360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

360Chrome 13.5.1030 r1:

Deviceinfo.me says: 

Fingerprint Resistance: Detected (good, but where?...)

WebGL: both versions, and Extensions: Disabled or blocked by browser settings/extensions (?)

Hidester browser fingerprint test: https://hidester.com/browser-fingerprint/  - says: Fonts: N/A 

- but deviceinfo.me detect ALMOST all my fonts...70 from 75. I've not found a font detector that detects more fonts than deviceinfo.me detection.

Edited by msfntor
ALMOST

Regarding fonts - I get the same in other browsers.

N/A in hidester but a list in deviceinfo.

But deviceinfo's list is far from accurate  --  only lists 60 of my 76 fonts via 360Chrome v13.5 (did not check in v13.0, v12, or v11), only lists 23 of my 76 fonts in Basilisk 55, Basilisk 52, and New Moon 28.

Hidester doesn't work correctly in New Moon 27 or 28.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Hidester browser fingerprint test: https://hidester.com/browser-fingerprint/  - says: Fonts: N/A in all r (rebuild) builds/versions, too in latest 13.5 r build...

In All M (Modified) builds, hidester find 26 fonts.

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hidester browser fingerprint test: https://hidester.com/browser-fingerprint/  - says: Fonts: N/A in all r (rebuild) builds/versions, too in latest 13.5 r build...

In All M (Modified) builds, hidester find 26 fonts.

Unless I'm missing something, I would think that N/A is actually the PREFERRED result.

I don't really see the point of "fingerprint" detection, but it seems to me that the idea behind it is that a web site can "identify" you based on a COMBINATION of results.

So even without an accurate FONT detection, you can still be "identified" by the COMBINATION of OTHER "items".

Dog chasing its tail, or something like that.

In ALL ("Modified" and too in "rebuild") 360Chrome builds, deviceinfo.me found 70 fonts here;

in "Modified" builds - hidester.com found 26 fonts here; so why hidester.com doesn't found these 26 fonts in "rebuild" builds? 

I am trying to understand this...

Hi there. I've been testing 13.5

I've noticed that connecting to two services that use dx (say youtube and a movie provider such as most movie sites -ok.ru for example) end in error, even if run in different browsers.  My system being tweaked beyond recognition may be it.

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

in "Modified" builds - hidester.com found 26 fonts here; so why hidester.com doesn't found these 26 fonts in "rebuild" builds?

I remove four embedded Google API's in both the "regular" and the "ungoogled".

The "ungoogled" goes one step further and breaks Google's cookie policy violation.

I do not know if this is the difference in your "font count" or not.

If you still have alpha_10 (it still contains all embedded Google API's), does it have the same "font count" as rebuild_1 or rebuild_2 (both have the embedded Google API's removed) ?

Edited by ArcticFoxie

I've said it a hundred times, what's one more  --  WHITELIST JAVASCRIPT !!!  Period, end of story!  :cheerleader:

An excerpt --

Disable JavaScript

Disabling JavaScript is an effective way of obscuring your browser from being fingerprinted. The reason is that without JavaScript enabled, websites can’t detect what plugins and fonts you have installed. Since this information is a major part of your fingerprint, it’s a good idea to prevent websites from seeing it.

That said, many sites require JavaScript to operate effectively, so you might be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But what if you could get the best of both worlds?

One solution is to use a tool like NoScript. NoScript will block JavaScript on all sites by default, but allows you to enable it for the sites you really want to use. The downside is that this has to be done manually, so it does require a little bit of work to be used effectively.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

8 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:
12 hours ago, msfntor said:

I remove four embedded Google API's in both the "regular" and the "ungoogled".

The "ungoogled" goes one step further and breaks Google's cookie policy violation.

I do not know if this is the difference in your "font count" or not.

If you still have alpha_10 (it still contains all embedded Google API's), does it have the same "font count" as rebuild_1 or rebuild_2 (both have the embedded Google API's removed) ?

It's GOOD to remove four embedded Google API's - much preferable than to make hidester work better...of course!

(between us, it's not a big deal at all that hidester can't count the fonts in your builds anymore, I just wanted to understand why and give you the idea to improve your builds only).

Sadly, I don't have alpha_10 build ... maybe someone else has kept this build?

7 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I've said it a hundred times, what's one more  --  WHITELIST JAVASCRIPT !!!  Period, end of story!

Of course, and in this regard I use Script Blocker Ultimate:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/script-blocker-ultimate-n/onedokhafbakmhkblnokgjcliehfognj?hl=en-US  - with "Block all but whitelist" option notched here (to block JS on all sites by default). It is lighter and less mind-boggling than NoScript.

And in the back pocket I hold ready the One-Click JavaScript Toggle...:cool:

9 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Hi there. I've been testing 13.5

I've noticed that connecting to two services that use dx (say youtube and a movie provider such as most movie sites -ok.ru for example) end in error, even if run in different browsers.  My system being tweaked beyond recognition may be it.

All is good here with ok.ru, example of this cat: https://ok.ru/parkkulturyiotdykha/topic/154112388609486  :buehehe: