What are you watching?

sunryze

Cry Wolf (2005) on DVD

Eight unsuspecting high school seniors at a posh boarding school, who delight themselves on playing games of lies, come face-to-face with terror and learn that nobody believes a liar - even when they're telling the truth.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

Any X-files fans out here?

The X-Files was certainly my favorite TV show of the 1990s! It actually ran until 2002, but I had grown somewhat tired of it by then (and both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson had left the series). I’m old enough to remember the last great UFO outbreak in the fall of 1973, and yes I was a believer like Agent Mulder in my youth, like many Americans in the 1970s. Perhaps you have seen Steven Spielberg’s first science fiction film Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), which was partly inspired by 1973 reports of UFOs in the U.S. state of Indiana. But I’ll bet you never heard this popular song from the same time period:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leKeknINhkc

I made the mistake of watching

Hostel (2005)

Rated R

Three backpackers head to a Slovak city that promises to meet their hedonistic expectations, with no idea of the hell that awaits them.

Now I feel triggered and it left me with an uneasy feeling and perhaps I need to avoid some movies.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I made the mistake of watching

Hostel (2005)

Rated R

Three backpackers head to a Slovak city that promises to meet their hedonistic expectations, with no idea of the hell that awaits them.

Now I feel triggered and it left me with an uneasy feeling and perhaps I need to avoid some movies.

Slovak? Who in the World would want to watch it? No wonder you're stressed! Don't plan your vacation in Eastern countries.

I remember there was a comedy Eurotrip 2004, highly advisable to watch to take the heat/stress off.

5 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I had grown somewhat tired of it by then (and both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson had left the series).

C'mon, Patrick was actually fine, I took a pleasant vacation from Mulder's huge nose.

5 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Steven Spielberg’s first science fiction film Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), which was partly inspired by 1973 reports of UFOs in the U.S. state of Indiana.

I did, but I expected much more from that film, honestly. Spielberg is always simply not enough, good, but not enough. The main cast is weak, nice sound in the film though.

Non-Stop (2014)

PG-13

ActionMysteryThriller

An air marshal springs into action during a transatlantic flight after receiving a series of text messages demanding $150 million into an off-shore account, or someone will die every 20 minutes.

I'm a huge fan of ulianne Moore ... pretty much I have all her movies on DVD. 

Trying to avoid movies that trigger anxiety. 

• 1 month later...

Hope you're well @sunryze and @K4sum1

The Forgotten

PG-13

After being told that their children never existed, a man and woman soon discover there is a much bigger enemy at work.

Starring ... Julianne MooreDominic WestChristopher Kovaleski

Edited by XPerceniol

I saw the new Dune: Part Two at the cinema last weekend. (For those who missed Part One in 2021, a Blu-ray/DVD is available at Walmart for about the price of a movie ticket.) The two films by Canadian filmmaker Denis Villeneuve comprise the best screen adaptation there is of Frank Herbert’s bestselling 1965 novel. (I’m a fan of David Lynch, but his 1984 film Dune was simply too short to do justice to the book.)  Villeneuve has become a leading director of science fiction films in recent years, having made Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 before embarking on his two-part Dune project. He reportedly has plans for a third film based on Frank Herbert’s sequel Dune Messiah. My old favorite filmmaker James Cameron needs to work harder if he wants to stay on top in science fiction films! Here’s a trailer for Dune: Part Two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Qp5pL3ovA

15 hours ago, Saxon said:

With all the love to Christopher Walken, I shouldn't recommend due to the rest of the weak cast.

I’m familiar with your opinion that cinema died around the turn of the century. Christopher Walken was certainly a great actor of the 20th century, but now his sunken eyes are a sad sight. The future of cinema (and everything else) belongs to the young, and the young are making Dune: Part Two a success:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/box-office-dune-part-two-younger-adults-audience-1235842993/

I want to put in a good word for actress Rebecca Ferguson, who I had never noticed before Part One. She plays Lady Jessica, the mother of the hero (or antihero) Paul Atreides, and she is very beautiful. In Part Two she looked absolutely stunning even with strange graffiti all over her face. I’m still scratching my head about that because I never cared for tattoos!? Jessica was not a character in Frank Herbert’s Dune Messiah, so it seems unlikely that Ferguson will be back for Part Three:(

Yeah Christopher Walken didn't age well at all. 

Speaking about going to the cinema or theater ... I've developed a irrational phobia ... I used to go as a kid but been a very very long time since.