360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Are you running any anti-virus programs that may be causing the crashes?

Im not using any antivirus, i pretty much keep only chrome open while i browse

On 4/11/2022 at 3:19 PM, v3cv said:

Im using 13.0.2216.0 Chromium 86.0.4240.198 and these are my advanced settings: https://imgur.com/YVQXt7G

Have you tried removing 13.0.2216.0 completely (including Windows Registry keys) and starting with a clean profile?

If a clean profile and clean registy entries still crashes, then my next suggestion would be remove 13.0.2216.0 (Humming Owl's build version), remove Windows Registy entries, and use 13.0.2206.0 (ArcticFoxie's build version) and see if you still have crashes.

59 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Have you tried removing 13.0.2216.0 completely (including Windows Registry keys) and starting with a clean profile?

If a clean profile and clean registy entries still crashes, then my next suggestion would be remove 13.0.2216.0 (Humming Owl's build version), remove Windows Registy entries, and use 13.0.2206.0 (ArcticFoxie's build version) and see if you still have crashes.

It might be worth specifying that I don't use Humming Owl/Arctic Foxie 360 mod, I use normal russian repack 360Chrome 13.

34 minutes ago, v3cv said:

It might be worth specifying that I don't use Humming Owl/Arctic Foxie 360 mod, I use normal russian repack 360Chrome 13.

The only thing I can recommend it would be not turnning on anything related to hardware acceleration. It is unstable in XP due to incompatibilities. Forcing the browser to use such options might be the issue. Apart from that you can try to use version 13.5 from the russian repack to see if those problems persist (I believe they share that version). There is some information about some issues on their forum page, try them out to see if they can help --> https://forum-ru--board-com.translate.goog/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=50830&start=2240&_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Edit: Try testing the version you are using under a Win7 machine (if possible) to see if the same problems occur.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

1 hour ago, v3cv said:

I strongly suspect that right there is your issue.

The dominant concensus here at MSFN a couple years ago is that the Russian Repack did not remove all of the Chinese telemetry.

That was one of the reasons that Humming Owl and ArcticFoxie released their modifications.

Have you monitored network traffic by using something like DNSQuerySniffer to verify that you don't have telemetry issues?  https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dns_query_sniffer.html

Hi, im giving Humming Owl version a try and it seems to work well but the fonts are different, more text is chinese, and it force itself to use Duckduckgo search instead of Google even if change setting

Is there a way to copy those preferences from russian version? Thank you

Edit: I've managed to hex edit chrome.dll to get google search, and I test 3 browser stresser with cpu 100% and crash no longer seem to happen. Thank you, my only concern now is the difference of font in browser header.

Edited by v3cv

On 4/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, msquidpl said:

How to fix broken fonts and bad rendering in MiniBrowser? They work perfectly in the new Mypal 68.

2022-04-12_13h45_43.png

2022-04-12_13h45_48.png

I was trying to see if something could fix this and sadly I don't know what is causing the problem. In 360EE those fonts are displayed properly and are lower Chromium versions than MiniBrowser (v9, v11, v12 and v13 all tested on Win7). So, or the MiniBrowser developers added something that messed up how to load the "FontAwesome" font or Chromium 87 introduced a bug that affects the load of those type of fonts (Chromium 87 on Linux does load the fonts). What happens if you open this URL and search for some icons? --> https://fontawesome.com/icons

6 hours ago, v3cv said:

Hi, im giving Humming Owl version a try and it seems to work well but the fonts are different, more text is chinese, and it force itself to use Duckduckgo search instead of Google even if change setting

Is there a way to copy those preferences from russian version? Thank you

Edit: I've managed to hex edit chrome.dll to get google search, and I test 3 browser stresser with cpu 100% and crash no longer seem to happen. Thank you, my only concern now is the difference of font in browser header.

Can you send some screenshots of the chinese text you are seeing? and also the font problems.

Preferences should not be locked. Maybe is the change between versions that let to the lock of some options.

Try erasing all "360" registry entries in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software" path.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Can you send some screenshots of the chinese text you are seeing? and also the font problems.

Preferences should not be locked. Maybe is the change between versions that let to the lock of some options.

Try erasing all "360" registry entries in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software" path.

Cheers.

Hi,

The font seem to be arial no matter selected theme (russian repack used zune theme default font) and the text of developer extension warning was working before.

https://imgur.com/LnZ7Orn