows 11 start menu

@Tihiy do you think it would be possible, but I don't know how difficult it is, to fix this inconvenience? Center the Win11 standard menu when the taskbar is on top position. Thnx

Just in case it means something, I offer up this ambiguous information concerning 23493, the first build to have CoPilot, a major change. For the record, I'm on SaB 3.6.8.

I had been running 23493 continuously and without incident for almost 22 hours when I happened over to Taskbar Settings and noticed CoPilot toggled On. Since I'm using SaB, there was no obvious presence of CoPilot, and I didn't want it anyway, so I toggled it Off without a second thought.

Within an hour or so, I noticed that the shell restarted, which was odd because I can't recall the last time that happened. Then it proceeded to happen basically every minute:

71FNLpZ.png

They look like this:

mQR2ska.png

Example dmp: https://www.upload.ee/files/15396774/explorer.exe.5796.7z.html

After the first couple of those, I rebooted but it didn't help. Then I closed everything I had been running (even though they were the same things I'd been running the last day), but no difference. Then I thought about the CoPilot toggle, so I put that back On, but no difference, even after reboot.

So now I tried disabling SaB and it stopped happening, which was interesting, since why wasn't SaB a problem the first 22 hours? The only thing I can think of is some kind of strange (and delayed) CoPilot interaction, but I can't prove it.

Not thinking that it would work, I re-enabled SaB, and after that reboot...there's again no problem. I don't really know what to make of this, but I'm going to go ahead and recommend not touching the toggle.

Update: The above-mentioned rapid-fire shell crashes seem to trigger roughly every 24 hours, which I think explains why I didn't see it happen until around that amount of time in the first place, and why it went back into that mode a day after what I wrote above. It's perhaps objecting somehow to the presence of SaB at that interval, but if you play around with the toggle and temporarily switching SaB off, you can get back to a stable state (with SaB), though I'm pretty sure just for a day, when it all repeats.

Update 2: In today's iteration I did this, which I think is the essence of the workaround, since don't forget that the problem starts because Windows can't do something that it needs to do:

-Restarted the shell myself and used the ESC method to prevent SaB from loading.

-Waited a couple minutes for Windows to do whatever it needs to do.

-Restarted the shell so that SaB loads

Edited by rseiler

Hey @Tihiy Please don't be silent like Microsoft while peoples ask for the solution.
1. Explorer does not remember the maximized position. When we restart the OS its comes like restored Window.
2. The elevated programs asks permission always left side of the screen instead of displaying center screen. if we use pinned elevated program or search the program and use Ctrl+Shift.

Regards

1 hour ago, Manoes said:

Hey @Tihiy Please don't be silent like Microsoft while peoples ask for the solution.

You won't like my answers.

1. It's fine for me.

2. Yes, it's great!

Heyo.

Just wondering about a possible feature request, no idea if it's possible at all but never hurts to ask.

The option to hide the taskbar in Windows, it's been there for a long time of course but it actually doesn't hide it completely. I'm not sure it never has, there has always been like a pixel or two pixels that stays on screen as far as I recall.

Is it possible for SAB to have an option to eliminate those pixels and actually completely hide the taskbar?

Thanks for the great software btw. ❤️