StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

27 minutes ago, Gangula said:

With version 3.8 my app stopped working. Probably the rework that was necessary on SAB affected also the existence/availability of the mentioned "handle".
This is probably question for @Tihiy. Would it be possible for SAB to bring back the possibility to intercept Start menu calls via the following messages?

Nothing changed around that. I guess more code is needed

@Tihiy Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
Sorry, I made a mistake. I copied the code responsible for intercepting Windows Key. I can confirm that when I press the Windows Key with the SAB v3.8, I get my dashboard instead of the standard Windows Start menu (as it was in v3.7).

I figured out what is the difference between v3.7 and v3.8 that's affecting me.

The Start button prior to v3.8 has a window caption "Start". After the SAB rework the caption is empty.

v3.8.png

v3.7.png

22 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Good luck getting your feature implemented with that attitude. 😂

What attitude? He asked (and others, it seems) if it's possible to add a "feature" :)

2 hours ago, tistou77 said:

What attitude? He asked (and others, it seems) if it's possible to add a "feature" :)

That's up to @Tihiy, I didn't delete his posts. He is directing his anger at me.

I noticed a weirdness with SaB 3.8.4 and VMWare Workstation Pro 17.5.2: I run it on my second monitor, and the taskbar button appeared on the secondary taskbar fine, but I also got a button on the primary taskbar, except it was without the icon; after closing VMWare, the button on primary taskbar did not go away, but changed to an empty button with VMWare icon. I then restarted VMWare, opened a VM, and got another button on the primary taskbar. Closing and opening VMWare, and then opening a VM adds another button on primary taskbar:

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

StartAllBack 3.8.5

- Adjusted bitmap thumbnail size

- Kludge for MinThumbSizePx

- Fixed 1px shift on vertical grouped taskbar

- Fixed tooltip covering Win7 clock flyout

- Fixed reshown apps not visible in Alt+Tab

- Fixed tabs not disappearing or appearing as phantom task buttons

- Dark magic: some apps didn't get all features (e.g. acrylic tips in regedit)

Edited by Tihiy

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, snowlin said:

The taskbar application icon is also missing in 3.8.5

Yeah I couldn't reproduce that, sorry

Edited by Tihiy

19 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Yeah I couldn't get your monstrosity to run, sorry.

Ha ha
It's okay, it would be nice if this problem can be solved. Although it does not affect the game play, it only affects the original version. Everything in the mod is normal (only playing the mod)

Thanks to the author for developing this software, it is very useful after using it for a while!

On 8/17/2024 at 8:20 PM, Yoad said:

Yeah I did. This is why I mentioned I patched dlls. Rectify11 patches dlls and if I know what dll was patched to cause those messed up icons and to revert it

I'm not sure, the icons seem to be hardcoded. And from what I noticed, the bug you're reporting (about misalignment of command bar icons) doesn't happen to me all the time.