StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 5/21/2023 at 7:06 PM, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.6.5

Note: it's not pushed yet to automatic update. 3.6.4 may direct you to downloading update manually.

Hello, I am a Chinese user. This description is completed through Google Translate. There may be some grammatical problems. Please forgive me. StartAllBack is very easy to use, but when I update from version 3.6.2 to version 3.6.4 (and the latest version 3.6.5), I will encounter a black screen on the desktop. After observation, it should be a problem with the resource manager of the Windows system. , the system is running normally, and part of the software can be called out for operation. I tried uninstalling StartAllBack, cleaning up residual files and reinstalling the new version, etc., but the normal installation could not be achieved. The following is my specific computer configuration:

Item                       Version     
----                       -------     
Armoury Crate UWP App      5.6.3.0     
ROG Live Service           2.1.1.0     
Aura Service (Lighting Service)  3.07.10     
Armoury Crate service      5.6.3       
Aura Wallpaper Service     Didn't installed        
Aura SDK                   3.04.31     
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL          2.5.24.0    
ENE_External_Device_HAL    1.0.11.1    
Windows Version:22H2(OS Version:22623.1028)

您好,我是一位中文用户,这段描述是通过谷歌翻译完成的,可能会有一些语法上的问题,敬请见谅。StartAllBack非常的好用,但我在3.6.2版本更新到3.6.4版本(以及最新发布的3.6.5版本)时会遭遇桌面黑屏,经观察,应当是Windows系统的资源管理器一类的问题,系统正常运行,部分软件能呼出操作。我尝试了卸载StartAllBack后清理残余文件再重新安装新版本等,均无法实现正常安装。下面是我的具体电脑配置:

Item                       Version     
----                       -------     
Armoury Crate UWP App      5.6.3.0     
ROG Live Service           2.1.1.0     
Aura Service (Lighting Service)  3.07.10     
Armoury Crate service      5.6.3       
Aura Wallpaper Service     Didn't installed        
Aura SDK                   3.04.31     
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL          2.5.24.0    
ENE_External_Device_HAL    1.0.11.1    
Windows Version:22H2(OS Version:22623.1028)

system info.png

How can I fix this gap? Not sure how this happened. It grows smaller or bigger depending on the number of open windows. Happens on secondary monitor too. 

It's not like this on another pc. 3.6.5

2023-05-22_20-32-48.thumb.png.5f74984a640fbef3cf37fd71169a072a.png

On 5/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, sunnyrio said:

Please add the function to keep triangle buttons (chevrons) for expanding folders when mouse moves away from navigation pane, similar to this in classic explorer:

image.png.deaf1a9acd273c4b89d38a21efd57ada.png

+1 for this, would make it easier to distinguish folders from regular programs (especially if a folder uses some custom icon), and this is what Windows 11 UI features anyway41120873_.thumb.png.47d7e29bed84018e1cda6ca797d814a3.png

It does not automatically download new release and update when I have the option turned on :(

Please help.

Yes I am using UAC and a local non admin account. Maybe that is why ?

Confused.

1 minute ago, Tihiy said:

It would, stay tuned. Each update roll out is staged.

Thanks makes sense now! No rush.

One last question does it require any user interaction ?

Hi. Is this where I post bugs and glitches, or is there a dedicated thread? I'm getting duplicate inputs in the context menu due to SAB on Win 11. Did a fresh install of both recently. Everything's at default, except the start menu is to the left.. I picked the Win 11 style if it matters. Take Power Rename from Power Toys. You can remove the logo or remove the entry in the context menu, but doing either affects both entries.

Also, is it possible to center the buttons, while shifting both the start menu and explorer button to the left? Force of habit means I end up going for the explorer button on the left, which is an issue when you can send Start to the left and center everything else. Meanwhile, I like the center buttons for other things since on Win 10 I used to add stuff to the taskbar to get buttons I wanted to the center. I guess custom control of what's at the center or left would appease everyone.

startallback issue 2.png

Edited by marathon